• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Scraps first three singles and releases album a year after first scrapped single.

J9FYc2e.gif

Releases album on Tidal, but gives it away for free.

J9FYc2e.gif

Comes out of nowhere with Consideration, possibly her BEST SONG EVER, and its only 2 fucking minutes long.

J9FYc2e.gif
J9FYc2e.gif
J9FYc2e.gif
J9FYc2e.gif
J9FYc2e.gif
J9FYc2e.gif

ANTi is Dead Petz if Dead Petz was actually relevant and wasn't overshadowed by fake TV Nickgod Minaj drama

and ANTi will actually be talked about after release

Yea I dunno.

I'm waiting for the tracks to click with me cause right now every track off the album got me going "all the delays were for this?"

I wanna love Kiss it Better cause the verses are so good, but then that chorus comes in. 😕

Maybe if I listen to the album some more, it'll sink in right or something and I love it as much as others seem to.

1mm

Neo Member
RIHleasing this as a free download seems so fishy lmao... Maybe there's a poppier ANTi 2 she's concealing...

Yea I dunno.

I'm waiting for the tracks to click with me cause right now every track off the album got me going "all the delays were for this?"

I wanna love Kiss it Better cause the verses are so good, but then that chorus comes in. 😕

Maybe if I listen to the album some more, it'll sink in right or something and I love it as much as others seem to.
It's good but imo it wasn't worth years of wait

Apparently, Natalia Kills has been removed from the writing credits for Kiss It Better. ctfu.

11CU4AI.png

I find this artistically disgusting and against the standards of intellectual property.

SeMWUnF.gif

Floridian

My head hurts from eveything that happened today. From the Radio Premiere of work, to the Kanye vs Wiz battle, to the #bootyhole exposure, to the ANTi Leak, to the Album actually being released for free. Like I need a rest.

Wow, thanks for the free album Rih!

Listening now, Consideration hits hard. James Joint is just an interlude really. Kiss It Better is alright. Work about to start, which I love.

I know everyone's shitting on Higher coz it's completely out of her range but I love the rawness of it. Honestly adds to the earnestness, lol

Last song is ace too.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I thought FFS would at least be on the album tbh. It wasn't like it flopped. Maybe the song didn't fit the direction or something

I think BBHMM, AO and FFS simply dont go well with the direction of how the album ended up. They could have added BBHMM tho.

Downloaded the album,

This shits, definitely didn't expect some of these songs from here. The album is fantastic, haters can stay mad. This might replace Rated R as my fav album of hers

Floridian

Downloaded the album,

This shits, definitely didn't expect some of these songs from here. The album is fantastic, haters can stay mad. This might replace Rated R as my fav album of hers

It's definitely my favorite from her. It's just so ahead of her other albums in terms of delivering a complete package.

Meowster

It's definitely my favorite from her. It's just so ahead of her other albums in terms of delivery a complete package.
Halfway through and a lot of it is very samey but the beats are very nice and hypnotic (so maybe the length was a good decision if it stays like this throughout the whole thing). It's very sensual and raw. She's definitely improved as a singer. Finishing up Yeah, I Said It and I would say that only Work and Woo have been a 7/10 or less. Everything else is at least an 8. But let's keep listening before I make any definitive statements.

GSGprmj.gif

3phemeral

Listening to Anti now and initial impression:

Love:
Consideration
Kiss It Better (Rihlly sold me on this with her execution)
Desperado (Dat gooey bass)
Same Ol' Mistakes
Love On the Brain (surprised she pulled this off but I'd really love to hear a more competent singer try this)​

Like:
Closer to You​

Undecided:
James Joint
Woo
Yeah, I Said It
Needed Me (feels like more of a Drake track)
Higher (voice becomes grating but I don't mind rasp every now and then)​

Trash:
Work: Imma need a Drake-free version. Until then
Never Ending​

Probably my favorite album of hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom