• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Not a fan of Kiss It Better, its very bland.

Drake's part on Work is worthless, could have done without him.

My 2 favorites are Desperado and Love On The Brain which NEEDS to be the next single.

Nasser

I was hoping for another S&M

tumblr_m8tjpoZobQ1qj4qcqo4_250.gif

And no not bc the remix ft the legendary ms Britney Spears. It was a GOOD pop song

cory64

Mau ®;193509875 said:
Listening from beginning to end. I'm on "Woo" and I'm not terribly impressed. It's just solid so far...
It doesn't punch
It doesn't snatch
It's just a really cute and respectable album.

SaintZ

Why wasn't Kiss It Better the lead single? I tolerate Work now but it sounds like an album filler tbh.

Currently on Love On The Brain and I really like it.

ETA: Mess at Higher being next. I couldn't last more than a minute. I suspect the Rhenna used the same substance as Lana when she recorded Yayo for Paradise tbh.

Ok so yeah several random here and there listens in and it's a good album. I found myself going back to the same songs, I am not interested in listening to Work, Needed Me, Woo, and Desperado ever again in my entire life. However, Never Ending might just be my favorite song next to Consideration.

I've tried listening to Kiss It Better, I can't finish it... It's so bland.

So I guess: 5/14 songs I use.

Floridian

Best Tracks:
Consideration
Love On The Brain
Kiss It Better
Desperado
Yes, I Said It
Woo
Same Ol Mistakes

Great Tracks:
Never Ending
Work
Needed Me

Alright Tracks:
Higher
James Joint
Close To You

9/10 overall. Rhat came through with her experimental record.

James Joint deserved better.

Yeah, I Said It got robbed.

The only decent tracks on this fucking thing end before they even begin.

And say no to ballads, Rhenna.

Floridian

Anti is Tidal exclusive for a week. RIP Sales.

Update: Because of leaks, the album was released a few hours early and is now available.

The rumors are true: Rihanna’s ANTI is coming tomorrow, and it’s only going to be available on Tidal , representatives of the streaming platform shared exclusively with Forbes. The singer’s long-awaited eighth full length is set to premiere on Tidal tomorrow at 12:01 AM EST, and if you act fast, you’ll be able to secure a free download of the title as well.

ANTI will be exclusive to Tidal for its first full week of availability, which may hurt her sales, at least in the beginning. That might sound like a disincentive for any artist, especially when it’s so difficult to sell albums at all in these days, but it’s likely that between her sponsorship dollars from Samsung and her co-owner status at Tidal, she stands to benefit more financially from giving away copies through the right partners than by selling them.

PInk Tape

Banned
Love:
Love on the Brain (Overall I think it may be my fav. track)
Consideration
Never Ending
Desperado
James Joint
Woo

Like:
Kiss it Better
Yeah, I Said It
Work
Same Ol' Mistakes

Alright:
Close to You
Needed Me
Higher

Sia's "Broken Glass" is just everything. I can't even. The only song that I haven't liked so far is "Reaper". Due to this, I might have to give Sia my coins when her album drops.

I just opened the link, put in a fake e-mail address, clicked the blue arrow, and the entire album immediately started to download.

The entire album.

dad9ccf148.gif

So how does this even promote TIDAL again?

Touchdown

Banned
I just opened the link, put in a fake e-mail address, clicked the blue arrow, and the entire album immediately started to download.

The entire album.

dad9ccf148.gif

So how does this even promote TIDAL again?

wait!! Are they trying to get free signups for TIDAL by giving away Rihanna's album for free?

dad9ccf148.gif

edit: Rih needs to hire Swift's lawyers and SUE Jay Z

dad9ccf148.gif

Floridian

Today has been a mind trip. Like Rih's era... just.... idk how to really articulate it.

The Last ANTI-diary room opened today. It was supposed to be a Tidal Exclusive release tomorrow for a week. It ended up getting leaked early, then they just passed that off and released it anyway. And now there's free copies being passed around legally of the album.

Rihanna has not said one word about this situation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom