• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasser

Ok I just finished listening to Blue Neighbourhood for the first time

Screen_Shot_2016_02_08_at_9_29_06_PM.png

Mau ®

I have yet to listen to Foxes alberm. Been too busy with DIIV, Majid Jordan and Rhat. I also have to make space for Eric Prydz. Why did literally everyone released last Friday? Whew!

MrV4ltor

Gaga literally has to release within the next two or three months. Definitely before the 2nd half of 2016 to avoid Katy and Taylor. Now is the time to release since Bey isn't a real threat in terms of chart positions and I have no idea how Rhat is doing.

rhandino

Banned
Gaga literally has to release within the next two or three months. Definitely before the 2nd half of 2016 to avoid Katy and Taylor. Now is the time to release since Bey isn't a real threat in terms of chart positions and I have no idea how Rhat is doing.
Bey is going full Urban if Formation is any indication and while I can see Rih getting a #1 I feel that ANTi is too indie for the mainstream.

Basically Gaga only competition this year are Hitlord and Katheryn and maybe Bruno Mars if he also release this year. Poor Kesha =/

MrV4ltor

Bey is going full Urban if Formation is any indication and while I can see Rih getting a #1 I feel that ANTi is too indie for the mainstream.

Basically Gaga only competition this year are Hitlord and Katheryn and maybe Bruno Mars if he also release this year. Poor Kesha =/

I'm going to be fuming if Catty comes out of nowhere and blocks Gags again.
I feel like the GeePee has had enough of Taylor because of the huge ammount of singles from 1989, it would just feel too soon for her to release another album this year.

rhandino

Banned
The lead single will decide if the GP is still here for Katheryn tbh.

Would be cute if she finally fullfil her promise of "dark pop" that she tried to do during the promo of PRISM until it was revealed that it was more an evolution of Teenage Dream.

Still, Legendary Lovers, Dark Horse and Walking on Air >>>>>>>>>>>>

SaintZ

The Freak video is premiering today and it seems it is a long video (11 minutes long). HmmmT. I wonder if she's using other songs to fill all of that or just a long instrumental a la Ride.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
God I hope Katy snatches Gaga's wig clean off her head again, I'm ready for the kiis

I hope even more that Gaga defies expectation by releasing an actually good album

I hope Gaga delivers. She will be doing very well at the end of the month and if she fails to capitalize on the success it will be pretty embarrassing.

And while I enjoyed dark horse and spiritual from prism, I don't need any more Katy for a while.

Einhander

Is there not an OT for ANTI? Because god damn, this album is wonderful. I love "Consideration". Definitely the best song on the album. She's made a creative album. I haven't said that about a pop singer in a long time.

Phreaker

Mau ®;194642988 said:
She won't win.

But I see The Lord stays in your thoughts. The power!

Why not? Who do you think will win it? 1989 was a good album and the GP loved it.

If that's the case, then I'll digress. But I still can't get behind those vocals. It's just grating and I like weird stuff like that. It just was not clicking for me.

I'm with you about Higher. I have to skip it, it's worse than Jewels & Drugs - I like Love on the Brain though and really enjoy Work and Kiss It Better. Even Desperado is okay.

MrV4ltor

Generic white girl better not win AOTY. Kendrick or The Weeknd are much more deserving.

Higher is like an even shittier version of what Gaga was trying to do on Dope. Just sing like a normal person.

rhandino

Banned
Kendrick or The Weeknd losing album of the year against The Aryan will be the absolute worst outcome so its totally going to happen.

zFjzlLt.gif

Mau ®

I thought you didn't care about this.
Hwk8e6Y.gif

King Botty was doing the most though. The fact he went about to comparing how Selena's Revival was superior was too much even for me.

Hands To Myself is far more exhilarating than anything on ANTI though

Floridian

"We now live in a world where Selena Gomez puts out better albums than Rihanna."

Probably the most delusional opinion other than "Britney is a better singer than Adele" i've witnessed here.

Anyway; More praise from NY times

The album might be the declaration of an anti-pop star, a statement from an artist whose fame is no longer tied to her music. Rihanna’s long been bigger than her albums, bigger than her music, bigger than any distinct sound. Her fans are invested in her, and in her life. And that’s producing something remarkable, something post-pop, something much more intriguing and far-reaching than album streams, sales or award nominations.

The biggest musicians in the world are reshaping what it means to be at the center of pop in myriad ways. Beyoncé and Adele are toying with their command on our attention and wallets — Bey by releasing a brand-new song the day before appearing at the Super Bowl (then announcing a world tour immediately after her performance), Adele by refusing to stream at all. This week, Kanye West will debut his album as a concert and simultaneous live stream. Prince and Taylor Swift have challenged the financial models of streaming services. Rihanna’s contribution, meanwhile, might be a bit more human: She’s testing what it means to be a platinum-selling artist who is bold enough to only make music that she wants to hear.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
12669466_1008573312556292_4377752466117999599_n.jpg

Now she has the Uncle Toms fuming. Power.

She keeps winning.

hmm
At its inception on October 15,[4] 1966, the Black Panther Party's core practice was its armed citizens' patrols to monitor the behavior of police officers and challenge police brutality in Oakland, California. In 1969, community social programs became a core activity of party members.[5] The Black Panther Party instituted a variety of community social programs, most extensively the Free Breakfast for Children Programs, and community health clinics
The third and current manifestation of the KKK emerged after 1950, in the form of small, local, unconnected groups that use the KKK name. They focused on opposition to the Civil Rights Movement, often using violence and murder to suppress activists. It is classified as a hate group by the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center.
some differences there

Generic white girl better not win AOTY. Kendrick or The Weeknd are much more deserving.

Higher is like an even shittier version of what Gaga was trying to do on Dope. Just sing like a normal person.

Higher shines because of its imperfections. it's a story, and she's playing a character. It's meant to sound like she's drunk and high at 5 o'clock in the morning, like completely unabashed. If it was sung "beautifully" then it just becomes a cheesy 2 minute express ballad. The rawness in her voice completely elevates it.

Whereas with Dope she has the melody and lyrics ready to go, but that melancholic guttural vocal robs all the authenticity away. A great song that was way oversold vocally.

Mau ®;194722653 said:
King Botty was doing the most though. The fact he went about to comparing how Selena's Revival was superior was too much even for me.

Hands To Myself is far more exhilarating than anything on ANTI though

You need to lay off the ganja, it's really starting to effect your judgment if you think anything Selena has done is superior to Rihanna. Anti or otherwise.

I think Beyonce's new album will be a referendum on race relations the same way Self-Titled was a statement on feminism. So interesting to see someone become more authentic and political at her commercial peak versus being on the fringe.

Frodo

I think Beyonce's new album will be a referendum on race relations the same way Self-Titled was a statement on feminism. So interesting to see someone become more authentic and political at her commercial peak versus being on the fringe.

So interesting to see someone become more authentic and political at her commercial peak versus being on the fringe.

So interesting to see someone become more authentic

more authentic

authentic

authentic

Authenticity or Beyoncé. Pick one.

And buy FORMATION on iTunes when it rihleases on that service.

Mau ®

The Beylzebub will never be authentic. For as long as she doesn't reveal her true self, she will always be in power and in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom