• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
OOP, a Pitbull T but even Pitbull has at least two #1

5VEyLTn.gif

The fact that Hotline Bling was blocked from #1 glory by The Hills, poor him.
Drake is almost the Canadian Katy Perry.
5VEyLTn.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I imagine the guy that could not get over beys boobies

I woke up listening to Jessie Ware's albums today for the first time in a while. They are still such a slay. Her voice is just so sublime. Apparently, she is planning on releasing a new album this year, let me perch.

Props to Charli, I am here for this.

Why WOULDN'T you wear underwear? Disgusting tbh.

Maybe it was laundry day and he had to choose between nothing and those extra large boxers his mom bought him when he was 14 that he somehow still has buried in his drawer at home because in the back of his mind he still thinks he could grow into them, even though he'll come to accept that he'll never fit the profile that his mother had predestined for him, as hard as it is to face...

I support the free baller. The free baller is all of us.

That vine was fucking funny

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Friday is soon!
not sure im gonna be 100% on board but happy for new music

Nasser

Man can you imagine if Beyonce actually tried to play the charts game though? She'd most likely slay records the way she slays everything else.

Zzz Y'all need to stop acting like she's not trying. If she truly wasn't trying she wouldn't be relying on gimmicks to sell her albums (surprise releases). The BeyHive should accept Bey won't get a solo #1 song anymore.

xw0_zpsc89f9797.gif

Zzz Y'all need to stop acting like she's not trying. If she truly wasn't trying she wouldn't be relying on gimmicks to sell her albums (surprise releases). The BeyHive should accept Bey won't get a solo #1 song anymore.

xw0_zpsc89f9797.gif
xw0_zpsc89f9797.gif

gerl plz

If she wanted a #1 single, she wouldn't have released the entire album with no option to download individual tracks and restricted the videos to iTunes for an entire month.

She got the premium $15.99 coins, which going by some of the handwringing in here that night is apparently more than most of Pop-GAF's weekly paychecks.

album receipts? check

tour receipts? check

critical acclaim and industry adoration receipts? check

The only receipts your fave has are the unpaid bills from her psychotherapists.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;196369949 said:
Is free balling really a thing?
Did it once and felt weird. The movement and it rubbing on the jeans constantly made awkward yet arousing feel. Also the feeling of danger with the fly was not cute.

Nasser

Britney Spears is literally a legend. She was busy changing the music industry while Bey was her opening act. Maybe y'all too young and haven't experienced the global pop phenomenon that is Britney Spears. She literally inspired this generations pop stars and you CANNOT deny that. Just like Janet and Madonna when they inspired the previous gen.
xw0_zpsc89f9797.gif

Anyways, hope you all enjoy Beyoncés new album

Mau ®

Besides Selena, I don't see any Britney influence in the current crop of pop girls. And even then, Selena is far more busy aping 2011-2013 Rihanna.

There's a bigger Madonna and Janet influence in this decade than Britney. Sorry bruh :(

xw0_zpsc89f9797.gif

She tries, you can tell by the quality of her work and her performances. Unlike some other pop stars who get mentioned here, she hustles and earns her praise. I said she doesn't strive for Billboard certifications anymore, and it obviously isn't because she doesn't think she can get them. Formation is a private video on her youtube channel, the single for which is only available on a failing music subscription service. And yet it already amassed a huge cultural footprint. Meanwhile others can churn out #1 songs but fail to have anywhere near the relevance or influence.

Beyonce's new marketing is hella smart. Listening to her song requires climbing a pay wall and a surprising amount of effort, same with finding her music video through a link and not by searching for it on youtube. Her tour tickets are crazy expensive, and she refuses to do interviews. She's making herself a hot commodity and it's all by making her material a little more unreachable. And she knows that she's the only person who can do that and have the public play along. She's fucking brilliant.

I wouldn't be surprised if her next album is only available in a remote cave on the coast of Niihau.

Matt_

oh rip at it being that old
why make it private though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom