• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Seems that Madonna australian leg of her tour has been messy and people are blaming it on prescribed drugs and alcohol causing ha to have a meltdown on-stage.

janetsmokekmbgv.gif
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/the-real-story-behind-madonnas-meltdown/news-story/e6ae91b3046a42aa6be54608a156e337?nk=503da723b1353c8e4588f861ba1748a4-1458073870

Reviews have been glowing, only trash like the Daily Mail is pushing the out of context quote / burnt out drunk angle. Im hardly a big fan of hers of late but we're seeing her tomorrow and I'm confident the show will be killer.

Touchdown

Banned
Seems that Madonna australian leg of her tour has been messy and people are blaming it on prescribed drugs and alcohol causing ha to have a meltdown on-stage.

janetsmokekmbgv.gif

There's a traveling circus here locally in my neighborhood here in NYC that always pulls in huge numbers and crowds for their tours, not because people want to see a quality show, but because they want to see a mess, a car wreck if you will. I believe the audience for Madonna's tour are on the same wavelength. The meltdown on stage is just another sad desperate ploy to keep the audience interested and coming back. However there's only a certain number of times the wranglers can drag the old decrepit blonde lion around the stage before the crowds stop coming and they have to put it to sleep.

82kqWFz.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
There's a traveling circus here locally in my neighborhood here in NYC that always pulls in huge numbers and crowds for their tours, not because people want to see a quality show, but because they want to see a mess, a car wreck if you will. I believe the audience for Madonna's tour are on the same wavelength. The meltdown on stage is just another sad desperate ploy to keep the audience interested and coming back. However there's only a certain number of times the wranglers can drag the old decrepit blonde lion around the stage before the crowds stop coming and they have to put it to sleep.

82kqWFz.jpg

I know what you mean.
mariah-carey-falling-o.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That madonna cape gif is severely underused

82kqWFz.jpg
euthanize ha

OGhIZLT.gif

Touchdown

Banned

Ms. Carey will be the star of a new eight-part documentary series, “Mariah’s World,” which will follow her as she goes on a tour in Europe and South Africa that began on Tuesday, and plans her wedding to her billionaire fiancé, which is to take place this spring. (No date has been set yet.)

But whatever you do, don’t use the R-word when discussing the series with Ms. Carey.

”I refuse to call it a reality show,” she said in a telephone interview. The series, she said, is all about getting to know her better and not, as she put it, “Here I am, getting my nails done.”

“I thought it would be a good opportunity to kind of, like, show my personality and who I am, even though I feel like my real fans have an idea of who I am,” she explained. “A lot of people have misperceptions about this and that.”

The show began filming two weeks ago, as Ms. Carey wrapped up a Las Vegas concert series, and will move to her international tour with members of her entourage — including singers, dancers and her manager — serving as co-stars.

The series (each episode will be an hour long) is expected to debut later this year, possibly by late summer.

8 EPISODES OF THE QUEEN --- IT'S MARIAH'S WORLD AND WE ALL JUST LIVE IN IT!!!!!!ALJSD;LJSDLJKF;LSD;ALSDJF

0683577d01.gif

llehuty

Since you seem to be thirsty for new music, I open the gates of Asian-pop:

Mando-pop
By2 - No reason
By2 - Isn't it

Thai-pop
GAIA - Audition(เลือกได้)
Getting Ariana Grande vibes of wasted potential with the amazing prechorus + useless rap feature
GAIA - Love Potion (English version
throwing a bone to those that only enjoy english music
)
GAIA - Love Me Please

Viet-pop
MIN from ST.319 - "SHINE YOUR LIGHT" M/V (ft. Justatee)
MIN from ST.319 - NHỚ (STUCK) M/V

J-pop (they are all from the same group)
E-girls / RYDEEN &#12316;Dance All Night&#12316; <-- Just the I'm a slave 4 U inspired set >>>>>
Happiness - Juicy love
Flower - &#31179;&#39080;&#12398;&#12450;&#12531;&#12469;&#12540;
Bonus: E-Girls - E.G. Anthem -WE ARE VENUS-

rhandino

Banned
There's a traveling circus here locally in my neighborhood here in NYC that always pulls in huge numbers and crowds for their tours, not because people want to see a quality show, but because they want to see a mess, a car wreck if you will. I believe the audience for Britney Las Vegas residency are on the same wavelength. The meltdown on stage is just another sad desperate ploy to keep the audience interested and coming back. However there's only a certain number of times the wranglers can drag the old decrepit blonde lion around the stage before the crowds stop coming and they have to put it to sleep.

82kqWFz.jpg
janetsmokekmbgv.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh I thought you guys were on about the band

rhandino

Banned
The 3 most iconic moments in this comm for me are:

1) The day Self-title released.

2) Unapologicide

3) Applause vs Roar because of THIS:

When you have your album be called ARTPOP and it delivers the same sounds from the last 20 years you're asking for it. She said BTW was gonna be album of the century, the song the anthem of a new generation.

ARTPOP was set to REVOLUTIONIZE POP MUSIC

I said it before. You can't be POP and ART at the same time. She CHOSE to be a POP singer. If she wants to be artsy and underground she should drop the pretense and fucking go and DO IT. Not release AVERAGE DANCE TRACKS and have to gall to call it ART.

Instead she is like OHHHH LOOK AT ME, I'M A POP STAR, I'M EDGY AND MYSTERIOUS. PO-PO-POKER FACE. BURQA-BURQA, YOU CAN'T SEE ME, I'M SO DEEP AND AVANT GARDE.

Because when you drop the pretense, the smoke and mirrors, the borrowed imagery all you're left with is a run off the mill pop tart with a handful of pretty good song who used media really well to get ahead of the game. Now the farce has run out of gas. She has reached her peak and we're witnessing first hand her decline as a top pop artist. She had a good run for what she had to offer but seriuosly, the spectacle never did match her musical output.

We're seeing the pop market adjusting itself as INFLATED GAGA STOCK is being declared by the general public as not worth the selling rate after her, her team, the media and her monsters manipulated her brand with SUB PRIME TACTICS and made her out to be ENRON MOTHER MONSTER. The GAGA CRASH is here.

Sell your GAGA stock before it becomes WORTHLESS.

And this

Gaga can't even get a gig on Drag Race without having to beg at the knees of a tribute drag act. Why bother shading X-Factorney? Just, why bother? It is absolutely fitting that her persona this lead single is that of a sad clown. She is mourning the dire state of her career, and wearing all of her disjointed, nonsensical ideas on her parrot-like, carnival wench disaster of a face. Did I mention the clown she's cosplaying as is Pierrot? He only smiled for those that clapped for him, and it looks like Gaga isn't about to take that face paint off any time soon if those iTunes positions and mixed receptions are any indication of the future of her dwindling career.

AND THIS

He's studying how much Applause sells first, because, what is the point of having a manly, crude looking popstar be on your show full of drag queens modeling themselves in the visage of a beautiful woman?

sFQLVPi.png

I love you Ties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom