• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Katy Perry is a winner, not a loser. She belongs. She is never out of step with anything. She is Über-normal. She is never neurotic and never second-guesses herself. She takes everything at face value. Katy Perry would never disavow fame like Lorde or embrace fame like Swift or ask "Miley, what's good?" like Nicki Minaj. Katy Perry is Mariah Carey without the amazing voice or the bubbly script written in a glitter pen. Katy Perry is Britney Spears without the dance moves and the natural bubbly appeal and the nervous breakdown. Katy Perry is Kate Bush without the everything.

pRKveL7.png

Floridian

Speaking of scalpings

At its worst, “Kingdom Come” is a sonic copycat of Katy Perry’s 2013 “Dark Horse” and Azalea’s own “Black Widow” from 2014, tracing the pre-chorus of Sia’s “Chandelier” with very see-through graph paper. The real travesty comes when Iggy’s verse kicks in — “Gather around, now I’m back from my holiday / ‘Long live the Queen’ what the people say” — with introductory bars that are both misguided and, if maybe meant to be satirical or winking, arrive with a thud.

Beyond the paltry lyrics, Azalea’s cadence and flow are so completely muddled here that it’s easy to make the argument that the verse was recorded so quickly and haphazardly that nobody thought, “Hey, this could use a Take Two.” She stumbles on her words, stringing syllables together in a marvelous flameout of mush-mouth, measure after measure. Sure, it’s hard to call this the worst verse of the year — SPIN simply hasn’t heard every single rap verse recorded and/or released in 2015 — but of those we’ve come across, and those we’ve listened to with open ears, Iggy Azalea’s rap on “Kingdom Come” is just the absolute worst.

Looks like Iggs just can't win with anything.

giphy.gif

I'm at a party and my friends are doing things I {DONT} want t o do tbqh so I am taking some chill out time on the living room. So I am catching up on popgaf

I just read that Katheryn Hudson article.

In other words, to Katy Perry, inspiration and "predicting" the next trend (not really predicting but observing the next trend and then acting like you predicted it) are exactly the same thing. In Katy Perry's own words, she's not creating stuff that moves her or wells up from within her. She's doing simple math. This is why her sound is the audio version of something you'd buy on a sale rack at Target. Target sale racks serve their function, but they're not about to move you to tears or piss you off or change the world.

tumblr_nvwv0l86ds1r72dfyo3_250.gif

(Shocked no one's shopped Katy's face on the girl tbh)

DOWN

Banned
Is there a gif for when someone has struck you with humor so hard you can hardly breathe? Often where the person providing the humor is oblivious or pathetic? Besides that Eartha Kitt laugh gif
All these flop candidates.

omalleys_march.jpg
omalleys_march.jpg
omalleys_march.jpg

Why even bother when we already have Martin O'Manly?

GpoRl8E.gif
Looks like he would be like the wife's yoga instructor in some movie about a frustrated wealthy man who is up to antics at work and comes home to a wife getting her glutes stretched by this hunk

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Selena's Body Heat must be an J Lo reject, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom