• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
uSyW6Ho.png

kasdnfkjasdf the thirst

Mau ®;182776670 said:
ADELE's "Hello" broke the radio record from Gaga's "Born This Way".

Damn. No one is safe.

How do we feel about the song though, sistren? It's not ending my life as hard as I hoped it would but it's a very pretty song and it works as a comeback single. Though honestly anything she released will have been a hit.

It's a testament both to her power and to the advantages of not having any competitors release the same time as you. Truly blessed.

botty

Banned
It's a testament both to her power and to the advantages of not having any competitors release the same time as you. Truly blessed.

This doesn't make sense considering no one is "competition" for Adele. We could argue that Taylor comes close but even her "records" are being blown away by this storm.

Damn. No one is safe.

How do we feel about the song though, sistren? It's not ending my life as hard as I hoped it would but it's a very pretty song and it works as a comeback single. Though honestly anything she released will have been a hit.

it just feels like it's a "radio" song. It's not something I'd stream on Spotify or buy but if it came on the radio I wouldn't change the station.

This doesn't make sense considering no one is "competition" for Adele. We could argue that Taylor comes close but even her "records" are being blown away by this storm.

Beyoncé, Taylor, Sam Smirh, Michael Buble... All would have stolen some shine if they released at the same time

botty

Banned
Beyoncé, Taylor, Sam Smirh, Michael Buble... All would have stolen some shine if they released at the same time

Aside from Taylor, no one you mentioned has shown to have any kind of power remotely close to what "Hello"/Adele is doing.

1989 has outsold BEYONCE in less than a year. BEYONCE had only one hit single that is already forgotten and only went 3x Platinum. Early predictions have "Hello" selling 1/3rd of Drunk in Love first week. Sam Smith has... Latch, a song he is featured on that didn't even reach top 5. Michael Buble's last album managed to some how go #1 and yet avoid getting any US certifications. A Selena Gomez tea.

I guess... each of the other 3 artists could manage a #1 Album a week or two (if they're lucky) months after 25 is released.

Floridian

25 is already a top contender for best-selling album of 2016. I wonder how much it can sell with the little time left in November & the rest of December.

i c

let me give it a listen to see which tracks i potentially use

edit: i forgot how good caught in the middle was

edit 2: i c i still use need ur luv

edit 3: I remember now... It's Caught in the Middle, Need Ur Luv, and Body of My Own. Title track on special occasions only. I'm more perched for Charlotte's next alber if everything on it is like Vroom Vroom.

rhandino

Banned
Speaking of Sucker, While I really liked it I think that Break the Rules is such a missed opportunity because she get you pumped and pumped and pumped and then.... Lalalalalalalalala.

idk, I love the song but the pay-off is disappointing for such a rebel while in high-school anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom