• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Plus even ATRL knows the tea.
2c85534124.png

Although in this case they were right, I wouldn't take their polls seriously. This is the same site that thinks Carly's new album is better than thriller.

Also; i'm still into the new coldplay song. I wouldn't mind hearing that on the radio over "Hello".

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Although in this case they were right, I wouldn't take their polls seriously. This is the same site that thinks Carly's new album is better than thriller.

Also; i'm still into the new coldplay song. I wouldn't mind hearing that on the radio over "Hello".

I'm messing with the ATRL part considering they consider Lotus a great album and also there are Britney Jean stans there.

And yes give me the new Coldplay song over Hello.

Mau ®

I mean GODplay's single is a bop and a smash but it's too Maroon 5-ish. Like Martin even emulates Levine's vocal delivery in some lines. It's disgusting.

The Flop

Banned
2NE1 had their music used on Microsoft commercials. Krystal from f(x) has a contract with GAP plus f(x) 4 Walls is getting a lot of acclaim by English media lately calling it the best way to get people into K-Pop and male group EXO is collaborating with Star Wars. (Let us forget CL tried it with Dr. Pepper)

The most I've heard about 5H is people talking about how dumb the song about Michelle Obama carrying Oprah dollars is and how a few of the girls stay in the background doing nothing on the songs except (maybe) chorus. Don't try talking about manufactured crap cause 5H we saw them get manufactured live hunty.

5H was manufactured, but they have done well. They work hard, they are improving daily. All of K-Pop is manufactured, don't they just rotate in girls?

I mean if I could understand Korean I would probably BOP to it. But I don't.

But I see I have impacT on this community, and y'all seem pressed by FH2. Why can't we just all be happy to see new artists emerging and having success, especially when they don't have a dick.

Vazra

5H was manufactured, but they have done well. They work hard, they are improving daily. All of K-Pop is manufactured, don't they just rotate in girls?

I mean if I could understand Korean I would probably BOP to it. But I don't.

But I see I have impacT on this community, and y'all seem pressed by FH2. Why can't we just all be happy to see new artists emerging and having success, especially when they don't have a dick.

Limiting to something just because of the language barrier overall leaves you listening to most of the same things overall. There are all kinds of slayage in music in French, Japanese, Korean, etc. If you want to know what they are singing about is not that hard to look up translations online since usually many sites feature translations of the songs and you learn a bit of the language because the songs grow on you. I dont know Korean but I look up what they mean with their stuff and do the same with other languages.

As for impact is mostly messing with you since you promote them as much as I did Natalia Kills in the past and its funny to see your reactions.

The Flop

Banned
Limiting to something just because of the language barrier overall leaves you listening to most of the same things overall. There are all kinds of slayage in music in French, Japanese, Korean, etc. If you want to know what they are singing about is not that hard to look up translations online since usually many sites feature translations of the songs and you learn a bit of the language because the songs grow on you. I dont know Korean but I look up what they mean with their stuff and do the same with other languages.

As for impact is mostly messing with you since you promote them as much as I did Natalia Kills in the past and its funny to see your reactions.

I'm not pressed, like you said it's fun to promote your favs... I think we have the same sense of humor about it.

I know I can look up translations, but I like to sing along.

Mau ®

Ellie's Delirium is cute but honestly listening to "Art Angels" makes me feel like anybody who released a pop album this year didn't even try. Whew.

Floridian

Mau ®;184441178 said:
I mean GODplay's single is a bop and a smash but it's too Maroon 5-ish. Like Martin even emulates Levine's vocal delivery in some lines. It's disgusting.

I think their new album is going to be another Mylo Xyloto, hint the Bey collab. It's something that I won't mind though.

Where the hell does this 5H vs f(x) come from anyway? despite them being both girl groups it's apples to oranges.

I think 5H has potential but their team needs to stop licking Camila's ass and let the other girls shine. I wont be able to get into them fully until then.

And to be honest while Victoria gets lines in 4 Walls she got the short end of the stick.
It's the Krystal, Amber and Luna show in a lot of the songs.

Vazra

Where the hell does this 5H vs f(x) come from anyway? despite them being both girl groups it's apples to oranges.

I think 5H has potential but their team needs to stop licking Camila's ass and let the other girls shine. I wont be able to get into them fully until then.

And to be honest while Victoria gets lines in 4 Walls she got the short end of the stick.
It's the Krystal, Amber and Luna show in a lot of the songs.

Last year someone was saying 5H was the closest thing to f(x) on the west or something like that. (No idea how since 5H sound is completely different but it was funny to see the mess so people rolled with it) Also since there is not really a lot of girl groups right now on the West I guess its easier to pit them like that?

TBH the match ups would actually be interesting if we had the girl groups from the 90s and early 2000s since there was variety and things for different genres like K-Pop is doing there right now. I miss the girl groups from those times cause they would work their asses of like TLC, Destiny's Child, Spice Girls and Girls Aloud did to get their performances and looks on point. K-Pop right now is on the golden age of girl groups but just like the west the same can happen there with time.

Last year someone was saying 5H was the closest thing to f(x) on the west or something like that. (No idea how since 5H sound is completely different but it was funny to see the mess so people rolled with it) Also since there is not really a lot of girl groups right now on the West I guess its easier to pit them like that?

TBH the match ups would actually be interesting if we had the girl groups from the 90s and early 2000s since there was variety and things for different genres like K-Pop is doing there right now. I miss the girl groups from those times cause they would work their asses of like TLC, Destiny's Child, Spice Girls and Girls Aloud did to get their performances and looks on point. K-Pop right now is on the golden age of girl groups but just like the west the same can happen there with time.

Ahhh I see and yeah no, 5H is nothing like f(x) they don't really experiment with their music. But that's not really a bad thing either.

Agree about the girl groups of old but honestly in kpop, groups is still a big thing vs the west where that kind of died out years ago.

Floridian

OMG that Warcraft trailer is SHIT. It'll flop like Mimi's greatest hits album.

Off-Topic but; The orcs looked great. As for the human cgi.... scust.

As for someone who only played WoW for 2 years I don't remember much of the lore either. I'm a bit unsure i'll even bother to see it.

Dany

Banned
You know. I wish a. banks wasn't such a fucking awful human being so I could listen to her music without feeling gross.

Hm? Mimi's greatest hits album #1's sold almost 5 million copies in USA alone going 5X platinum. I'm guessing you meant her latest greatest hits album though.
And yet his faves would be lucky to have even a single #1s album, let alone Mariah's esteemed hit collection of hit collections (Greatest Hits, The Essential MC, #1s, ∞, etc etc)

the flops, they are thirsty

Partition

Banned
All critic reviews have been extremely positive so far, Grimes is gonna end up w 80+ on metacritic.

That one Gaga stan in here that compared it to ARTPOP 😂😂😂😂😂 u wish

The Flop

Banned
Focus is winning for me right now.

as far as lead single goes from the Disney crew.

Focus> Cool for the summer > Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom