• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker

Can anyone answer my question please.
u5FktjF.gif

No, I don't think that's normal. Maybe bottom wasn't really in the mood? IDK

it means the song will get some radio play for a few weeks then go up for sale so it will garner bigger first week sales and a higher chart debut
just about everyone does it, surprised it's not caught on in the US where radio actually counts so they could slowly climb the charts then have a big jump from preorders

that's how they treat singles tho, and she explicitly said this isn't a single and just a promo track. there isn't a separate preorder for just this song by itself, it's just part of 1989

but who knows with her label tbh, maybe they'll be sending it to radio over here, idk. they'll probably make it available for purchase a day or two before the album release then. I guess they don't think Shake It Off from August alone will be able to carry it.

anyway, now i've finally decided to listen to it, out of the woods is an impressionist masterpiece

Mau ®

Local, they say...

Out Of The Woods

#1 United States
#1 Argentina
#1 Armenia
#1 Australia
#1 Austria
#1 Bolivia
#1 Brazil
#1 Brunei Darussalam
#1 Bulgaria
#1 Cambodia
#1 Canada
#1 Chile
#1 Colombia
#1 Costa Rica
#1 Cyprus
#1 Czech Republic
#1 Denmark
#1 Ecuador
#1 Egypt
#1 El Salvador
#1 Estonia
#1 Finland
#1 Greece
#1 Guatemala
#1 Honduras
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Hungary
#1 India
#1 Indonesia
#1 Ireland
#1 Israel
#1 Jordan
#1 Kazakhstan
#1 Laos
#1 Latvia
#1 Lebanon
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Macau
#1 Malaysia
#1 Mexico
#1 Mozambique
#1 Namibia
#1 New Zealand
#1 Nicaragua
#1 Norway
#1 Panama
#1 Papua New Guinea
#1 Paraguay
#1 Peru
#1 Philippines
#1 Poland
#1 Portugal
#1 Saudi Arabia
#1 Singapore
#1 Slovakia
#1 Slovenia
#1 South Africa
#1 Spain
#1 Sri Lanka
#1 Sweden
#1 Taiwan
#1 Thailand
#1 The Bahamas
#1 Trinidad and Tobago
#1 Turkey
#1 United Arab Emirates
#1 Venezuela
#1 Vietnam
#2 Belgium
#2 Cambodia
#2 Canada
#2 Dominican Republic
#2 Italy
#2 Japan
#2 Lebanon
#2 Malta
#2 Netherlands
#2 Nigeria
#2 Switzerland
#3 Brunei Darussalam
#3 Cayman Islands
#3 France
#3 Germany
#4 Belarus
#4 Hungary
#4 Kyrgyzstan
#5 Honduras
#5 Russia
#7 Azerbaijan
#7 Malaysia
#7 Romania
#7 Sweden
#12 Philippines
#14 Singapore
#16 Brazil
#16 Czech Republic
#17 New Zealand
#18 Argentina
#20 Mexico
#26 Ireland
#28 Botswana

royalan

Two of my faves made the list.

Queen Rih

Lady O

fef19ec0_ir11aTpJYy8gp.gif

EDIT:

No, I don't think that's normal. Maybe bottom wasn't really in the mood? IDK

Eh, it's really not that uncommon.

Sometimes, if the bottom isn't 100% in the moment (physically exhausted, maybe you're not really feeling it but you know your man's really in the mood and so you take one to keep the team strong, or you really don't like the dude but you HATE their significant other so you're just fucking them so you can post a vine about it later, or you know you're gonna be late on the rent this month so you give the landlord a piece of bussy as collateral. There are plenty of reasons...) they can lose their hard-on.

From my experience the sex still feels good. Just not AS good, and it pretty much negates the possibility of achieving orgasm. But hey, for a lot of people the sex still feels good enough that it's worth it to continue.

BRITNEY SPEARS and JESSIE WARE fought for your votes. Who gets to move on to the coveted FINAL FOUR spot? Here are your results:

i9IXy12WAKUIy.png

Congratulations to Britney Spears! She edges out Jessie Ware (albeit BARELY) and claims the third of the four semifinal slots! Jessie Ware gets shipped off to Flop Land, where she'll face off against another queen for a chance at redemption. Ware fans, keep tuning in to see your fave emerge for another fight very soon!

Britney Spears joins Lady Gaga and Bjork in the ROUND 03 Battle Royale!

iTVKXCsr0fg1G.png

Who will be the fourth?? You're about to make that choice in just a few minutes! See below:

3phemeral

So Mariah lost against Bjork. Of course Mariah would be up again when I spend a weekend in the U.P. and Mackinac Island. I'm not upset, though. :p

LADY GAGA: THE POP CULTURE PROVOCATEUR.

BJORK: THE AVANT GARDE VISIONARY.

BRITNEY SPEARS: THE PRINCESS OF POP.

Who will join their ranks in the final four?? VOTE NOW AND SEAL HER FATE:

inQrQEaO0E0iD.png

Madonna's one of the greatest icons of all time, music or otherwise. Voting for her validates 20-plus years of gargantuan musical presence. But one can argue that Madonna's output became redundant in the last decade, which can reasonably factor into her overall career performance. Kelly Clarkson is newer to the scene, and hasn't quite come close to capturing the zeitgeist like Madonna has, but her discography has been a consistent series of hits and bops, and this consistency is a reminder of both her talent and her durability in the business. And while Madonna has based her imagery on perfectly calculated tactics, Kelly has focused completely on her music and powerhouse vocals. This comes down to personal preference, and even though Kelly is the obvious underdog here, there's no telling who can pull this one out.

Kelly or Madge? Let me know now by CLICKING HERE!

Phreaker

Madonna was everything to me at this time. All my best friends came over and we watched this then Mommie Dearest. haha At this time Vogue had just come out, Like A Prayer (album) was released a year earlier, Dick Tracy had wrapped but not been released. There were rumors that Madonna and Sandra Bernhard had dated.. Rumor was Paula dumped Arsino for John Stamos, and that he and Eddie Murphy were fooling around. All of this is brought up during her interview. we died many times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOwHJZtLgZ8

Of course we all went to see the Blond Ambition Tour at the Sport Arena. Geez, for so many of the best times of my life she was the soundtrack. The first song I heard at the first gay bar I went to was Like A Prayer. The video had just been released, to much controversy, and they were playing it on huge screens on the dance floor (Studio One in West Hollywood). We all went to the midnight viewing of Dick Tracey too. She has brought much joy to my life, probably more than any other solo artist. She best not lose even though I love Kelly too.

Vazduh

Ignoring the vile Gaga CALUMNY, what does he mean by WAS?

The bitch's only good song is the one he did with Disclosure. Literally everything else he's done is a slime covered piece of trash.

There were a couple of supposedly bad videos he did when he was underage, one of them being "Bad Day All Week" (released in 2008), which is now impossible to find because his team obviously deleted all trace of it. There are only a couple of articles about it, but all of them link to the same (removed) video.

I did find the Maxi single online of that one, though. Oh, boy.

lmao

There's also an article I can't link to (since it's DailyMail, although it's quite easy to find) about his mom being fired from her job because she spent more time managing her son's career than doing actual work.

As one of the City’s highest fliers, trader Kate Cassidy earned more than £500,000 a year.
She was also a devoted mother to her three children.
A little too devoted, according to her employers.
She has been sacked amid accusations that she spent too much company time helping her schoolboy son Sam achieve his dream of being a pop star.
Miss Cassidy, 44, was dismissed without notice for ‘gross misconduct’. It was only later she claimed, she was told that her bosses were unhappy that she had been promoting her son’s budding career.

Sixteen-year-old Sam Smith, a sixth former in Cambridge, can speak for himself, however.
His website boasts that he is a 6ft 2in ‘new name to watch’ who ‘has been performing since he was six years old, everything from school shows and theatre performances to concerts’.
At seven, Sam performed the John Miles song Music at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane in London. He has released two singles – When It’s Alright, and Bad Day All Week, which made an appearance in the club music charts. He is currently working on an album.
Sam is also apparently a keen tennis player, swimmer, gymnast and dancer. He says his musical influences are Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Beyonce, and Jennifer Lopez.

There were a couple of supposedly bad videos he did when he was underage, one of them being "Bad Day All Week" (released in 2008), which is now impossible to find because his team obviously deleted all trace of it. There are only a couple of articles about it, but all of them link to the same (removed) video.

I did find the Maxi single online of that one, though. Oh, boy.

lmao

There's also an article I can't link to (since it's DailyMail, although it's quite easy to find) about his mom being fired from her job because she spent more time managing her son's career than doing actual work.

:AIR: @ all of this.

Bad Day All Week redefines vile.

MALES BOP! BUY NOW!

Luke James: Luke James
Mix of R&B styles with STRONG vocals. BOP

luke-james-deluxe.jpg

SoMo: SoMo
Sexy, Make-Love, Passion, head-boppin’ R&B. BOP

SoMo_-_SoMo.jpg

Mali Music: Mali Is...
Raspy, Vibe-out, Feel-Good, Unique R&B with the perfect dash of Hip-Hop. BOP

malimusicmaliIS.jpg

I've been sent to POP-GAF to represent the men. @teamteamjones

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
All pictures and no links, gotta hook us up with the best stuff!
And no repping Nick Jonas, for shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom