• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

I'm worried for 1989.

I tried so hard to like "Out of the Woods" but it's just ok. A very reductive M83. "Shake it Off" is a cute bop but it's not exactly the kind of song I want from The Lord.

I was listening to RED the other day. "Treacherous" remains such an OPUS. She'll never do something like that again and I'm sad and pressed.

Trigger

Out of the Woods feels like the definition of album filler. It doesn't really offend me in any way, but I can't see myself going out of my way to hear it. I still have faith that The Lord's album will have stronger tracks.

Does she say "the monsters turned out to be just trees"?

What does that mean? Did they crash into a tree?

EDIT:

Just a paltry 12 votes in so far for the Madge/Kelly round. Does nobody care for the queen? Where are the Kellegend stans? Madonna is only ahead by 2 but I need more PMs sistren!

HOW TO PM YOUR VOTE:

1) <--- Click on my face
2) Click "Send private message to Soulscribe"
3) Write in either "Kelly" or "Madonna" in the subject line, along with a flirtatious haiku in the body
4)
Consider attaching a nude, though please note that this is not a requirement, suggestion, or implication
5) Click "send," then drive over to your local Chipotle for a congratulatory burrito

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

EDIT:

Just a paltry 12 votes in so far for the Madge/Kelly round. Does nobody care for the queen? Where are the Kellegend stans? Madonna is only ahead by 2 but I need more PMs sistren!

HOW TO PM YOUR VOTE:

1) <--- Click on my face
2) Click "Send private message to Soulscribe"
3) Write in either "Kelly" or "Madonna" in the subject line, along with a flirtatious haiku in the body
4)
Consider attaching a nude, though please note that this is not a requirement, suggestion, or implication
5) Click "send," then drive over to your local Chipotle for a congratulatory burrito

To the 4th one.
Send me yours and i'll vote Gaga

As for the 5th I have no Chipotle here. >.>

Mau ®

[/b]

When I was in Amterdam and tried shrooms the tress had eyes and they could talk! Maybe The Lord and Harry Styles took something?

The actual story is that they crashed into trees while skiing so they ended up in the hospital.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Voted for Madge, cannot have Kelly beating her it would be a travesty

Goodby Luke
Goodbye Katy
All hail lawd kesha

In seriousness if he is as bad as people are saying he deserves everything he gets coming to him and more. Possibly driving people to suicide and eating disorders is not ok and absolutely must be rooted out and stopped.

overcast

All On You (deluxe song) off Tough Love.
ibvQbjF4wvNtjv.gif

Froot
ibvQbjF4wvNtjv.gif

Majmun

"Dr Luke"

He seems to be the worst. The opposite of a doctor. I have feeling his career will be ruined soon. Becky G's impact.

Does this mean Perra's (already fading) career will sink as well?

"Dr Luke"

He seems to be the worst. The opposite of a doctor. I have feeling his career will be ruined soon. Becky G's impact.

Does this mean Perra's (already fading) career will sink as well?

Katy will get a new producer and most likely release better music as a result, let's be real

Mau ®

No wonder why Katy hit the studio this week with Dr. Luke. Bitch is probably recording on 3 albums worth of material in case he goes to prision.

B-Dex

I forgot how much the radio in Sleeping Dogs slays.

Also Bless whoever modeled Wei Shen cause that mans ass in the Bruce Lee jumpsuit is amazing.

Seethe Roy.

Out if the woods needs to go straight into the fire tbh. Boring trash.

The Flop

Banned
Any idea of the Mary Lambert is worth listening too? I'm not minding "Secrets", but just curious.

Also I halfway enjoy "Out of the Woods", but she seriously needs to stop digging through her old Livejournal posts for song lyrics.

OMG!!!!!!

Jesus Ware album is AMAZING!!!

Cruel, Kind Of... Sometimes... Maybe...,Tough Love, You & I, Champagne Kisses, Desire, Say you Love Me, Sweet Song, the whole damn album

iBpwzFIcPkjbz.gif

We've hit a tie breaker scenario here, as both Madge and Kelly are even in votes. For the first time, I'm opening this to a PUBLIC VOTE!

You may vote for either lady here in this thread, or by PM. Only the first ten votes that get posted here or PM'd will be counted, unless we hit another tie, to which I'll extend it to 15, and so on.

Only those that haven't voted this round can participate in the tie breaker. If we don't receive at least 10 votes within 40 minutes of this post, then I'll close it and go with the front runner. Choose wisely friends!

ihprxt4nxkNsk.png

What say you, sistren?

MADONNA SHOULD NOT LOSE THIS.

Based on the first ten votes I received via PM and in this thread, we can finally declare a winner! The final entrant in the semifinals is.....

ibuKuOTDGLUksl.png

Madonna edges out Kelly with only a sliver of votes! Kelly's still in the game, and will face off against 7 other divas in the losers bracket very soon!

Congratulations to Madonna for sealing the fourth spot in the FINAL FOUR!

iiPRJgu1ZzBHi.png

And here's where we stand at the end of ROUND 2:

ihL2wGVMfGbbb.png

We're gonna put the Winners Bracket on hold for a bit and start weeding out four of these eight flops first.

LOSERS BRACKET, ROUND 2. COMMENCE!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
fucking jesus h christ applause is a bop to end all bops
and if you had the audacity to vote kelly over madonna you are fucking wrong in the head good lord
kelly has dont nothing of worth in her lifetime, her songs shall be forgotten as will her name be
madonna is a fucking queen that transcends generations and musical changes
kelly hasnt even got the right to be mentioned in the same sentence

iPf37JlTqVIjR.png

Two of the three most nominated entrants now have to fight it out. The winner gets to move on to the Losers Bracket semifinals. The loser is gone forever.

This one makes my heart hurt...

izEyOri0TWCm8.png

It's BEYONCE and ROBYN this round! Beyonce has a big presence on this site but she's a pretty polarizing choice. Robyn's reputation is generally positive on here, though she doesn't garner as much attention. Putting these two together could steer this match any which way!

Who stays and who goes? And Godels, please call us if you're okay.

Matt_

bye robyn you goblin faced fuck

and applause is the best damn song released in the last year
fucking perfect
not only that the video is the best damn video this year
these fucking weak ass bitches coming for gaga cant even hold a candle to her flame

On the one hand, the only Bey album I really enjoy completely is SELF-TITLED. Robyn has the stronger discog. But Bey is basically an unparalleled live performer.

I'm going to have to think on this one.

bye robyn you goblin faced fuck

and applause is the best damn song released in the last year
fucking perfect
not only that the video is the best damn video this year
these fucking weak ass bitches coming for gaga cant even hold a candle to her flame

Literally this whole post.

Love yourself.

Mau ®

In terms of bops, Robyn edges out Bey with ease.

But Bey's BEYONCÉ was such an event. And any video from that album shits on an Robyn video.

Mau ®

1989 Tracklist

1. Welcome to New York (Taylor Swift/Ryan Tedder)
2. Blank Spaces (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
3. Style. (Swift/Martin/Shellback/Ali Payami)
4. Out of The Woods (Swift/Antonoff)
5. All You Had To Do Was Stay (Swift/Martin)
6. Shake It Off (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
7. I Wish You Would (Swift/Antonoff)
8. Bad Blood (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
9. How You Get The Girl (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
10. Wildest Dreams (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
11. This Love (Swift)
12. I Know Places (Swift/Tedder)
13. Clean (Swift/Imogen Heap)

DLX

14. Wonderland (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
15. You Are In Love (Swift/Antonoff)
16. New Romantics (Swift/Martin/Shellback)

royalan

Mau ®;134695045 said:
In terms of bops, Robyn edges out Bey with ease.

But Bey's BEYONCÉ was such an event. And any video from that album shits on an Robyn video.

Not a single goddamn video from that wretched assault on humanity and good taste comes close to being better than the Call Your Girlfriend video.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;134695279 said:
1989 Tracklist

If only the lyrics were like this.
So, lick it now, lick it good
Lick this pussy just like you should
Right now, lick it good
Lick this pussy just like you should

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;134695279 said:
1989 Tracklist

1. Welcome to New York (Taylor Swift/Ryan Tedder)
2. Blank Spaces (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
3. Style. (Swift/Martin/Shellback/Ali Payami)
4. Out of The Woods (Swift/Antonoff)
5. All You Had To Do Was Stay (Swift/Martin)
6. Shake It Off (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
7. I Wish You Would (Swift/Antonoff)
8. Bad Blood (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
10. Wildest Dreams (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
11. This Love (Swift)
12. I Know Places (Swift/Tedder)
13. Clean (Swift/Imogen Heap)

DLX

14. Wonderland (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
15. You Are In Love (Swift/Antonoff)
16. New Romantics (Swift/Martin/Shellback)

Why she singin' bout New York when she was raised in Nashville and Tedder in Oklahoma?

iieeLzvEheXUa.gif

Any other queens here watch How To Get Away With Murder?

tonight's episode, ESCÁNDALO!!! That final scene gives Hannibal's finale some competition.

VIOLA DAVIS, please never die ;_____;

With this and Jane the Virgin, who needs cable television anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom