• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Godel and Nem it is your CIVIC DUTY to not let Kylie fall out these rankings
I will not have her be knocked out by trash like Ariana, Rita and Kelly Clarkson.

Hey I did MY part Matt! Kylie's #3 on my list (both for the contest and of all-time)

and agreed @ the bolded
ed2305b7.png

sis bye at this basic taste

and he looks a pale emaciated mess in that pic

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

^Who's in the lead?

Jonna Lee (iamamiwhoami) wears coat by Ralph Lauren Collection for Dazed And Confused Magazine's A/W 2014.

WOW love it! Jonna's not a conventional beauty but I find her so stunning, she has this otherworldly quality about her <3 I've seen numerous users on this site with her as their avatar and didn't really find out who she was until Blue Blue released, now I'm a HUGE fan after going back and listening to iamamiwhoami's other releases.
*I legit thought her name was just "ami" for a short bit lol

That's one of the best Rihanna shoots I've seen in a while. Giving me arctic rave eskimo disco queen parties in the tundra.That needs to be her look for the next album. Something avant-garde and spooky.

cory64

The R8 photoshoot is going to be [i c o n i c], I mean it's not like she's gonna not top these past few ones with her long-awaited indie breakthrough alber

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
i'm quite surprised that sia isn't shortlisted, or is it british artists only

um do people like Sia though? Not the impression I get in here, not even regarding her looks, but her ridiculous stunts like having the back of her head interviewed or wearing a paper bag over her head, I can't take her seriously.

If this list is british AND female solo artists only, I think my list would be blank ;_;

3phemeral

um do people like Sia though? Not the impression I get in here, not even regarding her looks, but her ridiculous stunts like having the back of her head interviewed or wearing a paper bag over her head, I can't take her seriously.

If this list is british AND female solo artists only, I think my list would be blank ;_;

I adore Sia. And during her Howard Stern interview she explained that it's because she can. She knows she only has a popularity of a few years at most because of music trends, so she wants to do it on her terms and see what she can get away with. None of that changes her songwriting or singing in any way.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i meant the popjustice 20 quid music prize

All About That Bass is your new #1
c3ed7b23.gif

Are you related to Meghan coz it's the only reason I can think of for why you stan her

It can't be because she makes music

Nah
No doubt she is stunning and knows how to werk it, but her live game aint shit, her albums are always dire and for me most of her hits have aged like prawns left in the sun.
I will admit she can make me kii like no other pop girl can, but more often than not I find her personality revolting.
I mean I don't hate her like I do some of the other girls and I can see the appeal, but I do often wonder just how she got so big and managed to sustain it for this long. But each to their own I guess

I agree. I think she's beautiful and fun to look at but I can't really think of anything that she's really really good at. I think her team's just kept their ear to the ground consistently and she's been riding radio trends very methodically. Good for her I guess, though I'm sure the music and artistry would be on a much higher plane if someone more talented was riding those trends instead of her. *shrug*

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
another era another sob story from Gaga about how she was depressed during her previous era but Elton, Marina, Inez, Taylor Tony saved her life

http://parade.condenast.com/335908/...1474738&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter/

“Lush Life” is about loss, failure, and heartache. Did the song hit you as hard as it did because you’ve had some problems recently? [Lady Gaga had hip surgery last year and in November *parted ways with her manager.]

LG: It’s heartbreaking. Six months ago I didn’t even want to sing anymore.
TB: Do you know what Duke Ellington said? He said, “Number one, don’t quit. Number two, listen to number one.”
LG: Right! The other day, Tony said, “I’ve *never once in my career not wanted to do this.” It stung. Six months ago I didn’t feel that way. I tell Tony every day that he saved my life.

You felt like giving up? Why?

LG: I’m not going to say any names, but people get irrational when it comes to *money—with how they treat you, with what they expect from you. … But if you help an artist, it doesn’t give you the right, once the artist is big, to take advantage of them. … I was so sad. I couldn’t sleep. I felt dead. And then I spent a lot of time with Tony. He wanted nothing but my friendship and my voice. [She begins to cry.]
TB: [quietly] I understand. [He holds her hand.]
LG: It meant a lot to me, Tony. I don’t have many people I can relate to.

always the victim
cry.gif

You know, people wrote a lot of things about my last album, ARTPOP, which was very controversial. If it didn’t grab the whole world the way The Fame Monster did, that’s okay, because I know it’s good.

ahh.gif

Partition

Banned
You know, people wrote a lot of things about my last album, ARTPOP, which was very controversial. If it didn’t grab the whole world the way The Fame Monster did, that’s okay, because I know it’s good.

u know the little tiny piece of me that had some hope for this woman?

it's gone

Bladenic

Screaming at Rita being ahead of Ariana

Who's voting for Rita seriously

She has one good song (albeit it's amazing but still) meanwhile Ariana has quite a few bops despite being a huge bitch apparentky

Partition

Banned

She has one good song (albeit it's amazing but still) meanwhile Ariana has quite a few bops despite being a huge bitch apparentky

Rita her one bop is better than Amanda her discog

plus botty is the only ~popgaffer~ who used her enough to go in a top 10

Bladenic

I mean I agree

But still funny since it seemed more people have mentioned Ariana than ever mentioned Rita (except the FIRO jokes)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

but does anyone use rita enough to put her in the top ten?
have people just looked at their recently added playlist on itunes and gone from that?

enigmatic_alex44

Taylor Swift & Katy Perry’s Mean Girl feud was/is all about John Mayer

LMAOOOOOO

http://www.celebitchy.com/386571/taylor_swift_katy_perrys_mean_girl_feud_wasis_all_about_john_mayer/

Taylor Swift’s feud with Katy Perry did start over a guy — and sources tell Page Six it was John Mayer. After Swift mentioned a “straight-up enemy” about whom she’s written a new song, “Bad Blood,” in an interview with Rolling Stone, Perry tweeted to call out a mystery mean girl, “Watch out for Regina George in sheep’s clothing.”

Swift said in the interview, “Oh, we’re just straight-up enemies. And it wasn’t even about a guy! It had to do with business. She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me .&#8201;.&#8201;. I don’t think there would be any personal problem if she weren’t competitive.”

Taylor and Mayer had a love affair in 2010 before he dumped her. She released the song “Dear John” with lyrics, “Don’t you think 19’s too young to be played by/Your dark twisted games.”

In 2012, Perry started dating Mayer, who said he was “really humiliated” by Swift’s song. Music sources told Page Six, “Perry started making digs at Taylor from then on.”

While it was reported that several dancers left Swift’s tour for Perry’s last year, Swift appeared to confirm earlier tensions between them, telling Rolling Stone, “For years, I was never sure if we were friends or not. She would come up to me at awards shows and say something and walk away, and I would think, ‘Are we friends, or did she just give me the harshest insult of my life?’&#8201;”

Reps for the two singers, who were seated in different sections at the recent VMAs, didn’t get back to us.

I mean I don't like either of these women, but I can admit they can BOTH do WAY better than John Mayer. What is it about this ugly man that gets all these A-List women all hot'n'bothered :/

05.gif

it's gone

What's wrong with that quote? She has a point.

Excellent.

ictvzpDxUIPXx.gif

Are you sure you the numbers have been tallied correctly Soul? Because MIAMTEC slays everything in Ellie's library of trash songs.

ibmUbs1CUJkKrN.gif

Better start recruiting more Moomoo stans sis. To be fair though I hear more Ellie and Mariah talk in here, as far as music's concerned anyway. lol

Excited to share the results. I think I'll post a list of big acts that got snubbed, coz there are a few that took me by surprise. Someone I thought would easily be in the top 5 is nowhere to be found. RIP

WOW love it! Jonna's not a conventional beauty but I find her so stunning, she has this otherworldly quality about her <3 I've seen numerous users on this site with her as their avatar and didn't really find out who she was until Blue Blue released, now I'm a HUGE fan after going back and listening to iamamiwhoami's other releases.
*I legit thought her name was just "ami" for a short bit lol

Yeah. She has a unique beauty about her.
I like the look she had when she was a solo artist.

l0Zvf6r.jpg

enigmatic_alex44

I adore Sia. And during her Howard Stern interview she explained that it's because she can. She knows she only has a popularity of a few years at most because of music trends, so she wants to do it on her terms and see what she can get away with. None of that changes her songwriting or singing in any way.

Hmm @ the bolded, I can respect her realistic approach, wish more pop stars were aware of their shelf life, they can't all be Madonna

it's gone

um I remember someone mentioning you run a Gaga fan site though? Or have you shut that thing down
ir6J4Vbmbfwiq.gif

What's wrong with that quote? She has a point.

she could always have acknowledged that some of her critics had a point and been more receptive to criticism of the project, rather than this whole bullish and defensive 'well everyone else is wrong, it's marvellous, three cheers for Stefani'

britney-scooter.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Yeah. She has a unique beauty about her.
I like the look she had when she was a solo artist.

l0Zvf6r.jpg

Wow! You know what, take back my comment about "conventional" beauty, I think she's straight up gorgeous, like an ethereal bird <3 Let me officially stan
iw5MF3EPy1QKa.gif

Love the new avatar btw ;)

Better start recruiting more Moomoo stans sis. To be fair though I hear more Ellie and Mariah talk in here, as far as music's concerned anyway. lol

Excited to share the results. I think I'll post a list of big acts that got snubbed, coz there are a few that took me by surprise. Someone I thought would easily be in the top 5 is nowhere to be found. RIP

Soulscribe let me help my homie Touchdown out, can you swap out my #10 (Mia Martina, nobody but me apparently knows who the hell she is anyways lmao) and put Mariah Carey in her place please :) I had wanted to include her anyways, limiting to a top 10 was tough!

she could always have acknowledged that some of her critics had a point and been more receptive to criticism of the project, rather than this whole bullish and defensive 'well everyone else is wrong, it's marvellous, three cheers for Stefani'

britney-scooter.gif

If she made and released the music it's because she thought it was good. Public reception shouldn't warp how you gauge quality. I know it comes off as vapid if you approach your OWN work that way but still. I appreciate a pop star who stands by their shit even if it fails, too many people try to hustle and undo a failure to try for a number one again, as if all that time spent making the album was somehow in vain. Plus, it seems she understands the fact that it wasn't received well and why it wasn't received well. It's not like she's saying "I don't know why it didn't do well, I'm obviously the best and this album is amazing and people just don't get it." She's just saying "whatever, I liked it." I give her props for the honesty.

Wow! You know what, take back my comment about "conventional" beauty, I think she's straight up gorgeous, like an ethereal bird <3 Let me officially stan
iw5MF3EPy1QKa.gif

Love the new avatar btw ;)

Soulscribe let me help my homie Touchdown out, can you swap out my #10 (Mia Martina, nobody but me apparently knows who the hell she is anyways lmao) and put Mariah Carey in her place please :) I had wanted to include her anyways, limiting to a top 10 was tough!

Donesies :)

Vazduh

She has one good song (albeit it's amazing but still)

Two! Radioactive is also damn good, but that's pretty much it.

But seriously, what's with the sudden Shita stanning?

apparently britney's next album is going to be 'artsy fartsy' and she clearly has no clue what she's talking about so it's going to be crap. And she wants to work with La Perra and/or Piggy too.

iVtTRWP.gif

Britney and artsy fartsy? Oh God. Since it's Britney, I'm expecting something

tumblr_mxi0a3ks921qee6wmo8_r1_250.gif

Well, either that or something

tumblr_mxi0a3kS921qee6wmo5_r1_250.gif

We'll be lucky if we even get a reggaeton tune, tbh. It's going to be generic, despite everything she and her team say.

Vazduh

LMAOOOOOO

http://www.celebitchy.com/386571/taylor_swift_katy_perrys_mean_girl_feud_wasis_all_about_john_mayer/

I mean I don't like either of these women, but I can admit they can BOTH do WAY better than John Mayer. What is it about this ugly man that gets all these A-List women all hot'n'bothered :/

05.gif

He also (supposedly) deep-dicked Xtina's soundalike Jessie James, who dedicated a song to him afterwards.

It's called Dear John, just like Taydonna's song.

Guess he's got a foot-long cock, there's no other explanation.

tumblr_meh8fmGUge1r98hjro1_r1_500.gif

Mau ®

Listening to Lykke's amazing guest spot during U2's "The Troubles" made me go back to "I Never Learn".

It's one of the year's best alberms, isn't it? Just too good *.*

Alrus

Two! Radioactive is also damn good, but that's pretty much it.

I like this song but she couldn't sound more like Rihanna in it. It's almost eerie. At least IWNLYD doesn't sound like a rihjected project.

I kinda like Rita Ora, if only she had some sort of competent stylist I think she'd catch a bit less derision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom