• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Broke With Expensive Taste available on US Spotify
imLAWYZE2Xwjr.gif

Eh, whatever... it's that producer line up that has me really excited. Especially TOKiMONSTA and Harry Fraud.

And I really, really like the Preditah remix so I'm expecting great things.

Yes, this I'm ready for. I love Jessie Ware remixes. They have the same quality as when Lana Del Rey songs are remixed, nothing but high quality. I'm prepared.

-----

Fuck BWET IS AMAZING. JFK SO FAR PUNCHES!!!

.. Ugh Wallace though

d285944ffe03334f36ba9b014852291c.500x700x13.gif

Vazra

Llevate el dinero, y ese bandolero…
Nada me hace falta, y yo a el no lo quiero.
Todo mi vida cambiado, estoy mejor cada dia..
Lamento informarte, no funciono la Brujeria !

Mira como baila, la nena, morena…
Mira como baila, sin llanto, ni pena (2x)

Libre independiente, me dice la gente
Rebelde y Caprichosa, pero eso es otra cosa…
Yo mucho pa ti, tu muy poco pa mi
Ahora mas que nunca, me siento feliz.
Actitud positiva, la regla de mi vida…
Si no me conviene, hacia mi no viene…
En control me quede estoy a cargo de todo,
Mi vida, mi suerte como dicen ache!

iGSeamqDOqeh2.gif

wait, Medúlla is Björk's highest rated alber?

as much as i like that alber, her recommended listening should be

Bjork_-_Homogenic_album_cover.jpg

I had to listen to all her alberms during the tourney downtime and Medulla left the biggest impression to me, I think it's the most rambunctious of the bunch, and wouldn't you say it's the most accessible album sonically? That's why I had it as recommended listening. Seems like a good gateway to Bjork's sound, but I considered Post and Homogenic too.

Vespertine did nothing for me :/

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't think I'd say it's the best gateway to Björk's sound because it doesn't sound like any of her other albums. For a start it's virtually all a cappella, from an artist who made her name pushing electronica into more melodic pop styles. Moreover, her albums are very sonically diverse.

Homogenic is easily her magnum opus, though, delivering on a promise she made with Debut and Post; and once she'd made Homogenic she couldn't just keep rehashing it, so she spread into sounds like Vespertine and Medúlla. So Homogenic is the lynchpin of her catalogue in addition to being one of the most significant, influential, and best albums of the 90s.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
But the real question is who you are all voting for in the tourney

Vitanimus

idek i think they get better with time

my first reaction to both of them was basically 'okay...what now then'

oh no I totally agree, but nothing will compare to hearing Joga for the first time and being completely blown away. Bjork was probably the first artist where I was like "there exists music outside of the charts"... I miss being 16

But yes, vote Bjork.

I'm still recovering the morning after but honestly WHO THOUGHT ATMJAM would be a good fucking single
Ignoring the fact it's trash, its not even radio friendly trash, every song on the album is miles better like what were the execs thinking

tumblr_nenkk1MMSt1qdwzoro1_500.gif

This gif is everything.

The only way I'll watch Frozen at this point is if Let It Go is replaced with Ice Princess.

Vazduh

I've listened to all of the available songs earlier today. My faves are still Jealous and Numb, but I also liked Push. Teacher is also catchy, but unremarkable. The rest... hm, I'd have to give it a few listens more. Overall it's safe to say it's going to be a solid album, but it probably won't be in heavy rotation in my mp3 player, save for Jealous (especially the Tinashe remix).

Vazra

tumblr_neoc9tBPXb1roalv2o1_500.gif

BWET ain't all that y'all are making it out to be. We'll see how things change when you get over the fact that she's actually released something. C'est tragique que the best song on there is still 212, although there are definitely some moments of brilliance.

There are other artists who are far more deserving of your coin.

Not here for the sea hag on that gif.

Llevate el dinero, y ese bandolero…
Nada me hace falta, y yo a el no lo quiero.
Todo mi vida cambiado, estoy mejor cada dia..
Lamento informarte, no funciono la Brujeria !

Mira como baila, la nena, morena…
Mira como baila, sin llanto, ni pena (2x)

Libre independiente, me dice la gente
Rebelde y Caprichosa, pero eso es otra cosa…
Yo mucho pa ti, tu muy poco pa mi
Ahora mas que nunca, me siento feliz.
Actitud positiva, la regla de mi vida…
Si no me conviene, hacia mi no viene…
En control me quede estoy a cargo de todo,
Mi vida, mi suerte como dicen ache!

When will your faves channel Celia Cruz like that?
iGSeamqDOqeh2.gif

Vazra

#414 Azealia Banks Ice Princess

#843 Azealia Banks Soda

#1081 Azealia Banks 212 (feat. Lazy Jay)

#1286 Azealia Banks Idle Delilah

#1287 Azealia Banks Heavy Metal and Reflective

#1463 Azealia Banks Bbd

Get that recognition Ice Princess!!!!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

BWET ain't all that y'all are making it out to be. We'll see how things change when you get over the fact that she's actually released something. C'est tragique que the best song on there is still 212, although there are definitely some moments of brilliance.

dahling no
especially not suggesting cheryl and blue over it
BWET is legit great and deserves all the praise and coins it gets

Matt_

I took a moment of rest from the AOTY to listen to the new Selena Gomez song and it's really nice
The blatant fan girl bait with the intro to the video though :biblio

One of those albums count, the rest can go in the trash.

This album deserves the coins. Bye with this trash.

I have yet to fully listen to Blue. But The Inevitable End and Broke With Expensive Taste are p much my albergs of the year at this point.

Let me not even acknowledge the Cheryl Cole trash.

3phemeral

UMG_cvrart_00602547058638_01_RGB72_1500x1500_14UMGIM41196.600x600-75.jpg

Still waiting on access to the prologues as for some reason, iTunes Radio won't let me hear them but my preliminary ratings for Royksopp's latest offering is as follows:

Amazing:
Compulsion
Sordid Affair
You Know I Have to Go (Oh. My. God.)
I Had This Thing
Here She Comes Again

Like:
Skulls
Monument
Save Me
Running to the Sea
Coup De Grace
Thank You

Trash:
Rong

Rong seriously sticks out as horribly mismatched and just unnecessarily vulgar...I can't even.

Now, onto BWET.

Matt_

AZEALIA ⚓ BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 14h14 hours ago
HEAVY METAL AND REFLECTIVE - Lyrics - Fridgy Froze Kept
It’s that fresh bitch
I be in that prissy stone... http://tmblr.co/Zc3ZVx1U-Hhkv

Lana Del Rey ‏@LanaDelRey 12m12 minutes ago
@AZEALIABANKS love my one and only girl xxx

Lana also tweeted a youtube link to HM&R
I am 100000% here for a proper collab

Matt_

Not 2013 with gags and christina and that soon forgotten dwuw performance?

So my new favorite albums of 2014 is..

1. BWET
2. Aquarius
3. Sounds of a Women
4. Tough Love
5. Our Love
6. Sunshine
7. Kauai

Once I listen to Royksopp... They will land somewhere on this list.

Vazduh

Does anyone remember A*Teens? They started off as the ABBA cover band, and after their debut they released a couple of albums and then disbanded.

Apparently someone thought it would be a good idea to repeat the experiment, so now we have A*Base who'll be singing Ace of Base songs.

1505518_1492126007719352_4703211432809286580_n.png

tumblr_mc2jut71cU1rwl7hzo1_250.gif

Here's the original song, in all its cheesy, Denniz Pop and Max Martin-produced glory.

entremet

Hey, Pop-GAF. How is Mariah Carey these days live? I'm sure she's past her prime, but is she worth a concert listen? I'm thinking of going to her Christmas Concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom