• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvAPbAinlcY

Where does this leave Pharrell? JT?
Janet's brother?

ibx8a5x31XF58n.gif

Not 2013 with gags and christina and that soon forgotten dwuw performance?

Bey trumps Xtina, and two songs + two videos > a verse recorded 3 continents away + a performance that looked like two condoms having an argument

That said I was still living, but not Telephone living.

Latch

The Telephone video really is amazing
I just love the camp of it all
and the lite lesbian undertones

I still have hope that the sequel will come someday

i7Lll6ARcmCc.gif

Yado

I've never seen it for J Lo's music except for that time she was churning out those remixed bops with Ja Rule

3phemeral

Body-Slammin' Bops:
Gimme A Chance
Desperado
JFK
BBD (let me get dat, let me hit dat. Woo!)
Young Rapunxel (this hits so hard)
Soda
Chasing Time (!!!)
Luxury
Miss Amor​

Solid, Dance-In-One-Spot Tracks:
Idle Delilah
Wallace
Heavy Metal Reflective
Ice Princess (I love the chorus but those verses slow down the momentum I want to continue feeling for the whole song).
Miss Camaraderie​

Trash Trauck:
Esta Noche
Kidding. I wanted an HQ of this so badly.

Um, Undecided:
Nude Beach A Go-Go (this is so left field from everything else, I'm having difficulty processing how I want to interpret this obviously campy track).​

----------

Can I just say that I hate when an artist attaches an outro from one track and blends it into the intro of the following one? Mariah's MIAMTEC did this and it's a crappy practice considering I like rearranging my tracklist.

Listening to this reminds me of when I tried Avicii's latest album, which I found maybe 2 bop-worthy tracks. After a while, my ears got fatigued to the point where it just felt like a chore finishing the album.

It's been a while since I've listening to anything that made me feel like I need to choreograph a routine. Let alone almost a whole album's worth.

hew is surprised though?

JLo's voice is a buzzkill. Imagine if Mariah had kept onto all those bangers JLo stole from ha

I mean, compare the energy level of this nonsense to this orgasmic supernova.

your faves will NEVER

Mariah remains Queen of the completely reimagined remix.

Is there a Mariah remix that's bad? Never.

Wallace is slaying my life. This is by far my favorite song. That chorus has me slow whining uncomfortably. Ugh, this song is so good!

Um, Undecided:
Nude Beach A Go-Go (this is so left field from everything else, I'm having difficulty processing how I want to interpret this obviously campy track).​

It's too cute to not love, imo. It's such a novelty little jam with an odd theme. I saw something on Twitter (so, take w/ a grain of salt) that it's actually sampling an upcoming Ariel Pink song and that he'll be sampling a track of hers on his next release? That'll be interesting.

1l4nsId.jpg

3phemeral

yasSS stan

But don't forget Always Be My Baby (Dupri Mix) and Always By My Baby (Morales Mix), or the original that started it all, Dreamlover (Def House Remix)

Her best by far is this Butterfly remix~
I totally thought I included that Butterfly remix. I had it in my head as I was searching for a songs and slipped up, Forgive me, Queen. Q_Q.

Let me bop to these for the googolth time.

It's too cute to not love, imo. It's such a novelty little jam with an odd theme. I saw something on Twitter (so, take w/ a grain of salt) that it's actually sampling an upcoming Ariel Pink song and that he'll be sampling a track of hers on his next release? That'll be interesting.
It's an interesting track. I didn't dismiss it completely, but it's definitely something that needs to grow on me. I don't know if I'd use it regularly, though. Seems to be one of those have-to-be-in-the-mood songs, whereas the other tracks just inject the need to bop into me.

I totally thought I included that Butterfly remix. I had it in my head as I was searching for a songs and slipped up, Forgive me, Queen. Q_Q.

Let me bop to these for the googloth time.

It's an interesting track. I didn't dismiss it completely, but it's definitely something that needs to grow on me. I don't know if I'd use it regularly, though. Seems to be one of those have-to-be-in-the-mood songs, whereas the other tracks just inject the need to bop into me.

Yeah, it has a definite mood to it. My first reaction was just a laugh, I couldn't believe that she'd done such a thing. I'm definitely sad that No Problems isn't on the album like originally promised (that live mix went off). Makes sense though, a petty diss track really has no place regardless of how good it sounds.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think the song may be a bit too campy and compared to the other tracks its so different that it sticks out like a sore thumb but I love the camp of it.
Yeah, it has a definite mood to it. My first reaction was just a laugh, I couldn't believe that she'd done such a thing. I'm definitely sad that No Problems isn't on the album like originally promised (that live mix went off). Makes sense though, a petty diss track really has no place regardless of how good it sounds.
Venus needed to be on the album.

3phemeral

I think the song may be a bit too campy and compared to the other tracks its so different that it sticks out like a sore thumb but I love the camp of it.
Definitely. The whole album you want shred the dancefloor and then you're suddenly faux snorkeling with plastic crabs and riding a mounted surfboard with a wave backdrop. It's just so relatively odd.

The song that changed the modern pop landscape. :praise:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom