• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

puKYZTf.png

Superior instrumental album of the year tbh.

iLizWZ4tuiwUd.gif

I'm gonna try to get into FKA Leaf while inebriated.

iLizWZ4tuiwUd.gif

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LIGHTS ON

Two Weeks is a jam.

Pendulum changed my life.

I'm gonna try to get into FKA Leaf while inebriated.

iLizWZ4tuiwUd.gif

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LIGHTS ON

Two Weeks is a jam.

Pendulum changed my life.

Not us listening to the album at the same time!

STAN LIGHTS ON. I was sexing myself up to that one.

So far......

Use

Lights On <<<YAAASSSSSSSSS!!!
Two Weeks
Video Girl
Numbers (<<<<¥@@@@@@@@@@@$$$$$$$$$!!!!)
Give Up (<<<<<YASSSS)

Need another listen to feel it better

Hours
Pendulum
Closer
Kicks (<<< This one has amazing production, but it something about the way she sings on the beat that is throwing me off. I need more time with this one)

8.5/10 I actually like it. Now I want to listening to Royksopp album... I can feel the sweat building up under my breast for this album lol.

Alright. So now I'm going to listen to bjork for the first time ever to see if this FKA Twigs comparison makes sense.

I started with Homogenic.

Any other albums after I should check out Bjork fans?

Edit: Joda is amazing so far. Fuck.

Wait not Ariel Pink's version of Nude Beach a Go-Go also destroying me.

link, does it sample azealia's version like some were saying?

Alright. So now I'm going to listen to bjork for the first time ever to see if this FKA Twigs comparison makes sense.

I started with Homogenic.

Any other albums after I should check out Bjork fans?

Edit: Joda is amazing so far. Fuck.

Debut and Post are absolutely essential.

Some might argue with me when I say some parts of Volta are essential. Earth Intruders, Wanderlust, Innocence and Declare Independence (RIP Mark Bell :/)

Majmun

LP1 is still my favorite album of the year. Followed by Aquarius and Goddess.

Azealia's album is good, really good. I knew she would deliver.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
is marius still alive? I feel like the good sis hasnt posted in a while

Did Beyonce Knowles pull a fast one and steal a melody for her song “XO” from a backup singer?

“I believe my copyrighted musical work has been infringed upon,” a 27-year-old artist named Javon contends in a new federal lawsuit.

Javon is asking for millions in damages from Knowles in the handwritten complaint that he filed in New York without a lawyer. The judge granted him “pauper” status — which waives his court fees — because he said he makes just $2,800 a month working for Carnival Cruise Lines.
Oop!

The song in question.
iZdTFaaMA8yGa.gif

Imo, Tay Swift is only thinking of her cheque book instead of her fans. That's it. It's ridiculous but it's whatever. All she's just did was allowed her album to be pirated vs having paying customers listen to her album legally. Over it... I generally wanted to listen to it first to see if it was worth the coins but now I'm not spending shit.

----

Thank You by Royksopp make the last Daft Punk album alone look amateur. This song is God tier. Smooth, sexy, soft, seductive... Ugh, yes!

Touchdown

Banned
Imo, Tay Swift is only thinking of her cheque book instead of her fans. That's it. It's ridiculous but it's whatever. All she's just did was allowed her album to be pirated vs having paying customers listen to her album legally. Over it... I generally wanted to listen to it first to see if it was worth the coins but now I'm not spending shit.

In that article it goes on to say too that she's not even making much more out if it let alone anything at all because it all goes to the record label anyway. I'm sure the record label gave her big incentives though to take it off.

With an artist like Taylor Swift that writes and has a big hand in producing her own music, it's interesting to see the direction she's chosen. She has a lot of power in what she can do with her music, hopefully she doesn't get swallowed up and trapped by her record company over time.

Sis, you wouldn't have survived the pre-internet music era. Only thing you could judge an album by was the singles and whatever they played in the radio (before they started just playing only singles.) Stangely enough, record sales were through the roof. I don't subscribe to the notion that I should only pay 1 fee to listen to anything I like. Especially if it negatively impacts artists I enjoy. I feel bad that musical acts expecting their "fans" to pay for their music it is being construed as anti-fan nowadays. Let's also not pretend that the majority of the "people" paying for Taylor Swift music are actually spending their own earned coins.

It used to be record companies only screwed artist on sales and left their tours alone, but I read that they're trying to horn in on that as well. I feel bad for anyone trying to make a living off of music these days and even worse for people like Swift who appeal to a very fickle market. One day those tweens will grow up and have responsibilities and the new tweens will be out supporting Honey Boo Boo's latest musical offerings and Tay Tay will be that "old" lady. At least she'll still have the gays though. You queens don't know how to let a sad used up ho fade graciously.
iROcOZu4boHsM.gif

Madonna and Bjork are tied. Support your fave, give her a vote.

I'm dying for a Gaga vs Madonna showdown in the finals so I voted for 'Doner

I'm having a currently sober moment with LP1 now.

Preface, Lights On, Two Weeks, Hours, Pendulum, Video Girl, Numbers.

I mean whew. A nearly perfect seven track run. Actually worth the hype unlike BANKS. Oop.

[edit]: Currently a bit drunk, but oh my lord this whole alber. I can't even. No filler. Queen.

It's cute that she's trying to maintain a semblance of a career I guess.

Real talk, the only good thing she's ever done musically is the hook on Black Widow.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
what on earth would drive anyone to post a picture like that

TOURNEY UPDATE: Madonna and Bjork are tied. Last day to get your votes in, so send me a PM to break the tie and send one of these queens to the Winners Bracket finals!

ibtoRWYcM7eSGH.png

i3Sm4GLpTBuao.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom