• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Nielsen spills the tea on Billboard's Biggest Songs Of The Summer In Past 25 Years

tumblr_inline_ne9lek019n1s2g898.png

Mariah Carey: The Winter and Summer Song Queen of Music
ec20fb7f.gif

Voting is now closed for the first match the semifinals. Thanks to everyone who voted, it was a pretty big turnout so I appreciate everyone going out of their way to PM me their choices! I'm hoping we keep topping the turnout record with each match!

Without further ado...

ibyecyYiUdpjQu.png

LADY GAGA moves on to the finals in the Winners Bracket!! But which industry vet will she face next?

BRITNEY SPEARS gets to sashay over to the Losers Bracket. It's gonna be a tough road for Brit Brit, but she's got a big following here, so things could still go her way!

ROUND 03, BATTLE 02 of the semifinals coming right up!

ibtoRWYcM7eSGH.png

i3Sm4GLpTBuao.png

A pop cultural provocateur faces off against the alternative queen bee. This is a big one because the two have often been compared and they both hold a great deal of industry reverence.

Who do you choose to take on LADY GAGA in the finals? PM me your vote and let a bitch know!

VOTE HERE!

"Black women are treasure, all the white girls join in the action, do you jingle when you dingle dangle. everybody does the bingle bangle."

efsdnjdjg this bitch LMAO

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Meryallah Streep can do anything.

Anything. And the woman is so damn nice it's almost painful. It's really a wonder that the TV, film, and theater industries put up with any personality bullshit from actors at all when you've got actors like Meryl who are basically saints and phenomenal at what they do. I cannot fucking wait for that movie.

Raise your hand if your [fave] sold almost 1.3 mil with their fifth album.

Right.

Beyoncé is the fifth studio album by American recording artist Beyoncé, released on December 13, 2013 by Parkwood Entertainment and Columbia Records.

Commercial performance
During its first day of release in the United States, Beyoncé sold 80,000 units in three hours and a total of 430,000 digital copies within 24 hours. In its second day, the album sold 120,000 units, which brought its two-day sales total to 550,000. Billboard predicted it to sell around 600,000 digital copies by the end of the tracking week on December 15, 2013. Beyoncé debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, with three-day sales of 617,213 digital copies. This gave Beyoncé her fifth consecutive number-one album, making her the first female artist to have her first five studio albums debut atop the chart. It also became the largest debut sales week for a female artist in 2013, and the highest debut sales week of her solo career.

In its second week, the album remained at number one, selling an additional 374,000 copies. Ten days after its release, Beyoncé had sold 991,000 copies in the US, making it the best-selling album by a female artist in 2013. A third week at number-one with sales of 310,000 copies brought the album's US sales to 1.3 million after 17 days of release.

According to International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), in the last 19 days of 2013, the album sold 2.3 million units worldwide.As of October 2014, Beyoncé has sold 5 million copies worldwide.

ijm3e3UlpOmus.gif

You knew that was coming though, right?

Gibbo

Ella henderson's chapter one is my favourite album this year i think. Ghost is an amazing song

Good album indeed. I believe I haven't seen you around here before. Who are your favorite pop acts?

It will probably make alot of people in thread vomit , but my all time favourite is Celine Dion.

A couple of X factor alumni are currently taking up alot of listening time on my phone though - Sam Bailey, Alex and Sierra, and Ella Henderson.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It will probably make alot of people in thread vomit , but my all time favourite is Celine Dion.

A couple of X factor alumni are currently taking up alot of listening time on my phone though - Sam Bailey, Alex and Sierra, and Ella Henderson.

Celine Dion is fine. Actually I haven't seen people talk much about her in a bad way and there has been some praise for her. Sam Bailey havent heard, Alex and Sierra are neat and I like Ella. I shall check Sam later but nice taste.

Azealea's not my bag of hashish, but that doesn't stop "Jfk" and "Miss Camaraderie" from being bops of immense proportions

As for the rest...if anything, another album through which to explore ha flawless sample choices. I think I hear some more Lone too, their power~

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm still recovering the morning after but honestly WHO THOUGHT ATMJAM would be a good fucking single
Ignoring the fact it's trash, its not even radio friendly trash, every song on the album is miles better like what were the execs thinking

tumblr_nenkk1MMSt1qdwzoro1_500.gif

I'm still recovering the morning after but honestly WHO THOUGHT ATMJAM would be a good fucking single
Ignoring the fact it's trash, its not even radio friendly trash, every song on the album is miles better like what were the execs thinking

tumblr_nenkk1MMSt1qdwzoro1_500.gif

They picked it because it had Pharrell on it and it was done in a different style to her album, so they could "market it" (lmao)

Do you jingle when you dingle-dangle?
Everybody does the bingle-bangle, Ow!

transrethanurzb.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wait, Medúlla is Björk's highest rated alber?

as much as i like that alber, her recommended listening should be

Bjork_-_Homogenic_album_cover.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
leT me break off my first listen of BWET to listen to homogenic cover to cover

[edit]
if travel is searching
and home what's been found
i'm not stopping

i'm going hunting
i'm the hunter

i'll bring back the goods
but i don't know when

slé me björksus

[edit] oh lordt, Unravel, punched me right in the emotions

while you are away
my heart comes undone
slowly unravels
in a ball of yarn
the devil collects it
with a grin
our love in a ball of yarn

he'll never return it
so when you come back
we have to make new love
he'll never return it
so when you come back
we have to make new love

iblcFGez2WIkkf.gif

[edit] and then straight into Bachelorette, the emotional heart of the alber

i'm a fountain of life
in the shape of a girl
you're the bird on the brim
hypnotised by the well
drink me make me feel real
wet your beak in the stream
game we're playing is love
love's a two-way dream

CRS

ONE TRACK. FIVE CITIES. FIVE PRODUCERS. FIVE REMIXES... As part of Red Bull Studios ongoing collaborative relationship with Jessie Ware, a completely unique remix project has been launched – Jessie Ware: Remixed. The project saw Jessie invite five of her favourite producers to work on a special remix of her track, Keep on Lying, at five Red Bull Studios around the globe, over five days....

Specifically chosen to represent different genres and distinctive sounds, each remixer met up with Jessie in a Red Bull Studio around the globe (London, Paris, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, NYC) to work on the remixes together. The result is five incredible new versions of Keep On Lying, each with a completely unique approach, and five engaging video webisodes of behind the scenes ‘making of’ footage for each track.

bpCOihZ.png

8sia6Iz.png

Remix Tracks:

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I mean I'm on board but why that song?

CRS

Eh, whatever... it's that producer line up that has me really excited. Especially TOKiMONSTA and Harry Fraud.

And I really, really like the Preditah remix so I'm expecting great things.

CRS

So Red Bull Studios uploaded all 5 tracks and didn't even create unique URLs, haha. So all 5 tracks are uploaded and I updated my post. The Behind the Scenes videos for each session are still hidden (I'm too tired to look for them if they are uploaded) so there are those to look forward to.

slé me björksus

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH
OHHHHHH-AWWWWWW
OHHOHOHOAAAAAAAAAAW

iblcFGez2WIkkf.gif

i had to, pluto is gold

Immature and All Neon Like are two of my favourites. I've also come to really like the original mix of All Is Full of Love and the little cross-channel effects it has in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom