• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Damn, I somehow missed those pics of Solange Robido posted.

O70czvu.gif

So, uh, apparently Meghan Trainor doesn't want to be 2014's Carly Rae Jepsen.

And so, she's released a new song.

That is identical to All About the Bass.

someone explain this to me pls

Vitanimus

I'm useless and I know it
Auditory hallucination
You said I don't care what I'm thinking about
But I'm thinking of you right now

Night time is my time
dreamin' of moving
Falling in space

So will I sit down?
Or go faster and faster?
Into the maybe
Slow down
Right now

I wouldn't feel anything
When we burst into dust forever
And no angels will help us out
'Cause they've all gone away

i3NDDJ7gKlKTc.gif

royalan

So, it's like Beyonce took a big ass dump...

And BEYONCE was the solid turds...

And now these two "bonus tracks" are like the little skid marks she left behind.

Just all shit.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
screen-shot-2014-10-20-at-4-21-23-pm.png

Two new songs from the 'St. Vincent' recording sessions are being released Nov. 28th

Source

Pieta/Sparrow 10" out November 28th for Record Store Day Black Friday

But you stan for a girl that has two Master Swords for eyebrows tho....
Beauty fades, shit music stays forever.

Styles

Cause you got that James Dean day dream look in your eye
And I got that red lip classic thing that you like
And when we go crashing down, we come back every time.
Cause we never go out of style
We never go out of style

You got that long hair, slicked back, white t-shirt.
And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt,
And when we go crashing down, we come back every time.
Cause we never go out of style
We never go out of style. (out of style)

Take me hooooooooooooooome
Just take me hooooooooooooooooome
Just take me hooooooooooooooooome

iiZhYPJQWMfau.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Willow has been performing new solo material and collabs with Sza for several months, kinda surprised you gerls are just now catching on to it. I guess she has something to prove? Not sure why, since Whip My Hair was as strong a single as almost any of our faves have released. This new direction in her sound is probably more marketable these days, at least.

Anyone who's into the whole Twigs/Bjork/Sade/Autre Ne Veut line of music owes it to themselves to check out Dan Bodan's album, Soft.

Soft is Berlin musician Dan Bodan’s favorite word lately—it’s not only the name of his new album, out Tuesday, but it’s a part of the title of two of its songs and is featured in the lyrics of nearly every track on the record. ... He was inspired, in part, by Joni Mitchell’s use of the word “blue” on her seminal record of the same name—a metaphor that imbued every word of her album with a sense of melancholy—and he shares some of Mitchell’s singer-songwriter affinity for putting every tough, messy emotion right there on record in a relatable, cogent way. That doesn’t mean Soft is always an easy listen. In fact, on the contrary, the album’s heartbreaking sincerity can also be pretty intimidating. But stick with Soft enough, and like all the best pop music, the deep issues that Bodan sings about seem to overlap with your own. “The writing happened over nearly four years, so there’s a lot of ground emotionally to cover,” he says. “But I like the idea of freeing it from concrete life experiences, so that the songs can become a kind of theater for everyone to enjoy, not just me.”

...Hhe used such a wide array of producers like 18+, Stadium, Physical Therapy, and Ville Haimala, to craft beats for him. &#8220;I worked with people who were interested more in developing a language for the album rather than just pasting their old ideas onto it,&#8221; he says. Soft also has a unique appreciation of both old and new&#8212;his voice, so characteristic and almost old-fashioned in its phrasing, is almost always on top of glittering contemporary electronic beats. His cover, for instance, of old jazz standard &#8220;For Heaven&#8217;s Sake (Let&#8217;s Fall in Love) <3&#8221; comes right before a subtle drum and bass song, but that&#8217;s a juxtaposition he truly embraces. &#8220;I know I didn&#8217;t want the album to sound like something extremely current, but I&#8217;m not really obsessed with the &#8220;old sound&#8221; either,&#8221; he says. &#8220;Sometimes we miss the reality that we live with both: past and future.&#8221;

Dude also seems weirdly fond of the Hunger Games, naming a previous single after the series and a reworked version on this album is called Catching Fire, which has him repeating "hunger games! hunger games!" at one point (although both songs are 100% unrelated to the books or movies).

39d24ea4c2.png

9f342c8f07.png

Mom Tina Knowles sits down with Entertainment Tonight's Nancy O'Dell and Kevin Frazier to spill wedding day secrets, including her favorite moment of the New Orleans nuptials and how big sis Beyonce saved the day.

033f137e84.png

Solange made more headlines on Tuesday after tweeting a shout out to Benadryl for saving her from wedding day hives. Turns out, it was big sis Beyonce who came to the rescue.

"[Solange] went through the wedding and the sit-down dinner and she was just fine, and then they had a second line in the streets of New Orleans and she was dancing so hard, I think she just go overheated," Tina recalls. "And the seafood, I think she had a reaction to it."

Enter Bey, whom Tina says "took her back to the hotel and gave her Benadryl and cortisone creams."

0b6c5f4744.png

TOURNEY UPDATE: BJORK claims the lead by 1 vote.

Make sure to vote for either Rihanna or Bjork today! The winner gets to face off against the Beyhive in the Bracket Finals!

iXoeM0ToCbJ98.png

ibhnKyBQLLQeIe.png

VOTING IS EASY! JUST CLICK HERE AND WRITE YOUR CHOICE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.

I'm voting for Rihanna, because A) she's grown on me this year, like a rash, and B) She makes more sense in the top 4 to me. Plus, I wanna see her and Beyonce throw down in the next round. :eek:

SaintZ

So there's a video of lana playing (¿) Marilyn Monroe getting raped

Ultraviolence ha
No gyal, the video was directed (I assume, since he was the one talking about it before) by Eli Roth and it also has Marilyn Manson in it. Eli Roth rapes Lana in a segment and it seems like and independent project.

Billboard 200 chart to include song streams and sales

One of the most important charts in the music industry is getting a major update to finally account for how we listen to and buy digital music. The Billboard 200, which has long listed the top 200 albums of the week by sales, will soon begin to factor in downloads and streams of individual songs. Under the chart's new methodology, selling 10 songs or streaming 1,500 songs will both be counted as the equivalent of selling a single album. Though the figures sound arbitrary, Billboard says that they are "accepted industry benchmarks." The new methodology will go into effect next month.

Billboard says that it worked with music industry executives to create this new methodology. Sony sales executive Darren Stupak calls it "a welcome and necessary evolution." Jim Urie, Universal Music Distribution CEO, calls the update the "next step" toward finding an "accurate measurement of music consumption."

The new methodology taps into what Billboard considers to be "all of the major on-demand audio subscription services." That includes at least Spotify, Beats Music, Google Play, and Xbox Music — which are not necessarily all of the biggest, but definitely includes the biggest and many other sizable options. The inclusion will likely be good news for Spotify, which has been facing backlash from Taylor Swift and others as it struggles to prove that it's a valuable solution for artists looking to profit off of their music. With this change, Spotify will now directly factor into an artist's perceived success from the chart.

Looks like the playing field is finally heating up. Next Radio will have to adapt to this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom