• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Honestly I think she's become such a dumbass recently that I don't have much hope for another occasional moment of brilliance from her, but I'm ready to be proven wrong. :p

Some of her Instagram and Facebook updates lately make me cringe honestly, especially when they involve Rocco tryin' to be "gangsta" and she makes a lot of typos for an intelligent woman that she is :/

I am so excited for this Madonna album it's not even funny.

For one, she's been recording it forever. And you can tell from her Instagram that she's been really hands-on with this project. She's inspired.
I'm ready for Confessions on a Dance Floor pt. 2 ;__;

YAAAAAAAS

I want nothing more tbh ;_; What other aged stars can say they slayed it approaching 50 without becoming a pathetic legacy act? Or hanging onto relevance by dragging out the same decrepit Christmas single year after year?

Her BEST era, she was just ON POINT

Madonna-confessions-dance-floor.jpg

madonna-the-confessions-tour-future-lovers-i-feel-love.jpg

USWBV0600001_640x480_01.jpg

I even had the straights @ work jamming to Hung Up <3

Ah I see! Not familiar with his style or sound tbh....

My bff (fellow Beyonce obsesser) just now:

"Ring off sounds like a song rihanna would make if she were capable of breaking up with someone"

This bitch better don't. Lol

The new SOTS remix sounds like shit, and a shitty ripoff of this eternally flawless bop

Year-old 480p concert recordings, irrelevant and bloated remixes, abortive Z-sides that would've sounded dated on Unapologetic...does Zirconium Edition have a single redeeming quality?

seriously, wat is this

How the hell did she "change music" the first time?

Azealia Banks surprise-dropped an album. The impact, I guess.

For all the hoopla, BEYONCE literally came and went.
ibhucLxdhfXGqO.gif

Quick test royalan. Who did what?:
As of August 2014, the album had sold over 290,000 units in the United States
has sold more than 5 million copies worldwide
One is a "LEGEND" whose album dropped in 2012. The other "came and went" less than a year ago. You love Beyonce, everyone knows it. Stop fronting, love yourself.
ij2Rc8h8kCzOF.gif

royalan

ibhucLxdhfXGqO.gif

Quick test royalan. Who did what?:

One is a "LEGEND" whose album dropped in 2012. The other "came and went" less than a year ago. You love Beyonce, everyone knows it. Stop fronting, love yourself.
ij2Rc8h8kCzOF.gif

Don't hate that the Indie Queen had more impact sitting in a chair over the last 2 years than your fave had with her surprise ambien release.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Seems Madge also has A+++ producer/dj Sophie working on some of her album, and Nicki is on another track this time.

Whatever Sophie is making for her will easily be one of the best tracks of 2015.

Nemesis_

That second Gwen single sounds vile, I really hope Baby Don't Lie was not a fluke. Then again apparently the former is produced by Pharrell so I guess there's no hope there.

But where is Fergie?

2014 Top 5 tracks:

1. Oceans
2. Camouflage
3. Cold Sweat
4. Miracle
5. Glory

Honorable mentions: Dreams, Lemonade, Burn The Pages

Pretty sad year overall. Last year, I purchased 53 individual tracks on iTunes (songs released in 2013).

This year, I've downloaded 13 individual tracks on iTunes (songs released in 2014).

:-\

EDIT: Just saw Prisoners, probably one of the best-acted and best-directed films I've ever seen...but then that ending. That was some lookie-loo pussy ass gornisht bullshit. I've lost years off my life because of this fucking stressful oy vey mishegas carnival of unending turpitude.

Fuck you, ending of Prisoners.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
He's the worst and people need to finally give him some shit. I can't believe his career isn't over considering all the heinous drivel he's spouted in the past.

What I cant believe is that the internet isn't saying much about it while people are going on other things on the same range by other people. Why are people giving him the privilege to spit such vile shit when others who are doing similar are getting trashed?

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lana &#128525;

What I cant believe is that the internet isn't saying much about it while people are going on other things on the same range by other people. Why are people giving him the privilege to spit such vile shit when others who are doing similar are getting trashed?
Right?! People like to say that Azealia is gross but she never talks about beating and raping people.

Vazra

Lana &#128525;

Right?! People like to say that Azealia is gross but she never talks about beating and raping people.

Azealia the only things she has said were homophobic and racist but she apologized and she doesn't throw the word "fag" on her music unlike Eminem. Also people using Iggy Azalea's racist twitter post to validate Eminem's rape line are more vile than Eminem.

Mau ®;139833460 said:
lol

There's no way BEYONCÉ sold 5 million copies WW when it has yet to outsell Unapologetic.

I guess it did outsell it then? Unless the source Wiki's using is incorrect.

BEYONCE - 5m
Unapologetic - 3m
ARTPOP - 2.3m

Mau ®

I guess it did outsell it then? Unless the source Wiki's using is incorrect.

BEYONCE - 5m
Unapologetic - 3m
ARTPOP - 2.3m

Actual numbers are lower than that. Labels are gonna inflate it but the actual tracked numbers have it lower than Unapologetic.

Mau ®;139843855 said:
Actual numbers are lower than that. Labels are gonna inflate it but the actual tracked numbers have it lower than Unapologetic.

How could they bluff 2 million extra copies though, is that normal? Unless Unapologetic's numbers are underscored. :/

Where are you seeing that it hasn't outsold Uninspired?

Vazduh

Foxes is on the studio working with Guy Chambers. Don't know if Im here for Guy Chambers tbh.

Yeah, his stuff is a bit outdated.

William Orbit would be a better match for her. I know he's usually remembered for his work on Ray of Light, but I think he managed to outdo himself with The Flood. This sound is almost tailor-made for Foxes, tbh.

Vazra

Yeah, his stuff is a bit outdated.

William Orbit would be a better match for her. I know he's usually remembered for his work on Ray of Light, but I think he managed to outdo himself with The Flood. This sound is almost tailor-made for Foxes, tbh.

Agree and also Emile Haynie and Jeff Bhasker could do wonders.

Mau ®;139853128 said:
Now bruh, BEYONCÉ is basically an elegantly produced Unapologetic. Don't shade the second album of 2013 like that.

Let's be real, they were both gonna chase that sound regardless of who came first because that's the type of musicans they are.

"Show me the trends and I'll follow"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom