• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
this post title

141jkZU.png

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

also on the front page of imgur i saw someone had uploaded a gif from firefly. are nerds still really going on about that show? it's like 100 years old now get over it.

also, being legitimately a bit punched by BWET this week

Sheesh... As someone who likes Ultraviolence...no. Especially with Paradise thrown in there. That 1.5 albums is just insanely good.
I agree with that tbh. UV has some really good songs (West Coast, BB, Old Money, FMWUTTT, Money Power Glory) but like... Paradise alone is an insanely good collection (minus Blue Velvet).

I agree with that tbh. UV has some really good songs (West Coast, BB, Old Money, FMWUTTT, Money Power Glory) but like... Paradise alone is an insanely good collection (minus Blue Velvet).

Nah, the only bad song on Paradise is that Yo Yey or whatever it is, the one where she starts it saying "I like you tattoo" but it sounds like she's being microwaved on 50% power

Born To Die is a great album, I think Ultraviolence has a sort of derivative quality to it. Without Born To Die to precede it UV is a sort of a wash, like playing level 2 without having played level 1. So because I'm interested in her (slow and incremental) evolution, I do really like Ultraviolence. Born To Die is much more pop and accessible though so I know why most people prefer that. It has much more obvious appeal.

Off To The Races and Ride are her best to me.

Nah, the only bad song on Paradise is that Yo Yey or whatever it is, the one where she starts it saying "I like you tattoo" but it sounds like she's being microwaved on 50% power

Born To Die is a great album, I think Ultraviolence has a sort of derivative quality to it. Without Born To Die to precede it UV is a sort of a wash, like playing level 2 without having played level 1. So because I'm interested in her (slow and incremental) evolution, I do really like Ultraviolence. Born To Die is much more pop and accessible though so I know why most people prefer that. It has much more obvious appeal.

Off To The Races and Ride are her best to me.

Your taste is impeccable.

SaintZ

Yayo (Paradise) is truly awful and I'm completely sure she was drunk when she recorded it. The original version is far superior.

Vazduh

She best werq. Where can I purchase this?
iIstO8q0olOPT.gif

It's available on Google Play. I can't find the iTunes link, weird.

Anyone who's into the whole Twigs/Bjork/Sade/Autre Ne Veut line of music owes it to themselves to check out Dan Bodan's album, Soft.

Dude also seems weirdly fond of the Hunger Games, naming a previous single after the series and a reworked version on this album is called Catching Fire, which has him repeating "hunger games! hunger games!" at one point (although both songs are 100% unrelated to the books or movies).

Sounds like something I might like. I'll give it a listen.

asdafdafvs

nxDOIhH.gif

Touchdown

Banned
So is pop music pretty much over for the most part this year? I don't see any future releases on the horizon that even look half way interesting.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tune in to SNL Dec 13 for Charli XCX performance.

XOXO
So is pop music pretty much over for the most part this year? I don't see any future releases on the horizon that even look half way interesting.

ibtvYDU.gif

Charli XCX "Sucker" Dec 16th

TOURNEY UPDATE: Rihanna and Bjork are tied.

Voting ends tomorrow kittens!

Also, Smash comes tomorrow, and I'm sure it'll make me do the same. Can't wait :D

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hew? How do you say her name? Is it "Charlie Ex See Ex"?
Yes.

Get used to it because shell be in your fave's obituary.
Just because your fave hasn't released something worth listening to in a decade doesn't mean you have to be shady about those who still possess a career.

Touchdown

Banned
Yes.

Get used to it because shell be in your fave's obituary.

Just because your fave hasn't released something worth listening to in a decade doesn't mean you have to be shady about those who still possess a career.

You took that as shady?

tumblr_n0x99fKOv71qd8zg3o2_250.gif

Her career is still going strong by the way. Just made 2.4 million from her 2 shows in Australia and the greatest christmas song of all time is back in rotation.

US I tunes:

#79 - AIWFCIY
#100 - MC

tumblr_n0x9qiqj6x1qd8zg3o1_500.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
What the fuck? I mean, was this really necessary?

Agreed, this was WAY over the line. I've enjoyed Lana's whole "old glamour, damaged Hollywood starlet" persona, but this was just DISGUSTING. And was that Eli Roth as the rapist? Vile.

Trying to decide if I should buy it digitally tonight or not

Sis have patience! Less than 24 hours to go and you can actually OWN the game PHYSICALLY ;) My EB called, my preorder for Smash is ready to pick up yaaaaaas
I'm EXTRA excited as I ended up skipping the 3DS release
excited.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC

sis, that's fan made. The real video is out and there's no music to it. They took it down but its basically a bunch of weird shots of people staring at the camera and Lana getting attacked by Eli.

Lana's thirsty for controversy. Ultraviolence failed to make much of a splash tbh.

And I prefer Ultraviolence to Born to Die.

Bye, the real video for those scenes was filmed a LONG time ago, like in her BTD era.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
sis, that's fan made. The real video is out and there's no music to it. They took it down but its basically a bunch of weird shots of people staring at the camera and Lana getting attacked by Eli.

Bye, the real video for those scenes was filmed a LONG time ago, like in her BTD era.

We need the full video back on to judge the art.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
These updates are starting to make me nervous, unlike most, I may have liked it, but #13 is shaping up to be another Hard Candy :(

"Surprise visitor in the studio today! #thefunhasjustbegun" -Madonna

10730911_10152873781314402_1875132990711204201_n.jpg

Not sure who that is, but just glad it's not Pharrell

I lost hope for her next album as soon as Avicii was mentioned.

Gyal bye.

Eaux.

Phreaker

That was a nice away of putting it godel. Also XCX means Kiss Charli Kiss

Also educate yourself Phreaker.

I listened to the singles featured there but didn't care for them, tbh. I had never heard any of them before.

I was wondering if I was the only one to not hear of her so I took a look at her Wikipedia page for her last album and saw, "True Romance debuted at number eighty-five on the UK Albums Chart, dropping out of the top 100 the following week. In the United States, as of May 2014, the album had sold 12,000 copies."

So I must not be alone. I will give her album a listen though when it's out and will check her out on SNL.

Zutroy

You's a nasty, nasty, trashy, nasty
Sleazy, nasty classless, nasty

Nasty put some clothes on, I told ya
Don't walk out your house without your clothes on, I told ya
Girl what you thinkin' bout lookin' that to' down, I told ya
These men don't want no hot female that's
Been around the block female, you nasty girl

tumblr_ldkua05fDU1qej93ko1_500.gif

I think that's making its way up as my favourite DC song!

royalan

I am so excited for this Madonna album it's not even funny.

For one, she's been recording it forever. And you can tell from her Instagram that she's been really hands-on with this project. She's inspired.
I'm ready for Confessions on a Dance Floor pt. 2 ;__;

I am so excited for this Madonna album it's not even funny.

For one, she's been recording it forever. And you can tell from her Instagram that she's been really hands-on with this project. She's inspired.
I'm ready for Confessions on a Dance Floor pt. 2 ;__;

Honestly I think she's become such a dumbass recently that I don't have much hope for another occasional moment of brilliance from her, but I'm ready to be proven wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom