• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if anything that makes me doubt the legitimacy of the story tbh, surely even gaga isn't so short sighted as to see the possibility that he doesn't have her alber

Vazduh

she seems much closer to actual punk (i'm getting hella ramones vibes from this and london queen) than avril ever was

Her new music reminds me of Shampoo the most, to be honest. That's not a bad thing, of course.

Her new material has been hit or miss for me. Thankfully, I'm digging this one. I've got high expectations for Sucker after the awesomeness that was True Romance.

Also, I'm new round these parts. Howdy GAF

Hay there. Tell us your faves!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Speaking of Gaga

L20Ipig.jpg

That Carmen Sandiego realness. Slay.

Now lettuce hope she ditches Cheque to Cheque soon and makes a real comeback.

What a slay
the h&m advert is getting a lot of play in the Uk too
Might actually drive me to check out cheek to cheek

Firefly from Cheek To Cheek though. She goes full Liza in her verse, I live

My friend and I might record a lipsync in the car coz it's just too good :p

I RAAAADIATE MOOOON GLOOOOW

Vazduh

How's Gwen's new music video? Haven't watched yet. Was a big of Baby Please Smash (The Charts) but not a huge fan of this one - seems like it goes on too long.

ikoSUES6ASRl3.gif

Like the song itself, it's not good. I can't believe Sophie Muller directed two duds in a row. WTF!

Hay there. Tell us your faves!

I've got this weird obession with Ke$ha. I personally think the music world is going to find out how talented she is once this Dr. Luke business is settled and listening to her music will no longer be taboo.

Other than that, a list of the usual suspects. Britney, Madonna, Janet, MJ, Bruno Mars, Fame era Gaga etc... Critical darlings Marina and the Diamonds, Charli XCX, Chromeo (White Women is my pop AOTY so far).

Looking forward to posting here!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've got this weird obession with Ke$ha. I personally think the music world is going to find out how talented she is once this Dr. Luke business is settled and listening to her music will no longer be taboo.

Other than that, a list of the usual suspects. Britney, Madonna, Janet, MJ, Bruno Mars, Fame era Gaga etc... Critical darlings Marina and the Diamonds, Charli XCX, Chromeo (White Women is my pop AOTY so far).

Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.

Vazduh

nnnnnn

tiJdxY9.png
tiJdxY9.png
tiJdxY9.png
tiJdxY9.png

Great! You're going to get along with pretty much everyone here, then. Welcome!

Yado

iMiRU8ltQwORB.gif

Firefly from Cheek To Cheek though. She goes full Liza in her verse, I live

My friend and I might record a lipsync in the car coz it's just too good :p

I RAAAADIATE MOOOON GLOOOOW
What a slay
the h&m advert is getting a lot of play in the Uk too
Might actually drive me to check out cheek to cheek
Slay
I wasn't sold on it at first but now I love it. I just like singing along when I'm doing coursework or cleaning and stuff. Gives me life tbh

She's kind of talked about it before but no-one knows really
And she might've tried to say something about it with Marry the Night but it's not clear. At the beginning she's in hospital for... some reason? And the nurse says no intimacy for two weeks, before proceeding to treat bruises on Gaga's lower back.

She alluded to a casting couch sort of situation last year though.

Vazra

And she might've tried to say something about it with Marry the Night but it's not clear. At the beginning she's in hospital for... some reason? And the nurse says no intimacy for two weeks, before proceeding to treat bruises on Gaga's lower back.

She alluded to a casting couch sort of situation last year though.

Nawt Kesha's lawyer saying it was Dr. Luke.

SaintZ

I thought Marry the Night was about an abortion.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I feel like there will be a big expose on the celebrities and behind the scenes folk not only in music, but hollywood and tv too.

We saw it in the UK with Jimmy Saville and the countless other that were subsequently accused of paedophilia and sexual assault, and I would bet that its not going to stay confined to UK celebrities. People are speaking out against Cosby, Kesha against Dr Luke now Gaga, it won't be long before other prominent people will come out with claims against others or against them

Vitanimus

Is it wrong to not believe gaga in this situation? Like, she has a fairly consistent track record of lying but I don't wanna enforce rape culture 😥

Vazra

Is it wrong to not believe gaga in this situation? Like, she has a fairly consistent track record of lying but I don't wanna enforce rape culture 😥

Im not sure if I believe or not but I'll let things brew more so I can form a better opinion on the matter. Don't wanna jump to conclusions yet.

I think so because she's talked or alluded to it a lot in the past. Like I know she says a lot of shit but I'd like to think she'd never take something as serious as this for granted.

Also Howard Stern is a great interviewer imo because he isn't afraid to get a bit rude. I remember his first interview with Gaga a few years ago he was pretty aggressive and talked about he didn't think very much of her before their interview. I thought it was really refreshing.

Matt_

I don't think she would lie about this. There's no real benefit to it.

yeah the fallout from lying about something like this would completely end her
That and its not something you lie about anyway, not unless your purposely want to hurt someone and shes not naming names or getting anything out of it

Yado

Also, where did Ke$ha find this lawyer? Rape Accusations on twitter? Really?

Even if it were true that seems like such a reckless thing to do.

Also, where did Ke$ha find this lawyer? Rape Accusations on twitter? Really?

Even if it were true that seems like such a reckless thing to do.
MTE... seems really unprofessional.

Tbh I don't know how much of it is from Ke$ha though and how much is from her mom.

Mau ®

The Ke$ha case against Luke is crumbling. I'm not surprised they're trying to latch off anything at this point.

Ya'll should say goodbye to ha, I'm afraid.

Vazra

Time Top 10 Albums

1. FKA twigs - LP1
2. St. Vincent - St. Vincent
3. Alt-J - This Is All Yours
4. Taylor Swift - 1989
5. Perfume Genius - Too Bright
6. Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
7. Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues
8. Jenny Lewis - The Voyager
9. Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams