• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Time Top 10 Albums

1. FKA twigs - LP1
2. St. Vincent - St. Vincent
3. Alt-J - This Is All Yours
4. Taylor Swift - 1989
5. Perfume Genius - Too Bright
6. Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
7. Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues
8. Jenny Lewis - The Voyager
9. Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
10. Azealia Banks - Broke With Expensive Taste

What a depressing list...

Still, how did I miss that Jenny Lewis released an album this year!?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Just how underrated is Bayonetta 2's soundtrack btw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhhdNL05sY

mooooooooon river
wiiiiiiiiiiiider than a mile
I'm croooooossing you in style
some daaaaaay

Effortless Qwiin. Your
virtual
faves tried

tumblr_mlx9wzBDxH1r01oj1o1_500.gif

Just how underrated is Bayonetta 2's soundtrack btw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhhdNL05sY

mooooooooon river
wiiiiiiiiiiiider than a mile
I'm croooooossing you in style
some daaaaaay

Effortless Qwiin. Your
virtual
faves tried

tumblr_mlx9wzBDxH1r01oj1o1_500.gif
Ikr. Also I think Nito/Bayonetta was trying to get people on here to buy it a few weeks ago. #promo

Edit: Bayonetta is such like a weird thing with me tho. Like I always try and interpret her as empowering and feminist rather than degrading and misogynist but some moments in the games make it so hard :(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ikr. Also I think Nito/Bayonetta was trying to get people on here to buy it a few weeks ago. #promo

Edit: Bayonetta is such like a weird thing with me tho. Like I always try and interpret her as empowering and feminist rather than degrading and misogynist but some moments in the games make it so hard :(

The way she kills the final boss in Bayo 1 alone shows she is empowering. Also she humiliates her enemies and constantly uses her sexuality to mock people.

Captcha

I've been lurking GAF forever and this thread in particular since about OT4(validation took [F O R E V E R]), and y'all are easily my favorite community here. I mean, who else could keep 90% of this site completely steam roll pressed? I love it. It seemed only fitting my first post should be here.

Time Top 10 Albums

1. FKA twigs - LP1
2. St. Vincent - St. Vincent
3. Alt-J - This Is All Yours
4. Taylor Swift - 1989
5. Perfume Genius - Too Bright
6. Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
7. Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues
8. Jenny Lewis - The Voyager
9. Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
10. Azealia Banks - Broke With Expensive Taste

On topic, I use 1,2, and 10. Pendulum from Twigs and Ice Princess from Azealia changed my life.

Vazra

I've been lurking GAF forever and this thread in particular since about OT4(validation took [F O R E V E R]), and y'all are easily my favorite community here. I mean, who else could keep 90% of this site completely steam roll pressed? I love it. It seemed only fitting my first post should be here.

On topic, I use 1,2, and 10. Pendulum from Twigs and Ice Princess from Azealia changed my life.

Welcome Captcha!

The way she kills the final boss in Bayo 1 alone shows she is empowering. Also she humiliates her enemies and constantly uses her sexuality to mock people.
Yeah that's the good stuff but then there's like...
Jeanne's ass getting grabbed by a demon while being dragged to hell at the beginning of Bayo 2 which completely ruins the mood :(
(Bayo 2 spoilers)

I generally defend the games as I do think it's important that Bayonetta is an actually powerful female protagonist in a genre that is usually occupied by male PCs. That + Jeanne, which is a really healthy friendship between two women which is also rarely seen in games. It was another reason I loved TR2013.

Latch

I'm tryna figure out what to include in my ATRL Best of 2014,
but idk... I didn't really enjoy a lot of albums this year

Vazra

I'm tryna figure out what to include in my ATRL Best of 2014,
but idk... I didn't really enjoy a lot of albums this year

Ultraviolence by Lana Del Rey
Sucker by Charli XCX
Glorious by Foxes
Broke With Expensive Taste by Azealia Banks
St. Vincent by St. Vincent

Latch

Ultraviolence by Lana Del Rey
Sucker by Charli XCX
Glorious by Foxes
Broke With Expensive Taste by Azealia Banks
St. Vincent by St. Vincent

Ultraviolence was disappointing
I grew to like it because I'm a fan of Lunesta Del Rey's manic depressive droning, but it was a weak follow up to Born To Die

I haven't gotten into Foxes yet

BWET slays and there isn't a single track I dislike, but there's way too much singing on it

St. Vincent was painful to sit through and feels mediocre next to a masterpiece like Strange Mercy
Prince Johnny is the only good track
Birth In Reverse is cute

UV and BWET will be in my best of tho

Mau ®

I'm also having a hard time putting together a Top 10 list.

It was easier last year. But then again last year we were blessed with Kanye, Bey, Vampire Weekend and Lorde.

Sounds pretty cool, gunna check it out when the official is up on iTunes or leaks (whichever comes first).

Also omg but small concerts like that seem really awkward just because the audience is so close and so visible (like all of their faces). If she was just a little higher off the ground/the stage started above their heads it would be better imo.

Latch

Mau ®;141389560 said:
I'm also having a hard time putting together a Top 10 list.

It was easier last year. But then again last year we were blessed with Kanye, Bey, Vampire Weekend and Lorde.

VV Brown
HAIM
Arctic Monkeys
Blood Orange

iGfPhaWYa7mDo.gif

Touchdown

Banned

Welcome. :)

iwiiuo6XzIBKK.gif

The Let It Go Dave Aude Club Remix is a bop.

Don't let them in don't let them see
Be the good girl you always to be
Conceal don't feel
Don't let them knooooooooooow
Well now they knooooooooooooow

iGmxSKPbOXsjT.gif

Vazduh

My favorite albums of 2014 would be:

Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow
Real Estate - Atlas
Dum Dum Girls - Too True
Beck - Morning Phase
Lykke Li - I Never Learn
Kimbra - The Golden Echo
Cheatahs - Cheatahs
Azealia Banks - Broke With Expensive Taste
iamamiwhoami - Blue
La Roux - Trouble in Paradise

Honorable mentions: Lights - Little Machines, Electric Youth - Innerworld, Rebecca & Fiona - Beauty is Pain, Tycho - Awake, Jungle - Jungle, Betty Who - Take Me When You Go, Alpines - Oasis, Caribou - Our Love...

There were many more I've listened to, but not many of them were that memorable. 2013 was a better year for music (for me).

So did anyone listen to The Veronicas' new album?

i7TEFVdoGyZCQ.gif

I'm listening to it right now! The tongue-in-cheek dubstep in the second track was a bit... unexpected. Let's hope the rest of the album delivers.

Welcome!

ZcUrO1q.gif
ZcUrO1q.gif
This has got to be the cheesiest thing I've seen this year. By far.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
going to the discotheque
getting high and getting wrecked
i don't wanna go to school
i just wanna break the rules

iyjIEHlZO72TM.gif

Vazra

Everything was wrong with you
So breaking up was easy to do
Hate your friends and your family too
So breaking up was easy to do
iyjIEHlZO72TM.gif

Vazduh

That photo of Ariana is probably the first photo in ages where she doesn't look like a pre-programmed Lolita fembot (i.e. she is actually showing some emotions, lmao).

Who's next in the condiment aisle, DJ Ketchup?

ZcUrO1q.gif
ZcUrO1q.gif

I just googled DJ Mustard because I didn't know anything about him, except for those songs he produced. I was a bit surprised to see that his real name is...

well.

Dijon.

Not gonna lie, he's witty for that one, lol.

BEYONCE vs MADONNA - A playlist for tops:

1- Love On Top
2- Lay Up Under Me
3- Don't Tell Me
4- Push
5- Smash Into You
6- 4 Minutes
7- I Fucked Up

BEYONCE vs MADONNA - A playlist for bottoms:

1- Blow
2- Gang Bang
3- Burning Up
4- Rescue Me
5- All I Could Do Was Cry
6- Start Over
7- Blow (Reprise)

Make sure to vote now if you haven't already! Tournament's crashing to an end very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom