• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Not London Queef asdadsafasd

nxDOIhH.gif

Blablurn

I woke up in the morning and realized that SAY MY NAME by DESTINY'S CHILD is probably the best Pop song of all time. Holy shit.

Latch

Now Soulbro as you're one of her biggest stans, surely you haven't forgotten all the hoopla around her possibly debuting a "new nose" at her Superbowl performance in 2013? Receipt
Even then, go back to pics of the early Destiny's Child days and she's had at least her nose done among other things (then again so has Kelly). Contouring has it's limits LOL

beyonce-prom-photo.png

tumblr_inline_n62jhtYyer1qb4idi.png

meanwhile, the good sis Ms. Ciccone is two birthdays and one botox injection away from looking like Jocelyn Wildenstein

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Everything was wrong with you
So break it up, was easy to do
Hey your friends think your fugly too
So break it up, was easy to do
Breaking up
Breaking up
Breaking up
ibyu5bkAH8mmWm.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
not Breaking Up being the anti-TSwift feminist anthem pop has been waitingK for

living for the verses, not a massive fan of the chorus
she really is going full avril with this album

she seems much closer to actual punk (i'm getting hella ramones vibes from this and london queen) than avril ever was

I don't like how every new Charlie XCX song seems to be infected by the Icona Pop formula she created. Namely: very simple melodies being yelled. Very loud. It's the sort of music you can sing along to without having to worry if you'll hit the right keys. It's that simple.

It definitely has it's appeal, but it's also a bit tiring in large quantities.

I like Boom Clap, I like SuperLove, but I like Nuclear Seasons, Grins or So Far Away better. Hope she also has a few of those on her new album.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't like how every new Charlie XCX song seems to be infected by the Icona Pop formula she created. Namely: very simple melodies being yelled. Very loud. It's the sort of music you can sing along to without having to worry if you'll hit the right keys. It's that simple.

It definitely has it's appeal, but it's also a bit tiring in large quantities.

I like Boom Clap, I like SuperLove, but I like Nuclear Seasons, Grins or So Far Away better. Hope she also has a few of those on her new album.

She said that she basically wrote an actual punk album, but then she scrapped it, and wrote this, which is the same sound but filtered into pop. I dunno if she'll do more than one album in this style.

SaintZ

she seems much closer to actual punk (i'm getting hella ramones vibes from this and london queen) than avril ever was
Yes, I was actually thinking Ramones when listening to this (and most of her stuff this era sans Boom Clap). Avril never intended to be punk tho.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
She said that she basically wrote an actual punk album, but then she scrapped it, and wrote this, which is the same sound but filtered into pop. I dunno if she'll do more than one album in this style.

Charli in an interview recently said she doesnt want to make the same album twice so expect a different direction for Album 3 or a mix between both styles.

Meowster

How's Gwen's new music video? Haven't watched yet. Was a big of Baby Please Smash (The Charts) but not a huge fan of this one - seems like it goes on too long.

ikoSUES6ASRl3.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Speaking of Gaga

L20Ipig.jpg

That Carmen Sandiego realness. Slay.

Now lettuce hope she ditches Cheque to Cheque soon and makes a real comeback.

I was pissed, Cullen let me flirt with him twice as a male character and the he was like I'm straight tho
I was gunna get that Templar D :(

Cullen tried it.

LOL! I was all set on going for Cullen before I knew about Dorian so I'm no longer bothered by his straight-ness

image.php

LAWD
Like is it possible to crush on a virtual character?
baby got back

Speaking of Gaga

L20Ipig.jpg

That Carmen Sandiego realness. Slay.

Now lettuce hope she ditches Cheque to Cheque soon and makes a real comeback.

LOL! I was all set on going for Cullen before I knew about Dorian so I'm no longer bothered by his straight-ness

image.php

LAWD
Like is it possible to crush on a virtual character?
baby got back
Yas Gaga
and idk I'm interested in Dorian but apparently he's very like
ME first in a relationship and I don't know if I can deal with that

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm romancing iron bull because if you're going to have a virtual boyfriend it might as well be ridiculous

Majmun

Will Gaga ever get tired of herself? The GP stopped caring about her tryhard outfits and wigs eons ago. She needs to stop with her shtick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom