• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor-Swift-GOTS-London-Free-People-Dolce-Gabbana-Street-Style-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO-7.jpg

A Margaret Dumont-sized disaster
n5KRMhX.png

Blank Space ha impact

royalan

Sistren,

I need a NOT annoying Holiday music playlist for work.

How about we create a special Holiday edition of PopGAF radio on Spotify?

:)

Vazduh

I honestly can't believe that Rolling Stone list. U2? The Black Keys?

Mac DeMarco? WTF? Mac DeMarco is great (like most of the Captured Tracks artists), but Salad Days isn't better than "2" or "Rock And Roll Night Club".

Oh, and Spark The Fire is meh. I oddly like the tacky/colorful single cover, though.

Is this a poor Milla Jovovich Wax Figure?
GIF-Angry-Super-Angry-Very-Angry-GIF.gif

ikr? Although she wishes she looked like Queen Milla on her worst day.

I6LVNfE.gif

Speaking of the Ukranian goddess, let's reminisce on her music debut. This was recorded when she was only 16.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Rolling Stone made a list of the Top 50 alberms of 2014.

Top 10:
10. Taylor Swift - 1989
9. Mac DeMarco - Salad Days
8. Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 2
7. Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
6. Charli XCX - Sucker
5. Miranda Lambert - Platinum
4. St. Vincent - St. Vincent
3. The Black Keys - Turn Blue
2. Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes
1. U2 - Songs of Innocence

#1 is U2 and it includes an alber (Sucker) that isn't out yet?

7/11 is punching me into the ground.

I want "smack it, smack it in the air" on my tombstone.

[edit]: Actually, make it "I'm fresher than youuuuuuuuuuuuuu~"

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
That reminds me that Kelly uploaded ha video for Wrapped In Red some days ago (Idk if it was posted).
I was going to post about it. Can't remember if I hit Submit.

That vid sucks. I get that she just had a baby, but they really couldn't zoom out a little? And if she was still pregnant when they filmed this (I don't think she was...), so what? I hope the album gets some decent sales this holiday since it's pretty great, but the video is trash.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
ZbhMxJT.jpg

Slay a bit Madge, can't believe she's so fierce @ 56 *.*

I'm really disappointed with Gwen + Fergie's outputs so far
They were my original queens back in the day :(

I understand Gwen, she's awesome with or without No Doubt and even manages to stay cool even while doing Xtina's previous job. But Fergie? Like separated from Black Eyed Peas Fergie?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The Hag looks so weird there. That severe botox and face snatching.

Now sis, you know your fave looks absolutely nothing like she used to and she's 22 years younger give or take

Beyonce-Plastic-Surgery-Before-And-After.jpg

I was going to say she looked kinda like Jessica Chastain but yeah, Sharon Needles is a better description D:

LORD, I just googled Sharon Needles, are you guys for real? How do you go from Jessica Chastain to that though? Chastain is gorgeous, that would be a compliment

omf. I like it. The chorus is nice. And then there's the strings and horns!!!
I like it but the horns make me think of House of Cards
po3RDVm.gif

I understand Gwen, she's awesome with or without No Doubt and even manages to stay cool even while doing Xtina's previous job. But Fergie? Like separated from Black Eyed Peas Fergie?
Glamorous, Fergalicious, London Bridge... and obvs her work with BEP
A Dutchess tbh

@enigmatic_alex44 that "before" picture has been widened to the size of a football field, and as far as I'm seeing, her nose is pretty much just really well-contured now.

No conturing:
Beyonce+Without+Makeup+Pictures+2013+01.jpg

With conturing:

Unless you were suggesting that something else got changed, but I doubt she's had any work done.

Meowster

Love Gwen but her best work has always been with No Doubt (though What You Waiting For, Cool, and The Sweet Escape are kinda really great songs). Fergie was a Gwen copy-cat that occasionally improved on Gwen's blueprints (Glamorous being a better knock off of Luxurious, for example).

Can I vote btw?

enigmatic_alex44

SaintZ

Mess I was going to post that, lmao.

Well, Rita's sister was seen having coffee with Francesco Carrozzini some months ago. Maybe she feared Lana's wrath.

The Flop

Banned
Remember when you hit the brakes too soon
Twenty stitches in a hospital room
When you started crying
Baby, I did too
But when the sun came up
I was looking at you
Remember when we couldn't take the heat
I walked out, I said, I'm setting you free
But the monsters turned out to be just trees
When the sun came up
You were looking at me

taylorpoint.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Charli posted on instagram that a video for Breaking Up is coming up soon so I guess that's the next single.
Nice song but I think the song might be a bit short. She can try promoting it as it seems to be doing better than Break The Rules

enigmatic_alex44

Nice song but I think the song might be a bit short. She can try promoting it as it seems to be doing better than Break The Rules

Bayo (Nito) I've been curious, hew is that in your avatar? That's not Charli XCX is it?

Unless you were suggesting that something else got changed, but I doubt she's had any work done.

Now Soulbro as you're one of her biggest stans, surely you haven't forgotten all the hoopla around her possibly debuting a "new nose" at her Superbowl performance in 2013? Receipt
Even then, go back to pics of the early Destiny's Child days and she's had at least her nose done among other things (then again so has Kelly). Contouring has it's limits LOL

Phreaker

Remember when you hit the brakes too soon
Twenty stitches in a hospital room
When you started crying
Baby, I did too
But when the sun came up
I was looking at you
Remember when we couldn't take the heat
I walked out, I said, I'm setting you free
But the monsters turned out to be just trees
When the sun came up
You were looking at me

taylorpoint.gif

are we out of the wood yet
are we out of the woods
are we in the clear yet
are we in the clear yet
are we in the clear yet
in the clear yet, good!

I kind of love that whole part you quoted!

I got my haircut this weekend and my hairdresser always talks pop with me. She said, "I am not a big Taylor Swift fan, but that song, Blank Space, OMG I love it!" :) I told her get the album, wait till you hear All You Had To Do Way Stay and Clean.

The Flop

Banned
are we out of the woods
are we in the clear yet
are we in the clear yet
are we in the clear yet
in the clear yet, good!

I kind of love that whole part you quoted!

I got my haircut this weekend and my hairdresser always talks pop with me. She said, "I am not a big Taylor Swift fan, but that song, Blank Space, OMG I love it!" :) I told her get the album, wait till you hear All You Had To Do Way Stay and Clean.

The bridge gives me life. I use. Slay!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
SuperLove is such a perfect pop song. I'd honestly rate it as one of the best pop songs of the last five years, maybe even the best. It's such a shame that it had absolutely zero impacT, I'd love to hear it on a night out, and it deserved to smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom