• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

This is a modern fairy tale
No happy endings
No wind in our sails
But I can't imagine a life without
Breathless moments
Breaking me down, down, down, down

52b0f867.gif

royalan

Y'all leave Tia Mowry alone (or is it Tamara?).

I actually like The Real. I think they have the best chemistry of all three shows. And Tamar dragging the hell out of Chris Brown a few weeks ago? Kiiiiiii

Too bad I don't have time for daytime TV.

Idk how many of you follow Gaga but do you remember #PromoteOnlineKindness?
TtLRQs4.gif

That was such a mess omg. I remember she and all of her hypocritical """"superfans"""" were tweeting about how everyone should be kind online and not be rude. Which all started because a bunch of people were fed up of the "fans" who stalk Gaga around NY and stuff giving out false information and being rude to people in lines at concerts.

Then there was RadioARTPOP which invited a really rude fan onto their show who then proceeded to tell everyone that Gaga was disappointed in them for being rude to people.
po3RDVm.gif

#justARTPOPthings

The nerds at this award show just makes me gag, with heavy eyerolls. The show is cheesy af. Ugh....
Ikr. It's so awkward. We keep asking gaming to be respected as an artistic medium... and then we do things like this, and let misogynistic homophobes speak on our stages. Honestly, I can't think of a single gaming awards related event that is anything close to the respectability of the TV/film equivalents (which aren't even respectable but aren't anywhere near as shit as this!!!)

royalan

Ikr. It's so awkward. We keep asking gaming to be respected as an artistic medium... and then we do things like this, and let misogynistic homophobes speak on our stages. Honestly, I can't think of a single gaming awards related event that is anything close to the respectability of the TV/film equivalents (which aren't even respectable but aren't anywhere near as shit as this!!!)

The problem isn't that video games shouldn't be respected as an artistic medium or do major events...they just don't seem to know HOW to present video games as an industry to the public.

More things like E3. LESS attempts at a VMAs for video games. It just ain't that type of industry.

The problem isn't that video games shouldn't be respected as an artistic medium or do major events...they just don't seem to know HOW to present video games as an industry to the public.

More things like E3. LESS attempts at a VMAs for video games. It just ain't that type of industry.
But don't you think that we should award excellence in games? like the Baftas work out well... Just none of these other organizers seem capable of making am awards show without just making the whole thing cringe worthy.

royalan

But don't you think that we should award excellence in games? like the Baftas work out well... Just none of these other organizers seem capable of making am awards show without just making the whole thing cringe worthy.

Well they can have Awards, but they can't do this VMAs type setup. It's corny and awkward to watch every time.

Mumei

Anatomy Of A Hit: Kelly Clarkson's 'Since U Been Gone'

Kelly Clarkson won American Idol's first season in 2002. Following her victory, she spent a few years finding her new sound, and Martin did too. Then they found each other. The producer is famously media-shy and didn't respond to our interview request. But he told Billboard Magazine in 2010 that "Since U Been Gone" was his "comeback" song.

"Max Martin found a way to graft the pop sound that he had perfected with artists like Britney and Backstreet to almost an indie-rock vibe," pop critic Chris Molanphy says.

It's a "Frankenstein's monster" of a song, Molanphy says: hints of R&B on the verses, rock structure, even emo buried in the mix. And, of course, the hook is pure pop.

"It's kind of an amalgam of everything that had been on the radio, all melded together into one song," he says.

It doesn't feel like ten years.

Real.

But to be honest, I was rather impressed with how well she managed her chest voice for most of the performance.

Considering where she was last year, just being able to deliver the rapid-fire verses without running out of breath is an accomplishment.

lowered-expectations.jpg

God, that's dire. I'm almost surprised there hasn't been a shady topic.

Floridian

I'm only watching the games awards just because there's nothing else on tv for me to watch.
And i wanted to see a new 3D mario game unveiled.

Felt like listening to some Christina Aguilera tonight.

All I wanna do is love your body
Oh oh oh oh
Tonight’s your lucky night, I know you want it
Oh oh oh oh

I think you already know my name
I think you already know my name

Still so good.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You try to pull us apart
And make a brand new start
You tryna drive me force me
You didn't get very much
You said laugh like a baby
You're not so sure
You say you love me
Ok let's rock
iWUKe1vpl0XEF.gif

Everything was wrong with you
So break it up, was easy to do
Hey your friends think your fugly too
iWUKe1vpl0XEF.gif

Everything was wrong with you
Hey your friends think your fugly too
Breaking up
Breaking up
Breaking up
iWUKe1vpl0XEF.gif

MIMIC

Banned
So I was driving in the car the other day and this song that I had never heard of came on.

Me: "Oh snap! Is this Beyonce with a banger?"

It's not illegal to dance while driving, is it?

So just a few minutes ago, I remembered the song, and decided check it out on YouTube. Cool video!

zDEt5Jt.gif

Vitanimus

Morning pry the windows open
Let in what's so terrifying
Summer is as faded as a lone cicada call
Memories so bright I gotta squint just to recall
Regret the words I've bitten
More than the ones I ever said

Who's the one animal
All by yourself, all of us
All of us
All of us