• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

image.php

I really love Madge's aesthetic toward the end of the Bedtime Stories era
the surrealist art and dominatrix inspired looks

imagine if we'd gotten an edgy, sexier, darkrer counterpart to Ray of Light somewhere in there and a tour if she would've had time between the pregnancy and Evita

woo, poor Erotica
Bedtime Stories is better than Erotica anyways (but there r standouts on Erotica that are mostly better than BT - namely tracks like Waiting, which I consider to be one of M's best).

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Gaga was 2013's face for Versace, but I guess things didn't work out as she's been dropped for a new face for 2014. Let's be real, her replacement kinda slays:

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I still wish Gaga had dropped J&D and Dope from ARTPOP and instead included this underrated gem the part @ 2:07, LOVE MonotoneGa

Album would have improved from an 8 to a 9/10 imo

Mau ®;142214035 said:
Here's a snippet of Madeon's new song You're On

It's a bop.

Mhm, I like Madeon and this sounds like another bop you can move to

iiSf8z9.gif

Meowster

I found an old pair of
Keys in my purse that opened
The lockup we shared
How did they get there, jerk?
I wanna see you there
I wanna make it work.

I didn't brush my hair
And my lashes are falling
Off of seven years
Of our bad luck dating.
I want one last night there,
A Brooklyn Night affair.

The best surprise release of 2014. Sigh. To think that we could have gotten this instead of Jewels N Drugs or Donatella and would have brought up her MetaScore.

enigmatic_alex44

I found an old pair of
Keys in my purse that opened
The lockup we shared
How did they get there, jerk?
I wanna see you there
I wanna make it work.

I didn't brush my hair
And my lashes are falling
Off of seven years
Of our bad luck dating.
I want one last night there,
A Brooklyn Night affair.

The best surprise release of 2014. Sigh. To think that we could have gotten this instead of Jewels N Drugs or Donatella and would have brought up her MetaScore.

Right??? Brooklyn Nights is better than most of the songs on Artpop. Did it even get an official release?

Love your new avatar btw

Meowster

Right??? Brooklyn Nights is better than most of the songs on Artpop. Did it even get an official release?

Love your new avatar btw
It never got past the demo stage but I found a really good single cover for it and mixed it into my Artpop album. I think I replaced Jewels N Drugs or Donatella with it. Had to keep the godly Dope.

And thx!

The Flop

Banned
Your fav's better hide their weave.

Fifth Harmony performs tonight on X Factor UK! They already at number 25 on iTunes and they haven't even performed yet!

post-1109-1417977332.gif

Brooklyn Nights and Jewels 'n' Drugs are both trash.

But at least Jewels 'n' Drugs serves a bit with slap honey on a young pancake and this family is stupid attractive.

Gaga's parts in J&D >> Most of Brooklyn Nights.

MonotoneGa is my favorite Ga but aside from the bridge the rest is in dire need of a rewrite. Talkin bout chandeliers and Rocky n shit

Brooklyn Nights and Jewels 'n' Drugs are both trash.

But at least Jewels 'n' Drugs serves a bit with slap honey on a young pancake and this family is stupid attractive.
Brooklyn Nights is meandering trash. It has no focus, and goes nowhere interesting.

JnD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jewels n Drugs is literally the worst song she has ever made, possibly barring Disco Heaven.
It is just a hot mess of "I really wanted to include a rap song, so I made this!"
It makes no sense either. "I'm your mother's sister, your father's brother" is this Jewels n Incest then?

This is a MUCH better song from her about drugs:

Captcha

Whatever happened to La Roux after Trouble in Paradise came out...? It was one of my favorite releases this year and it seems like they dropped off the face of the planet as soon as it came out. Is it because they didn't have a song on the current game of the generation's soundtrack this time to lend them a bit of relevancy? Queen Bayonetta ending careers.

Sexoteque came on at the gym and it was a blessed event.

Vazduh

Whatever happened to La Roux after Trouble in Paradise came out...? It was one of my favorite releases this year and it seems like they dropped off the face of the planet as soon as it came out. Is it because they didn't have a song on the current game of the generation's soundtrack this time to lend them a bit of relevancy? Queen Bayonetta ending careers.

Sexoteque came on at the gym and it was a blessed event.

It was truly one of the best albums of 2014. There was a music video a couple of months ago: Kiss And Not Tell

And I think that Cruel Sexuality could be the next single, since there was an official remix last month.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Charli XCX has written a song for Rita Ora that she (Charli) thinks is “awesome”.

Mind you, she (Charli) doesn't know what will happen with it yet.

“I wrote a song for Rita [Ora] which is great,” she mused to the Metro. “I don’t know what has happened with that yet, but it is an awesome song.”
Source

I'm still on the fence about Charli
I like some of the songs I've heard but I watched her AMA performance and her live voice wasn't very good. Are there any better vids of her performing?

VZ1C7US.png

image.php

I'm not saying she's perfect, but at least she doesn't throw about slurs on twitter and get into beef with every single person she can whilst simultaneously burning bridges with any useful contacts.

Didn't she make a song with a known pedophile, and buy the costumes of another dead pedophile in an auction?

Didn't she make a song with a known pedophile, and buy the costumes of another dead pedophile in an auction?
For the MJ Auction:
A portion of proceeds from the auction will be donated to Guide Dogs of America and the Nathan Adelson Hospice in Las Vegas.
And I have no defence for the R. Kelly thing, she shouldn't have done it. The only positive is that she didn't release the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom