• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned

"This video is not available in your country."

2fadee0858.gif

B-Dex

Glee premiere is L I f E G I V I N G.

Sue Sylvester fat shaming students in a pig pen. Blaine's new BF. Lea Michelle singing let it go.

I can't.

SCREAMING at the warbler debate.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Gaga's recent updates have her looking healthier and happier than she's looked/been in a long time :D She's really gonna come back and slay next era isn't she? *.* This Cheek to Cheek side project has really helped and given her the rest and peace she's needed I think and she's got a new team in place so expect her to rise back to the top
Taylor Kinney can't hurt matters either lbr
Even Asia is serving:

10806398_10153147665289574_9200283171031398938_n.png

Deteriorating vocals aside, I love that song so much.

guilty pleasures

Her vocal on the studio version of My All is one of the most impressive imo

classic 90's Mariah was sooo good. Makes me forget all about her modern floppage and rancid diva persona

Vitanimus

Honestly the embarrassment I feel for people who do the whole "pop music is shit" act and the general guilt felt to associate with pop music is too much

royalan

Pretending to not understand/be illiterate is just as silly as stan talk.

That is my biggest pet peeve in OT, and not even in just Pop threads. People popping in just to post that they "don't know any of these people" in some holier than thou way.

And it's like "BITCH, who the fuck you think you foolin? You clicked into this thread!"

rude

Banned
Charmbracelet is Mariah's best underrated album next to Glitter. I just find more and more to love about it every day. I'd say Memoirs and Rainbow are tied for her worst. And yeah her performances during the Charmbracelet era were everything (probably because the content of all the songs on the album isn't really THAT hard for her to sing).

Charmbracelet is Mariah's best underrated album next to Glitter. I just find more and more to love about it every day. I'd say Memoirs and Rainbow are tied for her worst. And yeah her performances during the Charmbracelet era were everything (probably because the content of all the songs on the album isn't really THAT hard for her to sing).
Memoirs is definitely her worst. The only track I still use is Candy Bling, and even that sounds like an auto-tune nightmare at certain points.

Rainbow is mostly garbaj, but it has enough redeeming value (Rainbow Interlude, Petals, Bliss, After Tonight) to justify its own existence, plus its iconiC album art is just so flawlessly extra

Mariah_Carey_Rainbow.png

rude

Banned
Let's not forget her most impressive studio vocal is actually the [ n e v e r e n d i n g ] LEAD THE WAYSUS.

Also let's choke 2 the oft forgotten but forever loved do you think of me and slipping away.

Memoirs is definitely her worst. The only track I still use is Candy Bling, and even that sounds like an auto-tune nightmare at certain points.

Rainbow is mostly garbaj, but it has enough redeeming value (Rainbow Interlude, Petals, Bliss, After Tonight) to justify its own existence, plus its iconiC album art is just so flawlessly extra

Mariah_Carey_Rainbow.png
Will you girls scream if I say that...I like....after tonight better than its sister my all? Omg I can't believe I [t y p e d] that. #forgivemebutterfly

Icicle

Gerls, I am CRYING.

10903442_824419457616836_488908300_n.jpg

No one is ready for the slayage that's about to take place.

The title is ICONIC and perfect for her journey.

Let's not forget her most impressive studio vocal is actually the [ n e v e r e n d i n g ] LEAD THE WAYSUS.

Also let's choke 2 the oft forgotten but forever loved do you think of me and slipping away.
Mariah her A+ deluxe B-sides

She'd already been estranged from Walter A. for a hot minute, so I'm curious why she decided to dig into the closet and include that Butterfly-era recording in Glitter.

To be honest, she should just do that now. No one's checking for her voice, lyrical content, or production now anyway, and it's hard to argue that she's developed as an artist much since TEoM, so just save yourself the trouble and release the (literally, check ASCAP) dozens of unreleased tracks from the 90s and early 00s as full studio albums.

Or at least leak them. Imagine waking up one morning to like SIXTY unreleased Daydream-era Mariah studio cuts? I'd unfortunately die of happiness before even getting to listen to a single track.

Will you girls scream if I say that...I like....after tonight better than its sister my all? Omg I can't believe I [t y p e d] that. #forgivemebutterfly
I do too. It's more sensual~

I also like I Wish You Well more than its sister track, Vanishing.

Touchdown

Banned

I still use My Slaying Grace and Through The Slain. And yes to the return of Janet. Never count out talent.

tumblr_inline_nemm4yQUdb1r2c2w7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom