• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Speaking of Miss Janet Jackson bring back memories when I was trying to understand POP-GAF (Like a year ago) and started reading some of the old OTs and stumbled upon one of the most bizarre Stan Wars between a Janet and a Madonna stan...

I got my absolute life with those posts, life changer tbh T_T

For those interested, you can find the posts here, here, here aaaaaan here...
Yep, that's who I was expecting they'd be. lol

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

Yep, and it's sad. MTV and Viacom pretty much kept Janet from getting play on anything other than Urban radio in the US. The treatment continued during 20 YO era, too. Was disgusting...especially considering Justin would go on to have his biggest era in music shortly after the incident.

A mess :( I miss Janet, she was somebody that really represented a true version of "fierce" to me, not the watered down version other singers like Beyonce peddle today
Also, Bayo's other post included a life altering BOP I had nearly forgotten about. AND my girl Missy Elliott too! yaaaaaasss

Yaaaas. Buy Cheek to Cheek LIVE DVD now.

!!!!

Is it out already? I'm gonna look for it when I head out to Best Buy today!

Speaking of Miss Janet Jackson bring back memories when I was trying to understand POP-GAF (Like a year ago) and started reading some of the old OTs and stumbled upon one of the most bizarre Stan Wars between a Janet and a Madonna stan...

I got my absolute life with those posts, life changer tbh T_T

For those interested, you can find the posts here, here, here aaaaaan here...

oooooooooooooooooh
wide-eyes.gif

I would have liked Phonomezer not gonna lie

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
We girls should arrange a plug.dj event to remember the old days. So many good memories and shade from these OTs 😭

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Everybody liked Phono. :(

I like to think that even Icicle, ha biggest rival, respected her.

Being dragged by Icicle or Phono was an achievement. If you were dragged by any of them that meant you truly belonged to the thread.

The essays were iconic.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
It was anticipation of MDNA that breathed life into PopGAF the first time....

Maybe Madonna can do it again...

Gurl I hope so cuz with all these leaks Madge's next era is already compromised. I'm even beginning to *think* she just might not get another #1
ermm.gif

Then again, Rebel Heart EP did go #1 in more than 40 countries with absolutely ZERO promo so maybe there ain't anything to worry about. One things for sure, the Queen Regent's next tour will slay and shatter records

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Coming for my taste with PEREZ HILTON.

be gone.

The reaction just made me laugh so I just wanted an excuse to post it
Nude beach isnt even that bad

But SERIOUS BUSINESS you all need to get into Celeb Big Brother, its only three days in and IT HAS BEEN GOING OFF, the most entertaining thing I've watched in months
edit; sexual assault, casual racism, drunken breakdowns and the gift of Katie Hopkins

Touchdown

Banned
But SERIOUS BUSINESS you all need to get into Celeb Big Brother, its only three days in and IT HAS BEEN GOING OFF, the most entertaining thing I've watched in months
edit; sexual assault, casual racism, drunken breakdowns and the gift of Katie Hopkins

AAAAAAHHHH Is it on in the US? Where can I watch?

8826d09d12.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
AAAAAAHHHH Is it on in the US? Where can I watch?

8826d09d12.gif

You can go here
Will probably need Hola unblocker or something but it should work
They'll be a bunch of brit hews but thats no difference to watching normal bb I guess

The Flop

Banned
This was the song on Idol that mad me realize Kellegend would win.

Voice crack and all. THE voice of our generation! When will your favs sound this good, without vocal sickness.

tumblr_lt861bBm4I1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Vitanimus

The reaction just made me laugh so I just wanted an excuse to post it
Nude beach isnt even that bad

right? I never watch big brother but I casually watched it while eating and LORD

Icicle

Everybody liked Phono. :(

I like to think that even Icicle, ha biggest rival, respected her.

Absolutely, she kept me on my toes. I'd love for her to return, if only so I can drag her for Rebel Shart's lack of impact.

Our stan war actually spilled over to PMs. Perhaps one day I will do a "Janet vs. Madonna: The Lost Episode" or something...

rude

Banned
Not popgaf inspiring me to make thematic mimi and janet playlists

my Reminiscariah Sextuplet w/Underneath The Stars, Long Ago, Fourth of July, The Roof, Lullaby, Candy Bling omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom