• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
When Hello Venus, who have been doing the cute concept since the start of their careers doing sexy better than Sistar we have a problem.
b65e77b5c7.gif

I love Sistar but Touch My Body is not the tea.

Imagine them doing the choreo with rollerblades and serve us a Korean Blow
beyonce-blow-2.gif

royalan

Since you guys were talking about K-Pop earlier...

I read this interview by CL earlier.

Didn't realize she actually WAS recording that English solo album. Gotta say, of all the K-Pop acts I've been exposed to, I feel she has the greatest chance to break the West. There's something very provocative about her, she's got swag for days, she's incredibly talented and, most importantly, she seems to have an understanding of the West and how the two music scenes differ.

I think she's gonna pull it off.

rude

Banned
The whole rapper Kpop aesthetic makes me so uncomfortable for obvious reasons, but I do enjoy all of CL's performances. I could see her getting a radio smash I guess.

Haters to the LEFT.

HeartBeat Song is an amazingly well done BOP.

Queen Kellegend is BACK. The tears. Just... flawless. She's giving me so much life rn.

iiUrTl8wFUA2G.gif

SaintZ

Who knows. She doesn't seem to like the album anymore based on her latest interviews.

I didn't like Kelly her song. The beginning reminds me of "We Got The Beat" and then it seems like it's building for something epic but it just falls flat :/ sorry Kellegend. Maybe it will grow on me.

Vazduh

Carly was in the studio with Ariel Reichtsaid and Dev Hynes. My body is not ready etc.

Not gonna lie, that HELLOVENUS song is a bit of a bop.

Oh, and Mark Ronson's album should be out today, it should make for a good listen.

It's like the high-budget 90s bubblegum pop era never ended-- the boybands even dance
4tNS6iS.gif

This is spot-on and definitely one of the reasons I occasionally enjoy K-Pop.

Since you guys were talking about K-Pop earlier...

I read this interview by CL earlier.

Thanks for the link, loved the interview. She seems pretty much ready for the US career, and I would love to see her happen.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Sorry for the double post, but if any of you like Paramore or that kind of music you'll want to check out PVRIS. The lead singer sounds a lot like Hayley but the music is eally good

PVRIS.jpg

You can stream their entire first album on youtube here

My House
Smoke

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I heard a PVRIS song in an ad and I was convinced Hayley Williams had left Paramore and joined another band. Their voices are seriously so eerily similar.

Yeah I heard them on the radio a couple of days ago and I thought Paramore had a new song out
As it turns out I'm enjoying these guys more than I have Paramore

Vazduh

Tove Lo - Talking Body (NSFW video)

This is a good example of a lower budget video done in a good way. It was edited to like one continuous take, although, of course, it's comprised of at least 8-10 long shots.

The song is still so-so, though.

Lana deleted all trace of Ultraviolence from her website lmao.

You know, if it were a really bad album (like, let's say, Chris Cornell's Scream), I'd understand, but Ultraviolence is a solid one through and through.

Neptune

I'm glad Kelly Clarkson is a complete non-entity outside the U.S., because it means I'll thankfully never have the misfortune of accidentally listening to "Heartbeat Song" on the radio or anywhere else ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom