• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Lana deleted all trace of Ultraviolence from her website lmao.
Just as we all should do with that album in our playlists tbh...

aSkGO5R.gif

It was NOT a bad album but some of the songs in there were so boring to listen even when the good ones are really good, or maybe I found some boring since I was so hyped for the alber.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
of course prodigy would go on tour in a place that I can actually get to with ease right in the middle of exam period
stupid cunts how dare they
iy9wGdG4X9LmW.gif

I must laugh for if not I would weep

of course prodigy would go on tour in a place that I can actually get to with ease right in the middle of exam period
stupid cunts how dare they
iy9wGdG4X9LmW.gif

I must laugh for if not I would weep
When I was in high school my best friend was having ha final exams and she had a French exam the night of the Gaga concert
It was only the second time Gaga had ever come to the Philippines (I used to live there)

I went and she hated me for it tbh

Since you guys were talking about K-Pop earlier...

I read this interview by CL earlier.

Didn't realize she actually WAS recording that English solo album. Gotta say, of all the K-Pop acts I've been exposed to, I feel she has the greatest chance to break the West. There's something very provocative about her, she's got swag for days, she's incredibly talented and, most importantly, she seems to have an understanding of the West and how the two music scenes differ.

I think she's gonna pull it off.

I think we talked about this before. CL is going to make it. Had faith in her since day one and haven't gave up since. I think overall 2NE1 is the only group out of Kore who have the potential to really make it out here. Give them a DJ Mustard track, and they hype.

Never heard of this but she slayed it. What makes her just better than Iggy is, she isn't putting on a fake accent to sound hard. She's been doing it since 09'.

Her flow does sound nice. She didn't struggle at all. Found a clip of CL spitting a Nicki verse. They both have potential

I loved this. Also when she did the cover to Drake's Marvin Room...She slayed right there too

I disagree in the highest regards. Ailee sounds more like Jessie J in that entire performance. I love Hyo but she has no real power in her voice. Ailee does, and Ailee was doing Jessie J's part to the exact Tea. Hyorin is definitely more finer

She's a very sweet singer

SaintZ

Tove Lo - Talking Body (NSFW video)

This is a good example of a lower budget video done in a good way. It was edited to like one continuous take, although, of course, it's comprised of at least 8-10 long shots.

The song is still so-so, though.

You know, if it were a really bad album (like, let's say, Chris Cornell's Scream), I'd understand, but Ultraviolence is a solid one through and through.
I liked Tove's video. I thought I was going to hate it based on the previews but that wasn't the case. I was also a lot more tamer than I was expecting. I like the song and I hope it becomes a moderate hit.

As for Lana... I don't think she thinks it's a bad album. She has said she loves it but she's in a different place right now than when she was recording it. Also, she got in trouble when trying to explain some of the songs (Fucked My Way To The Top, Ultraviolence) and of course the bad promo after the "I wish I was dead already" comments. So I think she probably wants to move on into her next era as soon as possible and forget the bad times.

Mumei

BITCH, You will NOT come for Sistar with your floppy ass faves who don't even MEASURE to HYOGOD's talented-realness. And HEWWWW IS ARIANA GRANDE when HYOSUS was already belting out bomb ass vocals, killing all your faves consecutively with all kills since her existence labeling her the BEYONCE of Kpop? I think not.

dying

I've only seen Hyorin on that Michael Bolton special. She wasn't bad, but everyone was eclipsed by SoHyallah.

B-Dex

10x? how cute

My fave, who has had lasting relevancy, is 20x VEVO Certified

Yeah but who is checking for Rhat? It's not surprising a singles artist would have a higher count. The plebs use YouTube like an iPod.

Also. My fav may only have half the certs. But she also only has half the amount of albums Fenty shits out.

cory64

Yeah but who is checking for Rhat? It's not surprising a singles artist would have a higher count. The plebs use YouTube like an iPod.

This fallacy. Rhat is a flop singles artist, but she's been consistent for almost a decade and can still get a platinum alber. Applesauce is the uncurtained wizard's only certified video since Judas, her hot streak ended nearly 4 years ago.

Gaga has 5 albums, Rihanna has 7, though debuting 3 years prior to Gaga. You tried.

Vazduh

She may seem like an easy target to ridicule now, but just you wait until the Canadian 1,5 hit wonder LEGEND Carly Raepist takes a major Rooibos-scented dump all over your faves with her upcoming album.

giphy.gif

The collective efforts of Max Martin, Yelle, Benny Blanco, Stargate, Ariel Recthshaid, Devonté Hynes and Josh Ramsay will ensure that not only your wig falls off like this

dobR7kR.gif

but that it also stays on the ground.

I6LVNfE.gif

As for Lana... I don't think she thinks it's a bad album. She has said she loves it but she's in a different place right now than when she was recording it. Also, she got in trouble when trying to explain some of the songs (Fucked My Way To The Top, Ultraviolence) and of course the bad promo after the "I wish I was dead already" comments. So I think she probably wants to move on into her next era as soon as possible and forget the bad times.

Your explanation makes sense, but still, man... It's just weird how she decided to "erase" the entire era. Oh well, onto the next one.

Hmm. I am not sure I understand the video. I like this song. I really hope they release Just Like Me and High Society as singles. (and Runaways and Glory Days) :p

It's quite simple, actually - Betty's dumped by her boyfriend, she calls her BFF and takes revenge on him. That's it. And yeah, I'd love to see those songs you've mentioned as singles, too!

I'm listening to BTW again recently and what a hot
The Edge of Glory is an absolute SLAY even though she's talking about her grandfather and then dancing in hell and jumping off a cliff
When will you

B-Dex

I'm listening to BTW again recently and what a hot
The Edge of Glory is an absolute SLAY even though she's talking about her grandfather and then dancing in hell and jumping off a cliff
When will you

The edge of glory is such a bop. Lemme listen right now.

Dat sax.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ultraviolence is back on the site. It seems that a glitch happened and the default page was the Born To Die one.

In other news I'm still getting life from the Korean Thot Anthem Wiggle Wiggle.
2c588d41a6.gif

Meowster

The Edge of Glory & Marry The Night are so good. I never skip them when they come on the radio (lol @ the possibility of Marry The Night playing on the radio).

Government Hooker & Bloody Mary too.

The Edge of Glory & Marry The Night are so good. I never skip them when they come on the radio (lol @ the possibility of Marry The Night playing on the radio).

Government Hooker & Bloody Mary too.
Do you remember Marry The Night Download Day? It was a campaign organised by LMs to help Marry The Night chart in the US after it was announced as a single and it had an amazing impact
in that it did nothing
po3RDVm.gif

Still a life giving slay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom