• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

I'm not sure I understand the question
tumblr_lldfji2fZz1qzf76g.gif

Is Gaga still hugely popular, meaning does she have much starpower now as she used to back in 2011? This is regarding the U.S only, sorry for the confusion
tumblr_lldfji2fZz1qzf76g.gif

Everybody in the US knows who Lady Gaga is, but her last hit was in 2013 so she's a bit off the radar right now. She still has major pull though, and it's one of those things where the public will be ready to shoot her up to the top again once she re-commits to her more approachable style ala Pokerface. If her next album does what the people want then she'll be back in full force imo, and a Superbowl gig could come with that

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
+44 was everything

Box Car Racer tho...
Everybody in the US knows who Lady Gaga is, but her last hit was in 2013 so she's a bit off the radar right now. She still has major pull though, and it's one of those things where the public will be ready to shoot her up to the top again once she re-commits to her more approachable style ala Pokerface. If her next album does what the people want then she'll be back in full force imo, and a Superbowl gig could come with that

Which song in 2013?

Floridian

I asked because I'm not a huge follower on Gaga, and the last time I've fully liked/heard her albums was back in her TF/TFM days. I only used a few songs from BTW ,disliked pretty much the entirety of ARTPOP, and ignored C2C. If her next album is truly something like TFM, i'll welcome her back. She has opportunity of securing a halftime show in the future, and if it does happen it should be something as memorable and effective as her 2009 MTV paparazzi performance.

rude

Banned
this gaga speculation is honestly exhausting. you are unrealistically optimistic if you think anything about gaga has changed psychologically from ARTPOP to wherever she is now. she does not know how to reign in her shitty ideas, she will not become a better lyricist over night, and her look will continue to be tired and contrived; expect something utterly ridiculous come 2016.

Mau ®

this gaga speculation is honestly exhausting. you are unrealistically optimistic if you think anything about gaga has changed psychologically from ARTPOP to wherever she is now. she does not know how to reign in her shitty ideas, she will not become a better lyricist over night, and her look will continue to be tired and contrived; expect something utterly ridiculous come 2016.

Basically.

Bookmarking you for the drag of your life in 2016
hopefully

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

pinpoint her issues a bit

i live in hope that she realises that she needs people around her to do the heavy lifting tbh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

If she's booking festivals that means that we should have new music before then right!?
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Queen still ending me a year later

A true bop with longevity

ihkgCGdE3t1OQ.gif

the one-two punch of kiss going into skirt has sent me to a higher plane
sometimes shuffle gets it so right

Aguila

#ICONIC
If she's booking festivals that means that we should have new music before then right!?
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif

You mean Florence?

She's supposed to have a single out next week/this week/soon called What Kind of Man, and the video was filmed in Mexico I believe.

And her second single is Queen of Peace according to some marketing dude on twitter.

And these tracks have been registered:

What Kind of Man
Queen of Peace
Caught
As Far As I Could Get
Hiding
I Wanna Be With You
Made of Stone
Pure Feeling
St Jude
Unbeliever

iQ0Qk7Z8y9cx3.gif

I don't need you or your brand new Benz
Or your bougie friends.
I don't need love looking like diamonds
Looking like diamonds

(get sleazy, get sleazy, get sleazy,
Get sleazy, get sleazy, get sleazy,
Get sleazy, get sleazy
I'mma get get sleazy, get sleazy, get sleazy,
I'mma get get sleazy, get sleazy, get sleazy, oh!)

[Chorus:]
Or your bougie friends
And I don't need love looking like diamonds
Looking like diamonds
Or your bougie friends
And I don't need love looking like diamonds
Looking like diamonds

vyuzqas.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.