• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
WaiT is that Mariah's vocals on the track?
ed2305b7.png

It slays
ed2305b7.png

edit: Nevermind, it's kinda basic

You have an ugly tattoo and fucking cheap perfume
You couldn't dance, barely moved and didn't know what to do
You have a friend in the band but they're not that cool
You say you love me
OK, let's rock

Everything was wrong with you
So breaking up was easy to do
Hate your friends and your family, too
So breaking up was easy to do
Breaking up
Breaking up
Breaking up

ibh7AhkYzZ54fQ.gif

Floridian

Not Mariah's 1 second sample slaying everything else on the album. Queen better get some coins out of this mess.
ahh.gif

They're basically a riding coattail group. They have to mention Michelle Obama, Kanye, overuse popular urban terms, and credit Mariah Carey just to try to get people to listen to their music. I don't know how long they'll last.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
You mean Florence?

She's supposed to have a single out next week/this week/soon called What Kind of Man, and the video was filmed in Mexico I believe.

And her second single is Queen of Peace according to some marketing dude on twitter.

And these tracks have been registered:

What Kind of Man
Queen of Peace
Caught
As Far As I Could Get
Hiding
I Wanna Be With You
Made of Stone
Pure Feeling
St Jude
Unbeliever

iQ0Qk7Z8y9cx3.gif

wait wait wait that soon!?
aaaah how exciting, I knew the album was getting mastered but I wasnt aware that it would happen so quick
Those tracks all sound like slays too

edit; I'm not sure whether any of you gus are into The Prodigy, but their newest song is the hottest shit

Nemesis_

So PopGAF I have a friend who's a bit of an indie artist who is starting to actually get a budget and while I am not as close with her as I used to be she's just put out her new video frm her "proper" launch and I really like both the song and the visual.

Her name is Grace and the song is called Pluto

She's a bit different but I am sure some will appreciate. I am super proud to be friends with someone like this :D

3phemeral

So PopGAF I have a friend who's a bit of an indie artist who is starting to actually get a budget and while I am not as close with her as I used to be she's just put out her new video frm her "proper" launch and I really like both the song and the visual.

She's a bit different but I am sure some will appreciate. I am super proud to be friends with someone like this :D

Cool video. I'm liking the style and she has a sort of androgynous tone during some of those verses. Definite potential for liking more of her music.

B-Dex

Mess at the US thirsting over another prepubescent Canadian boy.

P U R I T A N America indeed.

I hope y'all enjoy Shawn Mendes.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;149362754 said:
The new Imagine Dragons single is amazing.
its alright, they can do and have done better

not my cup of tea musically but the video was great
I like the chorus but the verses arent doing it for me, will give it a few more plays though

royalan

For some reason, part of me always wants Katy Perry to win. I want to like her as much as I sometimes hate her.

And she's really the only threat to Rihanna's Queen of Pop status (and sorry again, Taylor doesn't count, she'll never be Queen).

No wonder Rihanna keeps her so close...

royalan

Mau ®;149443082 said:
But she is...

I don't think Taylor Swift will ever really be in contention for Queen of Pop because so much of her success originated in and exists because of the Country audience. Hell, this is her first album that people consider truly Pop, and even her PR was careful to label it an experiment at first.

She will never be Queen.

But Rihanna and Katy Perry are examples of girls who truly live Dat Pop Life.

Partition

Banned
I don't think Taylor Swift will ever really be in contention for Queen of Pop because so much of her success originated in and exists because of the Country audience. Hell, this is her first album that people consider truly Pop, and even her PR was careful to label it an experiment at first.

She will never be Queen.

But Rihanna and Katy Perry are examples of girls who truly live Dat Pop Life.

how long will you deny beyonce for these lesser girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom