• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes because thats what people expect and wanted out of her so there is no reason for a backlash

Praying that the rest of the album is different and that the second single is hurried out the door

Girl what backlash. It's a cute approachable single that has some authentic, artistic suave and that's inevitably a good look for her.

Just because its not a run of the mill pop song doesn't mean her life is in trouble, it's like we only want artists to take risks or try new things as long as we fall in love with the material immediately. Let ha be, sis

Floridian

Why do people still care about the iTunes charts? Like they still mean something...

I mean, when Azealia Bank's album hit #3 on the chart and everyone was talking about that being a big deal, then we found out she only did 9k first week? Kiii

iTunes charts are no longer a measure of real impact. It's a measure of what 13 year-olds are buying.

RIP iTunes.

Damn banks did that bad?? No wonder she's bitter all the time
lupe1.png

Yado

Girl what backlash. It's a cute approachable single that has some authentic, artistic suave and that's inevitably a good look for her.

Just because its not a run of the mill pop song doesn't mean her life is in trouble, it's like we only want artists to take risks or try new things as long as we fall in love with the material immediately. Let ha be, sis

Well, yeah.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why do people still care about the iTunes charts? Like they still mean something...

I mean, when Azealia Bank's album hit #3 on the chart and everyone was talking about that being a big deal, then we found out she only did 9k first week? Kiii

iTunes charts are no longer a measure of real impact. It's a measure of what 13 year-olds are buying.

RIP iTunes.

Dont under sell her she did 11k
very respectable

bitch omaha brought up the backlash not me
but not you going the authentic route because shes just singing over a guitar
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

what have you become?

jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

what have you become?

Whoops I quoted the wrong person, my bad :p

And it's authentic for RIH considering it's the first single of hers not inspired by molly or Chris Brown, I give credit where it's due. Poor thing had to sit through 12 days of Kanye soliloquies about his ass mole and being called "Bayonse" by Sir McCartney in the studio to make this a reality. That's artistry, and I have a feeling that 2015 will finally be the year that Rihanna learns to spell it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

And it's authentic for RIH considering it's the first single of hers not inspired by molly or Chris Brown, I give credit where it's due. Poor thing had to sit through 12 days of Kanye soliloquies about his ass mole and being called "Bayonse" by Sir McCartney in the studio to make this a reality. That's artistry, and I have a feeling that 2015 will finally be the year that Rihanna learns to spell it.

iFMd3ZcYL0X7H.gif

this triple shade, much better

Floridian

jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

what have you become?

lol, what drama is this o.o

I appreciate rih for going towards a more artistic approach myself but to say there's no blacklash among all listeners/fans of the song who waited 2.5 years for her to release new music isn't true. I've gotten feedback from friends saying they hated the song or that it's her worst single. Do I agree with them, no, but even I think this wasn't the best single for her to start with after a hiatus. Many people weren't expecting acoustic rih along with kanye/paul, so I'd understand if they were disappointed in a way. She's allowed to take risks, but you can't expect everyone to agree with the outcome. It's on a small scale though, so i'm not bothered by it, and neither is rih because judging by her reaction of the song releasing, she was satisfied with her product.

Touchdown

Banned
Dipblow on Swift:

Like, Taylor Swift fans are really crazy. They threatened to murder me and stuff. It's really bizarre, and disgusting. They're the worst people in the world." Taylor Swift is very strategic with her friends and enemies. And I know lots of secrets. I can't divulge, but I know a lot of stuff about her. And she's definitely, there's definitely scary stuff going on. And I'm scared. I'm scared for my life."
Source

Swift will have him dead if he spills the tea? o.o

Taylor-Swift-AMA-3.gif

royalan

Is this a surprise to anyone? I mean, it made for a great stan moment, but does anyone REALLY think that all of those celebrities who had never even been associated with Swift previously suddenly decided to show up to her birthday party (while making sure to take "totally casual" selfies) because Swift is just this totally awesome person that every celeb loves? Like Hollywood is suddenly the Best Friends Club? lol

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Taylor Swift is unattractive, boring, only vaguely talented, and likely racist, but I'll never say I don't respect her because the team she surrounds herself with is the best in the business. Period.

I mean, it must have taken the talent and ingenuity of fucking NASA to make what is basically the Pop equivalent of a bologna sandwich made on gluten-free bread the biggest act in the game, especially compared to all the #BadBitches who came before her.

Work, Taylor. I guess.

Cynosure

"1989" is the first album to sell 4 million copies since... @TaylorSwift13's last album! http://t.co/7QgqsTBPUa
— billboard (@billboard) January 24, 2015

-all her albums now have at least 4mil sales, with fearless having the most (6.9 mil)
-she basically outsold two years of red in 12 weeks
-1989 is also the first album to sell 4mil in 12 weeks since usher's confessions in 2004
-in total she sold 27 mil albums in the us which is a lot i guess
-all that while she's whale watching in hawaii. what a life

ibjsiYX30LcK4L.gif

genuinely salty as fuck tbh

cory64

Global Quen, her indie buzz single slaying

FourFiveSeconds
#1 Azerbaijan
#1 Barbados
#1 Belize
#1 Bermuda
#1 Egypt
#1 Ghana
#1 Kenya
#1 Namibia
#1 Nigeria
#1 Paraguay
#1 Slovenia
#1 Sweden
#1 The Bahamas
#1 Turkey
#1 Uganda
#1 Ukraine
#2 Brazil
#2 Czech Republic
#2 France
#2 Hungary
#2 Israel
#2 Malta
#3 Argentina
#3 Bulgaria
#3 Costa Rica
#3 Denmark
#3 Finland
#3 Latvia
#3 Poland
#3 Slovakia
#3 United States
#4 Canada
#4 Greece
#4 Lebanon
#4 Spain
#5 Norway
#5 Portugal
#6 Guatemala
#6 Lithuania
#6 New Zealand
#6 Romania
#7 Ireland
#7 Peru
#7 United Arab Emirates
#8 Netherlands
#8 Trinidad and Tobago
#10 Chile
#10 Dominican Republic
#10 Indonesia
#10 Russia

ibvDJ7HjQkS23b.gif

Floridian

I played it 16 times. I wish radio can release that version instead for the souls who do listen to radio music, cuz it's really addicting.
tumblr_mywgduyJUB1r05vkso1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom