• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;152991650 said:
ch...

Y'all are a mess. I'm getting high. Good night.

My PM is open if you wanna send "dumb" stuff while high. XOXO
715.gif

Did Touchdown steal Pupi's identity too?
Quien es Toca abajo?

3phemeral

Yes, what is the point of Mariah's career?
Setting a standard of talent and success so high that your faves will never reach. Inspiring the lessors both commercially and substantively.

ibbxsRfh2xCwWC.gif

Btw while we're all here, how many copies of ARTPOP did each of you buy? I bought 4, 2 digital, 2 physical.
Three. The physical that I bought from Amazon, the Digital version they give you for free, and the one they sent because they thought they lost the first shipment.

Wiq8J7

Lmao @ all the shitty things Kanyenot said in that interview tho omg
Trash will be traaaaash

Edit: this is unrelated to Gaga gifs and shit, it just came up on my Twitter tl

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ellie Goulding needs to GET IT TOGETHER.

Her EDM chart chasing is a smear on her career. #Justice4BrightLights

what
but love me like you do is shaping up to be her biggest song
and her edm stuff is legit flawless

Nemesis_

The Bangerz Tour was better than Prismatic and the ArtGrave.

Having attended all three I have to disagree. I loved the idea of the Bangerz tour, it was like a bad John Waters film come to life (with tinges of Ren and Stimpy) but the girl can't sing for shit. She was just fucking shouting the entire time to the point where she was almost inaudible at some points.

But attending made me appreciate the album a lot more. FU and Drive were absolutely fantastic.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I live for this taylor/nicki collab thing
4Vbqf2j.gif

Got this in my Google Now feed and it slays. Some snippets

What artists are you listening to right now?

I’m listening to my own songs [laughs]. To be honest, I am doing sessions right now and working on my album, and I try not to listen to other people’s music because I don’t want to copy anyone’s style. I can listen and be inspired by other artists, but not while I am doing sessions. I want to write my own story. I was in 2NE1 before, but going solo, it’s going to be a new sound.

Who influences you musically?

Female rappers. I like Foxy Brown, Lil’ Kim, Queen Latifah, Eve…I love that kind of rough vibe. I grew up listening to them. These days, you have YouTube and the Internet, but when I was younger you had to buy a CD. It was harder to listen to the music from [America] and even their style was more rare. They were from a different world, from their look to their voices to the music.

Why does this feel like the right time to record an English album? Was it your plan from the beginning to debut in the U.S.?

We have been talking about this for a long time, so for me it feels more like, Finally! We’re doing it. And it’s about time. Everything just fell into place. I grew up listening to English bands and American pop, so it always felt natural for me to sing in English. Now that I have been an artist in Asia for 8 years, I feel like challenging a new crowd.

There is a running theme of female empowerment in your music, which is impactful in a male-dominated genre like hip hop. Is this one of the main messages of your music?

I feel like Asian women are especially represented in a certain way all over the world. The image is very timid and obedient, and I’m the complete opposite of that. I want people to know we’re not always like that. When you look at the artists in J-pop or K-pop, there is a standard: 7 girls wearing the same clothes, very cute and shy. I just want to say there are stronger women like me. I like those groups too, but I want to let the world know that that’s not everything. Sending that message through music is what I do best. I want to lead by example.

Source

That last line was THICK. Did she lie? Either way, I am excited for her solo debut. I think she is definitely one of the most deserving K-pop acts to go Solo and has the most intelligence musically to be the first Asian to do so. So far it seems like she knows what she wants to do and the direction she wants her music to reach. I like that it's strong and I feel that were a lot of Asian acts came here doing the exact opposite. She is a bad bitch and she can do it. The Asian Nicki is coming!

rhandino

Banned
Wait, Ten Love Songs is slaying me and is not even the 2nd song.

Accelerate
tiJdxY9.png

--

Also eugh at FIRO, may she drop her music career and fully embrace her true passion. Was acting or modeling?

royalan

Even if you were a million miles away
I can still feel you in my bed
Near me, touch me, feel me

And even at the bottom of the sea
I could still hear inside my head
Telling me, touch me, feel me
And all the time, you were telling me lies

So tonight, I'm gonna find a way to make it without you
Tonight, I'm gonna find a way to make it without you
I'm gonna hold on to the times that we had

Have you ever try sleeping with a broken heart?
Well you could try sleeping in my bed
Lonely, own me, nobody ever shut it down like you

You wore the crown, you made my body feel heaven bound
Why don't you hold me, need me
I thought you told me, you'd never leave me

Looking in the sky I could see your face
Then I knew right where I fit in
Take me, make me, you know that I'll always be in love with you
Right till the end

Anybody could've told you right from the start it's 'bout to fall apart
So rather than hold on to a broken dream I'll just hold on to love
And I could find a way to make it, don't hold on too tight
I'll make it without you tonight

Tonight, I'm gonna find a way to make it without yo

8L4G85B.gif

rhandino

Banned
the Accelerate -> Fade Away transition

i legit clapped tbh
tiJdxY9.png

---

Not Kamikaze making me feel sad T_T

Did you ever feel you're heartbroken?
Did you ever feel like it's the end of the world?
The bells are ringing, but the blood's stop pumping
As I feel the weight of the fall

They say help is near, but no one here can feel our fear
It's a minefield this will never disappear

MVuAOFD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom