• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

thoughtful-oprah.gif

I don't even like Madonna that much beyond her two perfect albums but it is so undeniable.

If Mariah bothered to sit up for once in her life and tour she could not dream of commanding anywhere near as much of a crowd as Madonna can now, even with shit albums.

Madonna has been relevant from 1983 all the way through to 2008. From then on, it's been downhill, yes. But even with a shit album in 2012 she still did many things to prove she was still relevant at least in terms of commercial performance.

Mariah on the other hand is shit, sorry

I'm talking about 90's Mariah. Yeah, she's pretty average now, but then? Even better than Madonna, who was also amazing during the 90's.

But unlike Mariah, Madonna's work from the past decade has been just fucking terrible. Bad album after bad album. Her shittyness just won't stop.

Mariah's last few albums haven't been offending.

I guess if we cherry picked decades or random year intevals like that we could make anyone look great

I refuse to believe that any of you are enjoying The Order QTE #1886

it is so boring I cannot especially in this first chapter

like i just had to press square to OPEN A DOOR and I failed it while typing this post so I got shot dead but WHY is this POINTLESS SEQUENCE a QTE in a broing cutscene

i am solike

omgrndkjc

thaank fuck we can return games in australia
It gets better when it lets you play it tbh
I'm on chapter 3 or 4 now and it's more enjoyable. But your French companion is a stereotypical womanising douche which is really boring. Stop writing this character type pls

Also ya Mariah is ok at best
All I Want For Christmas Is You is the only thing she's really good for tbh

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't even like Madonna that much beyond her two perfect albums but it is so undeniable.

If Mariah bothered to sit up for once in her life and tour she could not dream of commanding anywhere near as much of a crowd as Madonna can now, even with shit albums.

Madonna has been relevant from 1983 all the way through to 2008. From then on, it's been downhill, yes. But even with a shit album in 2012 she still did many things to prove she was still relevant at least in terms of commercial performance.

Mariah on the other hand is shit, sorry
Relevance doesn't mean shit if the output is mediocre. Madonna's relevance these days are more of a joke of her latest performances acting like she is young rebel girl (which credit to her she does work her ass off on stage and does way more than girls half her age)

Mariah has better consistency in her discography because even the albums that are not "good" manage to have a handful of bops. Even if her live performances skills have degraded she has a discography that has undeniable quality and live performances can't change that part.

Nemesis_

It gets better when it lets you play it tbh
I'm on chapter 3 or 4 now and it's more enjoyable. But your French companion is a stereotypical womanising douche which is really boring. Stop writing this character type pls

Also ya Mariah is ok at best
All I Want For Christmas Is You is the only thing she's really good for tbh

It's because people are like LOL HOW COOL IS THIS GUY. It's like Stifler all over again.

The gameplay is cute but it's just not that interesting if you've already played all of the games it's so derivative of (Gears of War, Uncharted etc). I just wish the guns had more brunt to them and that it was more.....well.....violent. Everything feels week and pithy

Relevance doesn't mean shit if the output is mediocre. Madonna's relevance these days are more of a joke of her latest performances acting like she is young rebel girl (which credit to her she does work her ass off on stage and does way more than girls half her age)

Mariah has better consistency in her discography because even the albums that are not "good" manage to have a handful of bops. Even if her live performances skills have degraded she has a discography that has undeniable quality and live performances can't change that part.

Literally everything you've said about Mariah can be levelled against Madonna as well though :|

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the first three tracks on mdna + love spent are pretty good

if there were a 'handful of bops' on mariah's latest album, i was lucky enough not to hear them

i heard that one that everyone was calling 'firework, but better!' and it was a heap of shit, so i kind of gave up after that

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
yes go in on katy for donating only $5000

meanwhile how much did your multi-million dollar fave donate?

oh right. fall back.

Latch

Biscuit still goes in.
9cf9812014.gif

this is a mess
she's doing way too much with her voice

This is literally the same for both girls...

yes go in on katy for donating only $5000

meanwhile how much did your multi-million dollar fave donate?

oh right. fall back.
My multi million dollar fave was to busy liberating the gays and repealing gay marriage bans to bother with TLC
Although she did take the time to write them a slay which is far more than Kathleen can ever say she did.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tbh i just can't with how bothered and pressed the munsters have become ever since katy became the biggest popstar in the world and gaga became the biggest flop in recent history

the amount of pressedness and seething from that group whenever the mother perrysa's name is mentioned

i'll say a prayer for you all tonight that you overcome your troubling and difficult times, and stop trying to come for katy for donating literally thousands of dollars to a kickstarter to get a new tlc alber

TeNhR5l.gif

and yet if Ga Ga donated only $5k to a charity you would come for her
NOT here for this double standard, AM here for when Katy stops being queen and success focused """"stans"" start tearing into her the way they did Gaga
TeNhR5l.gif

#MusicNotTheBling
TeNhR5l.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't really recall coming for gaga for donating money to charity, so have fun with the fantasy scenarios you concoct for yourself. don't let yourself get too involved in them though; remember that no matter how much you wish it were true, ARTPOP was still a flop and Prism still slayed.

Mau ®

Congratulations to Rhat on her 27th bday. I think she already passed the lifetime expectancy of an average barbadian so that's a big accomplishment for ha.

Make sure to congratulate our former popstar now Folk Singer on this blessed day.

rhandino

Banned
Last night I was given life to the sounds of Queen Rihanna, may she bless our souls releasing her next single today.

C9a3vxu.gif

Oh, apparently Kanye has an interview talking about lovely things like his fashion career, Kardashians vs Amber Rose and more importantly, R8.

Link

Mau ®

The video for the next Rihanna single was shot today/last night. It's for the lead HOME single.

Her "Happy" is coming.

C9a3vxu.gif

Oh, apparently Kanye has an interview talking about lovely things like his fashion career, Kardashians vs Amber Rose and more importantly, R8.

Link

What did he say? I can't play it :(

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;152919257 said:
What did he say? I can't play it :(

"I know you all going to say "I don't like FourFiveSeconds"

"I got this one record with Young Thug that I'm gonna put on the Rihanna album"

Edit: Try using this YouTube link it's a very long interview (almost 60 min) but I am still at minute 20.

Edit2: Wow, I love how he talks about how he wants that people listen to his music, so passionate. =D (It's not shade, he really sounds like a nice person wanting to share what he makes being music or fashion)

Mau ®

Edit2: Wow, I love how he talks about how he wants that people listen to his music, so passionate. =D (It's not shade, he really sounds like a nice person wanting to share what he makes being music or fashion)

So far I'm loving this interview. I'm listening to it all. I like he how talks business.

rhandino

Banned
"When Beyonce Records her album.. She puts pictures of Kim on the wall as inspiration of Powerful women"

zEP9Nbl.png

The interview is amazing tbh, I like how candid he sounds, the part about the racial tension is kind of heartwarming.

Meowster

John Mayer @JohnMayer
I know this is going to sound like I’m trying to stir up media, but I have huge respect for Lady Gaga and I wanna tell you why.

John Mayer @JohnMayer
She released a record that didn’t get the love she was probably hoping for, which happens to REAL artists. And she’s stood by it.

John Mayer @JohnMayer
There is no desperate attempt to be as successful as before by any means necessary, no Artpop 2.0 with cynically produced hits.

John Mayer @JohnMayer
I respect artists who release music they believe in and with a slow steady pulse while doing it, live or die.

John Mayer @JohnMayer
So yah. fin. Carry on Gaga. I can dig it. Everyone else should, too.
Ugh. John Mayer is so kind.
67d90ee8.gif

Yeah, on the Mariah debate, I've never been able to get into her save for a couple of singles (mainly from the Emancipation album era). I never hear any of her songs from the 90s apart from Hero. Elusive Chanteuse was decent though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
zEP9Nbl.png

The interview is amazing tbh, I like how candid he sounds, the part about the racial tension is kind of heartwarming.

l\jflahcdnfawem
what complete and utter bollocks
like fuck did she

Ugh. John Mayer is so kind.
67d90ee8.gif

Yeah, on the Mariah debate, I've never been able to get into her save for a couple of singles (mainly from the Emancipation album era). I never hear any of her songs from the 90s apart from Hero. Elusive Chanteuse was decent though.
Everything he said was true except:
John Mayer @JohnMayer
She released a record that didn’t get the love she was probably hoping for, which happens to REAL artists. And she’s stood by it.
She COMPLETELY abandoned ARTPOP after Dec 2013. Like yeah, she did the tour, but it was the shortest tour she's done yet, and she did literally 0 promo after the G.U.Y. performance on Letterman. The G.U.Y. video felt like something to appease fans and nothing more. It still makes me kind of upset tbh cus ARTPOP as an era had so much promise, and then it was fucked up with the app flop/management issues/DWUW vs Venus nonsense etc. Such a shame.

Meowster

Everything he said was true except:

She COMPLETELY abandoned ARTPOP after Dec 2013. Like yeah, she did the tour, but it was the shortest tour she's done yet, and she did literally 0 promo after the G.U.Y. performance on Letterman. The G.U.Y. video felt like something to appease fans and nothing more. It still makes me kind of upset tbh cus ARTPOP as an era had so much promise, and then it was fucked up with the app flop/management issues/DWUW vs Venus nonsense etc. Such a shame.
G.U.Y. was her giving Artpop a proper funeral.
67d90ee8.gif

Mau ®

The ARTPOP era was a mess because of Gaga IMO. Most the things they had set up were very good promo spots. She just mostly botched it.

The C2C era was better executed but that's because another brand was at stake (Bennet), so she had to behave. She had to work within the confines of the brand's values. Let's hope she and her team learned a bit from that for her future pop efforts

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
doesn't doa sexualise its guys too

i mean properly sexualise, not the kind pisspoor double standard that gaming side generally thinks makes thinks okay

i'm sure i saw some screenshots on a gay tumblr of one of the male characters in some skimpy little swimming shorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom