• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
That dress is pretty damn unflattering.

Meanwhile, Mariana's dress is nice but eek @ her makeup.

tumblr_nkc96a4lW21r3ptbfo1_540.jpg
Why is the red carpet so quiet around her
f5YRn6M.jpg

Marina has actual talent tho. She'll be fine. Katy Perry is the main big popstar around currently that is a fad by every definition. She doesn't have much to fall back on.

Mau ®

Perra hasn't had much to fall back on since her rise in 2008. It's been 7 years. At this point we should just agree that she's gonna be around for a while.

Until she gets impregnated by some B-list Rocker and then she finds Jesus again.

Zutroy

Is Kelly releasing a new song everyday until her albums out? A new one called Run Run Run is out featuring John Legend. It's a bit of an epic ballad. Her vocals have been on point so far this album.

Mau ®;153650693 said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves sistren. Gaga had an universally acclaimed tribute performance but it in no way signals a return. Especially a pop one. She's been slaying with songs from other people, not with hers.

EDIT: Kind of reminds of me of fighters getting excited for an actual comeback because Xtina did well with her MLJ/The Pitbull song everyone already forgot.

People have been talking about Gaga in the past week at the same volume they used to at her peak. The difference this time however is that people are giving respect for her chops, and not just a watercooler "oh god did you see what Gaga did" moment. She hasn't gotten those kinds of props before. It's not a guarantee that whatever she releases next will be a huge hit (we can never really predict that), but what that performance did is remind people that Gaga's still full of surprises, and I can see many more eyes on her now that she's rolling in the next era.

It's all about the material she releases, but if this exposure keeps up by that time, and her lead single is what the people wanna hear, she might just launch herself back on top. She seems to be laying the foundations for a comeback really well so far, so hopefully she keeps it up.

Majmun

Mariana sounds like she's struggling when singing live. It doesn't sound natural, at all. Her voice will sound like howling shit when she's going to near her 40's.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am simply [ n o t ] here for a conventional Gaga. If she starts serving olde timey diva teas just because she got some props for her boring Oscars performance I don't think I'll ever get back on that bandwagon. It's lazy and boring. She needs another meat dress.

Lmao @ the 2009 clip
Because Lana was SO good when she first performed live... and now she's gotten quite good tbh.

Anyway, I'm really hoping I can get tix for Marina's London show :( it would make my trip tbh.

Edit: fucking hell, watching the video that's such a stupid link to post. One of her first public performances BEFORE HER FIRST ALBUM IS EVEN OUT.
T5MkQpi.gif
try again

Sydle

People have been talking about Gaga in the past week at the same volume they used to at her peak. The difference this time however is that people are giving respect for her chops, and not just a watercooler "oh god did you see what Gaga did" moment. She hasn't gotten those kinds of props before. It's not a guarantee that whatever she releases next will be a huge hit (we can never really predict that), but what that performance did is remind people that Gaga's still full of surprises, and I can see many more eyes on her now that she's rolling in the next era. Gaga rolled into ARTPOP pretty fizzed out given that Born This Way was pretty much run into the ground and she was off the radar for a really long time without giving any promise that her next endeavor would change the game (despite what she tweeted or facebooked, the mainstream wasn't waiting with baited breath).

It's all about the material she releases, but if this exposure keeps up by that time, and her lead single is what the people wanna hear, she might just launch herself back on top. She seems to be laying the foundations for a comeback really well so far, so hopefully she keeps it up.

I'd argue that it's also about her image as well. I enjoyed ArtPop quite a bit as a fun, dumb pop album, but there were times where she was just too much, where the music took a backseat to shock and awe, and it was a turn off.

Her music and theatrics can work together to create something really special. Hopefully the break from pop, as well as her new management team, have helped her develop perspective to create her next successful era. I would hate to see her go through another ugly tailspin.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm sure the song would have been good if it wasnt half muted

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Fell? She was dragged to the PITS

tmarques

I didn't realise she was actually pulled. What a stupid idea to begin with.

It wouldn't be so bad if the rest of the performance was good, but in all honesty it wasn't. It was basically a rehash of the already boring Grammy performance, except she sounded like sh*t this time around instead of acceptable. You could tell she never really recovered from the fall. Funny how Madonna gets this reputation of being unshakeable when she has to be one of the most insecure people in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom