• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

This is cute! I like the direction she's going in this era.

cdcc37597f.jpg

Are you considering stanning like your fave does? *.*

Funny tho considering she'll probably never even be within REACH of that #1 ever again
ibsfeCaiTKFz8W.gif

Meanwhile Anaconda peaked at #2, with Starships at #5

Stay pressed Marinah
ibdI45f08pvs7Z.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ivy Levan info
- The album will get released in Spring.
- It contains a collaboration with Sting and production from Diplo
- The album will be autobiographical.
- She describes the sound as 'dirty, messy, gritty, beautiful and raw' + 'it's everything you could imagine a person feeling in a record'.
- She wants to collaborate w/ Missy Elliot.
5aeb6a9b99.gif

Oh and also Backstage Diaries stuff.

Touchdown

Banned
Funny tho considering she'll probably never even be within REACH of that #1 ever again
ibsfeCaiTKFz8W.gif

Meanwhile Anaconda peaked at #2, with Starships at #5

Stay pressed Marinah
ibdI45f08pvs7Z.gif

Oh sis you have it twisted tho, Mariah doesn't NEED another number one she already has so many. She is focused now on making music just for ha fans, for the art you could say.

1364fadcb2.gif

3phemeral

The precognitive Ariana Grande shade too
She's a great judge, she should have started running a label years ago.

She did. It was a short-lived one called Crave Records which Allure, famous for their remake of "All Cried Out," was signed to. Mariah sang background harmonies for that song (and on a semi-related note, she also sang background vocals for Babyface's "Everytime I Close My Eyes"). She later created MonarC, where she only released Charmbracelet and The Remixes.

Floridian

iTzl5JfAbiUtQ.gif

No matter how many cringe gifs of Legend J there are, she's vocally more powerful than 90% of the pop artists this community stans for. Can your faves sing with 50+ marshmallows in their mouths? I'd like to see them try.

jessie_j_epic_face_by_cyrilchendev-d3dc5s6.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iTzl5JfAbiUtQ.gif

No matter how many cringe gifs of Legend J there are, she's vocally more powerful than 90% of the pop artists this community stans for. Can your faves sing with 50+ marshmallows in their mouths? I'd like to see them try.

jessie_j_epic_face_by_cyrilchendev-d3dc5s6.gif

LET THEM KNOW HUNTY!
7666d3d5d9.gif

3phemeral

I've just discovered that Tamia
llah
has a new song out called Sandwich and a Soda which, despite the hilarious title, is actually not bad at all. I'll always love Tamia for her effortless ability to exude sexy slow-jam songstress, R&B lovesong realness, and dramatic chanteuse, and Sandwich and a Soda is sonically right in line with previous efforts like Can't No Man and Can't Get Enough, but with a funkier vibe.

Get into ha!

My List of Tamia Essentials:

Tamia:
So Into You
Who Do You Tell
Loving You Still
Careless Whisper
You Put A Move On My Heart

A Nu Day:
Love Me In A Special Way
Stranger In My House
Un'h...To You
Can't No Man
Tell Me Who
Go
Dear John

More:
Officially Missing You
Whispers
Tomorrow (I prefer the live version)

Between Friends:
The Way I Love You
Me
Can't Get Enough
Last First Kiss
Love and I
Still

Bonus:
Spend My Life w/ Eric Benet
Slow Jams (w/ Quincy Jones, Babyface)

And because I figure it's difficult to go into an artist's catalog blindly, I've categorized it by type (which some songs will overlap) so you can look for something that fits your taste and maybe move into the other categories:

Additionally, she can probablydefinitely outsing most of your faves. Notable live performances:

And singing impromptu and acapella on evolution-denialist Steve Harvey's show:

It's a shame she's such a flop.
MC-Nicki-Shook.gif
But what a phenomenally talented flop at that.

Despite that, you should definitely spend some time getting to know quintessential 90s R&B royalty that spawned the hits So Into You, Fabolous' single which sampled it, and Stranger In My House.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I havent understood anything on the page
whats a zendaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom