• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Heartbeat Song, Invinicible, Someone,

ieuqcuK.gif

Take you High, Piece by Piece and Run, Run, Run...

qETRyqO.gif

What kind of continuous slayage...

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Kelly.

These songs (aside from Heartbeat) are everything that album cover made me afraid they wouldn't be.

Fuck yes.

3phemeral

j6XvAV

So what do you do when
Somebody you're so devoted to
Sud-den-ly stops lovin' you
And it seems they haven't got a clue
Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride?
And sing "I will survive"?
Do you lash out and say:
"How dare you leave this way?"
Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away?​

ZSRE6E

Latch

j6XvAV

So what do you do when
Somebody you're so devoted to
Sud-den-ly stops lovin' you
And it seems they haven't got a clue
Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride?
And sing "I will survive"?
Do you lash out and say:
"How dare you leave this way?"
Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away?​

ZSRE6E

I would fight somebody over this song

Aguila

#ICONIC
How can anyone stan for Rita Oral B (which is surprising in itself) yet at the same time try to drag Rihanna.

bo4pz59.gif

I mean, what are Rita Ora receipts? Black Widow and Doing It which are only features? Her album which was a flop? Her 4 lines of dialogue in 50 Shades of Gray? Robert Kardashian tweets?

At least she still has the modeling career to fall back since is the only thing I can see her being mildly successful until she is replaced with a more charismatic and pretty face.

We can stan FIRO because she is poised to release an album full of bops from a variety of big name producers.

FIRO is hopefully going to give us an ALBUM experience. Rihanus, in her entire 7+ album career, hasn't even managed that.

And funny you mention modeling careers, something foRihead is better at than delivering quality albums, but then all she is doing is getting doped up and hiding her forehead instead of trying to wrangle her bleating goat calls into decent vocals at a studio.

photo.jpgf

Mau ®

We can stan FIRO because she is poised to release an album full of bops from a variety of big name producers.

If she ever releases it.

FIRO is hopefully going to give us an ALBUM experience. Rihanus, in her entire 7+ album career, hasn't even managed that.

Album experience kii. The only experience you're getting with Ora is chlamydia. Stay hoping a coherent album turns out from that "variety" of producers though.

Floridian

And funny you mention modeling careers, something foRihead is better at than delivering quality albums, but then all she is doing is getting doped up and hiding her forehead instead of trying to wrangle her bleating goat calls into decent vocals at a studio.
Rihanna's understudy doesn't have as much confidence on her own album as her stans does. That's why she has to literally beg Charli XXL and Igloo for hits outside the U.K where no one else checks for her. The amount of producers she's around with means nothing when you have no distinct voice. No musical receipts either. Seriously check her metacritic profile, it's just low rated movies that she probably paid/fucked to have four lines in. Rihanna actually has impact & critically acclaimed albums & actual receipts. I can't say the same for the "Me too!" singer. I really hope Oral's album is as "advanced" as some proclaim or this will be one long "kiii" of a bookmark. In the meantime, worry about when Rita is actually going to release her "music" instead of the Queen of Pop who gets headlines, grammies, and actual exposure during break. Global > Local.

V9QHwnH.gif

rhandino

Banned
Asking for an album experience from Rita Ora is futile, even more with those rumored producers she is "partnering" and a quick look to her previous work, I expect Artpop teas tbh.

photo.jpgf
At the end of the day Rihanna has managed to show that she is versatile enough to take both paths: Being a TRUE fashion icon and a successful singer(even if her strength are her singles and not the albums) instead of a jack of all trades that nobody knows and everybody questions what she is doing in major events.

Rita Ora is just a pale shadow of Rihanna

Vitanimus

Rihanna's understudy doesn't have as much confidence on her own album as her stans does. That's why she has to literally beg Charli XXL and Igloo for hits outside the U.K where no one else checks for her. The amount of producers she's around with means nothing when you have no distinct voice. No musical receipts either. Seriously check her metacritic profile, it's just low rated movies that she probably paid/fucked to have four lines in. Rihanna actually has impact & critically acclaimed albums & actual receipts. I can't say the same for the "Me too!" singer. I really hope Oral's album is as "advanced" as some proclaim or this will be one long "kiii" of a bookmark. In the meantime, worry about when Rita is actually going to release her "music" instead of the Queen of Pop who gets headlines, grammies, and actual exposure during break. Global > Local.

V9QHwnH.gif

the delusion

Charli XXL

jh1.gif

critically acclaimed albums

jh1.gif

Floridian

The Rihanna/Rita comparisons are getting a bit tired. It's almost insulting to rih's legacy tbh. She's superior in everyway.

Fashion. Check. Inb4 old claims of "but rita did it first".

Music. Check. Rita doesn't even have a music profile, a bit unfair.

Awards. Check. Rita won some MOBA award. Slay I guess?

GL to Rita on "Best new artist" I suppose. I'm waiting on her~

iijWr9tYdbTl5.gif

rhandino

Banned
critically acclaimed albums
jh1.gif

8WTTm4U.gif

Did he lie?

Unapologetic won a Grammy, Loud was nominated and Rated R and Talk That Talk were very well received. It's true that her best songs are the singles and the rare hidden gem here and there, I don't think nobody can argue that since one of the most common criticism of the albums is the filler.

----

Edit: Rita Ora fucking for relevancy is the only thing I can think of while looking at this picture.

jB6HCxR.jpg

Want to know who is his dad?

Aguila

#ICONIC
Nawt FIRO getting the #NVAY all shook.

A8qVh0v.jpg

Of course Rihanus is going to have more recognition than FIRO because, like house vermin, she returned every year to excrete an album.

You can't blame FIRO for actually wanting to release a QUALITY album and taking her time doing it.

rhandino

Banned
You can't blame FIRO for actually wanting to release a QUALITY album and taking her time doing it.
LOL, If Rita could be doing what Rihanna was doing from 2005-2012 when she was releasing album after album she would. Sadly she lack the hits and sales to do that

M8mA7jj.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
LOL, If Rita could be doing what Rihanna was doing from 2005-2012 when she was releasing album after album she would. Sadly she lack the hits and sales to do that

M8mA7jj.gif

FIRO released a shit album, but not everybody is as good at releasing shit albums as Rhoach is.

Let's hope it's quality, her album is close to BWET in terms of hidden. #Summer2015
ahh.gif

And look how BWET turned out.

#qualitY

tumblr_n3zw4h5czQ1qc3ni5o2_250.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
we thought love
could change our name
and free us
from our earthly chains
oh we wanted to believe in it
to believe in it
but they couldn't

we wanted to belieeeeeve in love
could lift us to the skkiiiesss and abooooove
but they wouldn't
fooooolllooowwww
foooolllloooooww

itOeACAYy13ZJ.gif

i get chills tbh

Vazduh

This thread started in September and by the time it's done, it's going to be six months, right? That has got to be a record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom