• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Happy Birthday Erykah Badu and Complex magazine celebrates by ranking Badu's top 20 songs.
http://www.complex.com/music/2015/02/the-best-erykah-badu-songs/otherside-of-the-game

Q1Bk36

Yasss, get into Erykallah Badu.

I'm feelin' kinda hungry
'Cause my high is coming down
Don't feed me yours
'Cause your food does not endure
I think I need a cup of tea
The world keeps burnin'
Oh what a day
What a day, what a day​
What an underrated vocalist
(though her upper-range belts may have a tone that some may need to acquire a taste for).

My favorite tracks:

Kyon was the greatest of all time. He would read me to filth for my Britney posts but we were good Judies off the record. <3

Also I think we still follow each other on Instagram. Lemme verify

I don't see how they put a song with a Little Wayne feature in top 20.

My top ten:

1. Drama
2. Bandy Bandy
3. Didn't Cha Know
4. Love of My Life (An Ode to Hip-Hop)
5. Next Lifetime
6. Bag Lady
7. Kiss Me on My Neck (HESI)
8. Window Seat
9. Appletree
10. Today

Happy birthday! :D

also off topic but hew do I message for a name change on here? Are they allowed? I use this one for a lot of services and I've since started changing to a different username on every site so as to avoid security breaches because my twitter got hacked :-(

rhandino

Banned

also off topic but hew do I message for a name change on here? Are they allowed? I use this one for a lot of services and I've since started changing to a different username on every site so as to avoid security breaches because my twitter got hacked :-(
PM a Mod. =D

Hope for the best!

ic8xj8q.png

Floridian

On Gaf it's allowed. Just do what I did and pm a mod or admin to request a name change. I changed it from Omaha to Floridian for personal reasons.

Artist: Shayna Steele
Album: Rise
Number of Tracks: 12

Shayna Steele's newest album is my first introduction to the jazz and r&b singer. Though the album is labeled as r&b and jazz there are a couple of tracks that sound more alternative and sort of country. Shayna's voice has a nice ease to it. She is always within key and utilizes harmony effectively. Her sound in combination with her voice and the production reminds me of old jazz singers but I can't pin it to any particular ones. She does very much has a distinguished sound. I find all of the tracks listenable, but it doesn't stand out as a whole. It is a very enjoyable album though and very recommended for easy listening.
7/10

Notable Tracks:Everybody's Cryin' Mercy and Gone Under

Aguila

#ICONIC
Scooter Braun recently told Billboard it would arrive in March. He reckons it has "hit" written all over it. "Her new single is coming in March. I told her that she couldn't come out with anything unless it was on the level of 'Call Me Maybe.' And, now we have a new one that is on that level," he said.x

Carly Rae Satan is coming.

Prepare ur souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom