• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

SIS!

me too!

when i realised that it was about a boy, i was embarrassed to listen to it because i wasn't out of the closet

but to have written such an unashamedly sexy song about fancying a guy, the power, the influence. and for it to not be a joke or tongue in cheek. a life affirming moment for a young queer growing up in rural england tbh.

this is what i am
i am a man
so come and dance with me michael

imMUNLOmx2d0R.gif

I was too young to truly reconcile my feelings at the time, but it set things in motion I suppose. Only took 7 more years for me to get out of my "I'm straight but I think guys are hot" phase.

botty

Banned
image.php

#Beautiful - #15
The Art of Letting Go - #119
You're Mine (Eternal) - #88
You Don't Know What to Do - #???

Shouldn't she be beneath it?

iVWw8OZZl9LU0.gif

rude

Banned
Dated eurotrash music? I guess that's cute. Didn't know she had the kind of budget to get Lupita in one of her vids.

Dated eurotrash music? I guess that's cute. Didn't know she had the kind of budget to get Lupita in one of her vids.
Oh.

I was about to admonish you on the folly of categorical dismissals based solely on origin, but then I remember that's exactly what I do with every single one of your posts~

rude

Banned
Oh.

I was about to admonish you on the folly of categorical dismissals based solely on origin, but then I remember that's exactly what I do with every single one of your posts~
Thanks for dedicating your time to critiquing me. I'm trying to become a better person; just taking it day by day. :)

Meowster

Sigh. It is such a shame that the real Queen of Pop UTADA (who holds the record of selling 2 million albums in one week) was never able to break into the United States thanks to her using talentless hacks as producers and racism. Her shit is so good.

Meowster

Oops, forgive me, I didn't know the first album sold over 3 million in a week. At least she blessed us with Sanctuary in the USA. Poor Rebel Heart. #BuyRebelHeartOniTunes #UnapologeticBitch #BitchIAmMadonna

Sigh. It is such a shame that the real Queen of Pop UTADA (who holds the record of selling 2 million albums in one week) was never able to break into the United States thanks to her using talentless hacks as producers and racism. Her shit is so good.
I've only heard Simple & Clean and My Sanctuary, I'm hoping she returns for KH3 tbh

Meowster

TBH I prefer Jasmine over Utada.
Let me get IN to her. I'm still getting into a lot of Japanese pop but these old divas are kinda better than a lot of the fads we've listened to throughout the past two decades.

In other news, just found out Mariah Carey was almost chosen to sing Eyes On Me for Final Fantasy VIII. Hm. I wonder how that would have turned out.

Meowster

I've only heard Simple & Clean and My Sanctuary, I'm hoping she returns for KH3 tbh
I listened to Ultra Blue (the album that has Passion, the original Sanctuary, as a single) and it is so damn good. She probably won't be coming back now since she's on hiatus and would probably only wake up if someone dangled two billion dollars over her face. She loves money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom