• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flop

Banned
I feel like this gif sums up my Artpop experience. It hits hard and then leaves me wanting more as I go for the sweet nectar of a finale...
But I still love Gaga

GGrdQ7kyl8Us8.gif

overcast

I meant Im looking for more St.Vincent.
Huge fan here too. You can't go wrong listening to her discography in order. From Marry Me, to Actor, to Strange Mercy, to St. Vincent. The sense of progression is amazing. The last two are probably the most similar sounding, but even then there are clear strides. She's so consistent. There are a few songs you should check out that are not from her albums:

Krokodil (one of her best).
She Is Beyond Good and Evil (pop group cover).
Darkside remix of Digital Witness. Pretty strange, but awesome. Feels right (not her, but it's a remix of her song..)

She's amazing live.

Vitanimus

Huge fan here too. You can't go wrong listening to her discography in order. From Marry Me, to Actor, to Strange Mercy, to St. Vincent. The sense of progression is amazing. The last two are probably the most similar sounding, but even then there are clear strides. She's so consistent. There are a few songs you should check out that are not from her albums:

Krokodil (one of her best).
She Is Beyond Good and Evil (pop group cover).
Darkside remix of Digital Witness. Pretty strange, but awesome. Feels right (not her, but it's a remix of her song..)

She's amazing live.

! I've never heard Krokodil before, lemme go listen

I saw her last month and she was [ a m a z i n g ], her 10 minute set of your lips are red was life changing

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Warrior is sublime. It is practically a crime against humanity that they chose the singles they did
The public were ROBBED of brilliance in favour of Will.I.Am and Juicy J

More 1989 tea

The leadoff track on 1989 tries to capture the excitement of someone who just moved to New York, as Swift did earlier this year. "I was so intimidated by this city for so long," she says. "It's so big, with so many people. I thought I would never be able to make it here, because I wasn't something enough — bold enough, brave enough to take on this huge city in all of its blaring honesty. And then at a certain point I just thought, 'I'm ready.'"

eek.gif

"The moment when we shifted from friendship into working together was when we were talking about the snare drum on Fine Young Cannibals' ‘She Drives Me Crazy,'" Antonoff says. "Taylor brought it up first, and I was like, 'Holy shit, you're not going to believe this: I just sampled that snare in a track.' I played her one second of it on my iPhone, and she was like, ‘Send me that track.' That became a song called ‘I Wish You Would.'"

eek.gif

One song was taken straight from the pages of Swift's journal, and another, "Out of the Woods," sounds like it could have been. "The thing I love about that song," says Antonoff, who co-wrote it, "is parts of it reads like a diary, and parts of it read like something 100,000 people should be screaming all together. It's got these very big lines that everybody can relate to, which are given weight by her being really honest about personal things."

eek.gif

YCY5VGb.png

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

cory64

Scary. Those inhuman eyes will haunt our dreams, darlings.

She kinda looks like she’s got a stuffed-up nose and has to resort to mouth-breathing. And why does it look like she’s peaking out from under someone else’s hair? She’s like a freaky little hair gremlin that lives in your scalp.
We weep for the youth of this generation if “I dyed my hair brown” is considered some sort of brave statement or act of rebellion. Bitches, we used Kool-Aid and Elmer’s glue on her hair back in the day. “I made out with a rapper.” GIRL, PLEASE. If you know what the person you’re making out with does for a living, YOU AIN’T NO THING, MISS THING. Now take this ice cube and safety pin, get in that bathroom, and poke a hole in yourself like a true rebel would.

HARRUMPH.

iM4NLxJH7cc3V.gif

cory64

I don't know how her team approved that, or maybe the pre-shopped version was just *that* bad and this was all they could use.

Mau ®;130332302 said:
4Q8aKtk.png

She really is hurt by ARTPOP flopping. Jesus.

Damned if she is, damned if she isn't sis. Wouldn't you be pressed if the media tore you down after taking you to the top not too long prior?

Not them comparing her to a headlouse :rip:

“I was 14 years old and ready to make an R&B album. I was like, ‘Where is that Mary J. Blige collab? Where is that Natasha Bedingfield writing session? Where is my session with India Arie? I’m ready. Let’s go.”

"I dyed my hair back to brown. I made out with a rapper in the video. I made the point I wanted to make.”

Not Natasha Bedingfield

mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom