• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
What a weird round.... I'm not familiar with Björk at all, going by google image search she seems to have the same weird, ethereal out there kind of vibe as one of my new faves iamamiwhoami? Maybe it's time I try her out.....

I really don't like Ke$ha, she's cleaned up her act a bit since her nasty, trashy days which I think is admirable (saw her on that flop show Rising Star) but this girl drank her own urine....... then again, I guess I kind of like Timber and since have literally never heard a Björk song, I guess my vote this round goes to Ke$ha :/

Mau ®

What a weird round.... I'm not familiar with Björk at all, going by google image search she seems to have the same weird, ethereal out there kind of vibe as one of my new faves iamamiwhoami? Maybe it's time I try her out.....

I really don't like Ke$ha, she's cleaned up her act a bit since her nasty, trashy days which I think is admirable (saw her on that flop show Rising Star) but this girl drank her own urine....... then again, I guess I kind of like Timber and since have literally never heard a Björk song, I guess my vote this round goes to Ke$ha :/

Um sis,

you could at least make an effort and listen to "All is full of Love".

Also Bjork wrote Madonna's "Bedtime Story".

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Mau ®;130336688 said:
Also Bjork wrote Madonna's "Bedtime Story".

wait WHAT??!!! for real O_O

Bedtime Stories is one of my VERY FAVORITE songs and music videos of ALL TIME!

m4.jpg

tumblr_lt72qc6Osa1qa9vqgo1_250.gif

Damn it I already voted, Soulscribe I wanna change my vote to Björk just for that alone!

tmarques

dUKaFA6.png

educate ha ian

Part of me chuckled. He's right and her self-importance is getting tiresome.

Part of me feels it's kind of douchey because you can tell she's kind of... unbalanced. She keeps saying she doesn't care about sales, charts or what the media (and Madonna) thinks, but it's obvious she obsesses over it 24/7. I hope she gets help because she's looking like she's heading for a major breakdown.

Vitanimus

you know the whole trashy thing was just an act right

like...

tmarques

Damn it I already voted, Soulscribe I wanna change my vote to Björk just for that alone!

You might want to hold that thought, Queen B was a bit of a bitch about it. Madonna wanted Björk on her album. Björk said thanks but no thanks. Madonna refused to take a hint and hired Björk's producer (I want to say Nellie Hooper, but I'm not sure). She then proceeded to badger the man to get Björk to write her a song. Björk relented but said in interviews that "I only did as a favour to a friend". As if that wasn't bad enough, turns out Björk had actually sent Madonna a rejected track from her Post album, which was eventually released as a b-side under the name Sweet Intuition.

(Anyway, the fact that Bedtime Story is a Post reject should be enough evidence that you've wasted the last 20 years of your life ignoring Björk)

Mau ®

You might want to hold that thought, Queen B was a bit of a bitch about it. Madonna wanted Björk on her album. Björk said thanks but no thanks. Madonna refused to take a hint and hired Björk's producer (I want to say Nellie Hooper, but I'm not sure). She then proceeded to badger the man to get Björk to write her a song. Björk relented but said in interviews that "I only did as a favour to a friend". As if that wasn't bad enough, turns out Björk had actually sent Madonna a rejected track from her Post album, which was eventually released as a b-side under the name Sweet Intuition.

nnnn that's new info for me. Mess.

Oh well. The track is still amazing. And the video is M's best.

Vitanimus

(Anyway, the fact that Bedtime Story is a Post reject should be enough evidence that you've wasted the last 20 years of your life ignoring Björk)

educate us *.*

How does that make Bjork sound like a bitch? It makes Madonna sound worse than Bjork does. Pushy mare.

I thought Bjork recorded a demo called 'Let's get unconscious honey' (or something), which she sent off to America to be reworked by Nellee Hooper and de Vries into the final version of Bedtime Story for Madonna, whilst she personally developed the demo into her own version of the track called Sweet Sweet Intuition, which is why the songs sound completely different.

The timeline fits that narrative, Bedtime Stories released in 1994 and Post released in 1995 anyway, including the Sweet Sweet Intuition b-side earlier in 1995. A mess. It's not like she sent a fully-developed rihject off the pile because she couldn't be bothered to get off her glorious Icelandic arse.

These results so far.........

RIP

mmmhmm

so are we going to get a mid-way piechart like in every other round

it's only fair

cory64

I'd say Madonna was pressing to get a collab and Björk just didn't want to be bothered.

Madonna was really smart about her collaborators up until she caught Pheral and Timbaland with career-low levels of innovation. Shep, Orbit, Ahmadzai, Price. Great choices.

enigmatic_alex44

you know the whole trashy thing was just an act right

like...

I.... did not. Was it really though? She's been different since rehab

Haha really? Well Madonna can be a bit of a bitch admittedly and a workhorse.... I remember Justin Timberlake complaining when they collaborated on 4 Minutes that he was tired and Madonna wasn't so she made him pull down his pants and injected a Vitamin C shot into his ass cheek for energy XD

icon_lol.gif

I won't hold that against Bjork lol

I'm gonna need to check out Björk's discog I think........

cory64

I made a Madonna playlist to follow up my Janet playlist

2+ hours of my favorite M stuff all flowy-togetherlike. Not necessarily her 30 most essential tracks though, I don't think that would work as a playlist.

Overture: Hung Up > Girl Gone Wild

Act I: Die Another Day > X-Static Process

Intermission: Music > Holiday

Act II: Survival > Easy Ride

Epilogue: Everybody​

3AF8

Celebration needs to be taken off the shelves, what a lousy compilation

Latch

I thank God daily for allowing me to exist in a time after Madonna's invention of pop music so I can enjoy it to its full extent

iS6b1pY2LH7Ds.gif

cory64

I thank God daily for allowing me to exist in a time after Madonna's invention of pop music so I can enjoy it to its full extent

iS6b1pY2LH7Ds.gif

Isn't it something?

The opening quartet of Confessions is the modern day equivalent of the Abbey Road medley. Except much better.

cory64

This Nick Jonas song is slaying radio. I'm here for it, at least until I get sick of it.

edit: They're literally hanging out in abandoned pools, please start a fundraiser for these disadvantaged youth

FrnTD6Z.jpg

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
edit: They're literally hanging out in abandoned pools, please start a fundraiser for these disadvantaged youth

FrnTD6Z.jpg

not with an already 248m+ stadium tour becoming the biggest band of our generation

and to wonder there was some delusion going around here that they wouldnt make it past 2014

pRQyJt4.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i watched that jonas brother video (whichever one he is) waiting for tiddys the whole time and i didn't see any

more tiddys please. iw anna see your tiddys jonas.

Nick Jonas - Jealous (Music Video)
Tacky. Awkward. Terrible Direction
ibv6vkhXX1B9Qn.gif
Well, at least he's nice to look at. The song is okayish, he looks weird singing it, and it's starting to sound like a Miguel song. Which is not good.
i watched that jonas brother video (whichever one he is) waiting for tiddys the whole time and i didn't see any

more tiddys please. iw anna see your tiddys jonas.
Is that how it's spelt in the pUKe? I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to a mans chest as titties before. I'm legit giggling.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I really really really really really really want Robyn to release a 'live versions' alber that has all of her live arrangements

The Do It Again your version of Be Mine is worth £10 alone

Vitanimus

I really really really really really really want Robyn to release a 'love versions' alber that has all of her live arrangements

The Do It Again your version of Be Mine is worth £10 alone

I googled it and got this...

when the chorus hits
cry.gif

I saw you at the station
You had your arm around what's-her-name
She had on that scarf I gave you
You got down to tie her laces
You looked happy and that's great
I just miss you, that's all

cry.gif
cry.gif