• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

First off, the beat for WALLACE sounds like it will fucking slay
she's coming back for wigs and weaves and Iggy can take several seats
Chasing Time sounds amazing too, shes got a good chance to smash in the UK as its very much the sound that is popular there right now

And now to the voting...

Xod097B.png

When have you ever bopped to Bjork in the club? Never.
When have you ever got with your friends and started to sing along to Bjork? Never.
When have you ever been able to understand what Bjork sings? Never.

A vote for Kesha is a vote for light, a vote for pop, a vote for glitter a vote for the future
Do not vote for that Icelandic banshee and her alternative hippy ways.

this is such a terrible post

yours faves could only wish they could touch bjorks legacy. absolutely NONE of the contestants in this tourney are anywhere near bjorks level in terms of songwriting and production considering almost all her albums are amazing

but then again you're drunk for 23 hours of each day so you probably think keshas yodelling sounds amazing

this is such a terrible post

yours faves could only wish they could touch bjorks legacy. absolutely NONE of the contestants in this tourney are anywhere near bjorks level in terms of songwriting and production considering almost all her albums are amazing

but then again you're drunk for 23 hours of each day so you probably think keshas yodelling sounds amazing

The fumes

iA8pZuG1u1YWU.gif

another tove lo song is out on itunes, which is the only quality i'll listen to

I, I'm not the prettiest you've ever seen
But I have my moments, I have my moments
Not the flawless one, I've never been
But I have my moments, I have my moments
I can get a little drunk, I get into all the don'ts
But on good days I am charming as fuck
I can get a little drunk, I get into all the don'ts
But on good days I am charming as fuck

idk, i've liked everything i've heard so far tbh, it's clicking with me. it's all quite relatable

i'm probably broken inside

cory64

I don't think we're getting R8 until the summer, this Home project sounds more substantial than I thought:

JKatz said:
This movie 'Home' we have coming, Rihanna has actually done 12 songs for the movie. It's not breaking into song. The characters don't sing and dance in the movie itself in it. But it is the soundtrack of the film and the songs have been written very specifically for scenes in the movie and for characters in the movie. It's a different type of musical than a 'Broadway' break into song one.

We'll probably get a trailer with her music in it any week now.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't think we're getting R8 until the summer, this Home project sounds more substantial than I thought:

We'll probably get a trailer with her music in it any week now.

Rihanna, her bodyguard era is coming

Asked why she did an album with only men, Streisand replied that there were female artists with whom she'd like to collaborate. On that list is Beyoncé.
"I would love to sing with Beyoncé, I think she's spectacular," Streisand said, adding:: "I'd love to sing with Rihanna, Adele. But I don't know any of the other girls."

sdfgjlsdkfgsdfgsdfg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
as much as I love Ke$ha for bringing us perfect trashy pop like Tik Tok, Supernatural, and Timber, I have to give my vote this time to Björk

Kesha beating Bjork would be worse than Grimes beating Mariah.

oop not me agreeing with royalan

sdfgjlsdkfgsdfgsdfg

Only a matter of time before Gaga catches wind of this and approaches her for a collab album

Gaga's been snatching iconic friends like Pokemon lately, Barbra will be her Charizard.

EDIT: Battle 04 has received the fastest voter turnout so far! We've already beaten the turnout for Battle 02 (Kylie vs Ellie) and it hasn't even been 24 hours! Thanks again you guys and keep 'em coming! Make sure to PM me your choice by tomorrow evening! <3 <3

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Partition gave Tove Lo the kiss of death when he said she was better than Robyn.

The writing was on the wall from that moment, she had no chance to survive that curse.

This young male performer has been raked over in the press constantly over the past couple of years for his bad behavior. This young female performer is just starting to act like a jerk… and is feeling the backlash of doing so!

What do they have in common? The same advisor! He may be making a lot of money with them, but he is not giving them very good advice. And they are getting the same advice: Demand and Lie!

Here’s how the Demand and Lie strategy works: You are the star. Do whatever you want and demand everything you want, no matter how ridiculous or unfair or inconvenient. Then, when something goes wrong, completely deny accountability. LIE! Say that it never happened. Say that someone else is to blame. Say that it’s the media’s fault for portraying you badly. Talk about what a good person you really are.

In the past week, you have seen her use this strategy not just once, but twice! Despite her protests, she IS the girl in the photos. Yes, she lied. Despite her protests, she IS the one making obnoxious demands in interviews. Yes, she lied. Doesn’t she see how badly this strategy worked out with the male performer? She is on track to be him in a couple of years.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I swear that if Robyn gets punched out by someone as basic and boring as Grimes did I am never going to stop screaming

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
nspcc-logo.jpg

Tinashe has a new song thats quite nice, even though the chorus is a bit of a dud
This girl is single handedly converting me to R&B

Yeah Feels Like Vegas her chorus is a gigantic flop. A shame since the rest of the song is quite nice.

Tho it's looking like 2 on will be the best song on the album &#128064;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom