• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Yes. She still talks to Derryck (she made a long tweet about his condition after his health scare) and he went to see her to one of her shows recently. Avril should go back to Brody Jenner and use the Kardashian name to get some attention tbh.

Or even better, avoid men for a while, lol

Give us some independence anthems, girl!

N1ThGf6.gif

SaintZ

Cheek to Cheek - 2/5 - Slant Magazine

If not for the session musicians' top-notch work, including Joe Lacorno's virtuosic tenor sax solos, much of Cheek to Cheek, which drags at an economical 45 minutes, would sound like glorified karaoke.

849cfcb6.gif
Wait, they go in since the first sentence

It's the oldest trick in the book: Past-prime pop singer attempts to boost his or her relevance in the face of dwindling sales and hastily changing trends by commissioning the help of a hotter, more bankable artist.

sorayamakupnhe6t.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Hey Mau ®!

I finally listened to your "Best of Rih" playlist you sent me! My impressions as promised ;)

I was only familiar with Umbrella (which I love), how the hell 7 albums managed to pass me by is still a mystery. I didn't love the collaborations with Drake or Kanye (I hate when rap gets inserted into a song, ruins it for me usually). After listening to all of the songs, I thing she's a pretty good singer with a recognizable voice (I think I could recognize it if she came on the radio)

Birthday Cake was kind of trash

Didn't like Stay

Didn't love All of the Lights or What's my Name (would like the latter if Drake's part were excised)

Cold Case Love was ok but didn't love it

Rude Boy was decent

Take Care was not bad (even didn't mind Drake on this one)

Diamonds was pretty good but the WEIRD pronunciation on "Shine broyght like a doymand" really ruined what could have been a great song O____O

Man Down was quite good! (like the reggae vibe)

LOVE Only Girl in the World, We Found Love (featuring the one y'all think is hot Calvin Harris hehe), Don't Stop the Music and Where Have You Been!

LOOOOOOOOVE Princess of China!!! my fave of the bunch *.* Who knew Rih and the guy from Coldplay could go so well together <3

Some of these are def going on my playlist
1Oymt.gif

So I officially like Rihanna. I've LOVED her on social media this year (the twitter trolling and soccer trophy scandal lol), loved her as a high fashion icon, so now that I've enjoyed the missing link, her music, I think I can say I'm enough of a fan to be perched for R8! <3

Now I may not be fully #NAVY yet, but let's say I've got one foot on the submarine haha ;)

giphy.gif

THIS FIGHT WILL COME TO A CLOSE IN A LITTLE UNDER 40 MINUTES, SO MAKE SURE TO PM ME YOUR VOTE ASAP IF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE BJORK OR KE$HA MOVE FORWARD ON THE WINNERS BRACKET!

Also, I've been waiting for Battle 05 for a while. Check in soon to see who the match-ups are!

Mau ®

Hey Mau ®!

I finally listened to your "Best of Rih" playlist you sent me! My impressions as promised ;)

I was only familiar with Umbrella (which I love), how the hell 7 albums managed to pass me by is still a mystery. I didn't love the collaborations with Drake or Kanye (I hate when rap gets inserted into a song, ruins it for me usually). After listening to all of the songs, I thing she's a pretty good singer with a recognizable voice (I think I could recognize it if she came on the radio)

Birthday Cake was kind of trash

Didn't like Stay

Didn't love All of the Lights or What's my Name (would like the latter if Drake's part were excised)

Cold Case Love was ok but didn't love it

Rude Boy was decent

Take Care was not bad (even didn't mind Drake on this one)

Diamonds was pretty good but the WEIRD pronunciation on "Shine broyght like a doymand" really ruined what could have been a great song O____O

Man Down was quite good! (like the reggae vibe)

LOVE Only Girl in the World, We Found Love (featuring the one y'all think is hot Calvin Harris hehe), Don't Stop the Music and Where Have You Been!

LOOOOOOOOVE Princess of China!!! my fave of the bunch *.* Who knew Rih and the guy from Coldplay could go so well together <3

Some of these are def going on my playlist
1Oymt.gif

So I officially like Rihanna. I've LOVED her on social media this year (the twitter trolling and soccer trophy scandal lol), loved her as a high fashion icon, so now that I've enjoyed the missing link, her music, I think I can say I'm enough of a fan to be perched for R8! <3

Now I may not be fully #NAVY yet, but let's say I've got one foot on the submarine haha ;)

giphy.gif

I see *.*

I can tell you prefer Pop Rih over Urban Rih or Introspective Rih.

I'll now assemble a list of the "best of Pop Rihanna" *.* Be perched for it.

Bjork and Ke$ha competed for your votes, and the people have spoken. Who reigns victorious?

ibr7LuW5Ou1a19.png

Bjork wins handily! Ke$ha fans put up a great fight but it was too much for the Icelandic songstress. Ke$ha's received enough votes to get her pretty far in the Losers Bracket so Warriors definitely have another fight ahead of them.

Round 01, Battle 05 crashing in shortly! A couple of blonde bombshells are ready to face off!

Four battles down! Mariah, Kylie, Gaga and Bjork are officially entrants in the Winners Bracket. Which of the following two icons will follow suit?

These blonde divas became huge during their teenage years, and have evolved to become mega pop superstars. Today only one can move forward, and the other must fall. Who do you choose?

ibeOrTml7Nzxbh.png

This is a toughie! Britney has a mountain of hits but you can't deny Taylor's song-writing talent and musical ability. I was expecting both of these ladies to be near the finals but alas, the luck of the draw can ruin a party. :p

You can now directly PM me your vote by clicking here! Just write in your vote in the subject field. :)

Voting is now open.

(and thank you Nemesis for the PM quick link suggestion. The US government thanks you. <3)

&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;
poor knee

Just checking who's left to play:
Beyoncé, Rihanna, Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Jessie Ware, Charli XCX, Robyn

If it comes down to Jesus v Robyn I'll cry

IrishNinja

&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;
poor knee

Just checking who's left to play:
Beyoncé, Rihanna, Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Jessie Ware, Charli XCX, Robyn

Ware & i wanna say i dig what i've heard of Robyn, Bey will likely have my vote too. Perry might get a pity one more for bringing out the big balloons because her music is bootyyyyyy

Nemesis_

YULIA VOLKOVA of t.A.T.u. fame has been saying some interesting things

WIll you condemn your son, if he is gay?

Yes, I would condemn him, because I believe that a real man must be a real man. God created man for procreation, it is the nature. The man for me is the support, the strength of... I won't accept gay son.

Stop stop... you just told me that you do not mind if your daughter was a lesbian. You were talking about freedom...

This only applies to a daughter, not a son.

So you think that freedom can only be for women?

I think for men it's a bad freedom. In our time, there is a very large number of frivolous girls (and a man can fuck a large number of these girls). This is freedom for men. And a man has no right to be a ass. Two girls together - not the same thing as the two men together. It seems to me that lesbians look aesthetically much nicer than two men holding her hand or kissing.

iy1iJAwqQyrbm.gif

Well, I guess bjork deserved it but I didn't like either so easy win!

The new battle has already been won. This is way to easy for me but I'm sure the person I voted for probably isn't going to win lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom