• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarques

Regina Spektor, Kate Bush, Cat Power, Joni Mitchell and Tori Amos are on this list. The Telegraph partially knows the tea.

All that's almost completely cancelled out by having ADELE as number one tho.

The order is weird, yes, but props to them for also including Debbie Harry and Björk. Mariah should have been on the list of course, but nowhere near the top.

tmarques

and yet you fat shame Mariah in every post. Hi pot, meet kettle.

tumblr_nkm2j8M2RC1ql5yr7o3_500.gif

Why are you so obsessed with me? Weren't you banned once for being on my case? Use the ignore button already.

Anyway, I'm not complaining that people call Madonna old. All I'm saying is I suspect some posters will never give a Madonna album a fair chance because of their dislike for her. And it's fine to dislike the woman, I was mocking her myself during the MDNA era after all, and God knows I didn't think she'd ever release a decent album again.

And since you seem to keep tabs on everything I post, you'll remember I said Mariah's last album was good. I may not like the woman's current persona, but that's a separate matter. The talent is still there.

So I went to see flight facilities last night. It was amazing. They brought live singers which was unexpected.

I'm surprised that a flop like Owl Eyes actually sounds the way she does on the album. I mean, she wasn't belting but she did good for her high parts and even when she tried to go higher. There was fine ass men everywhere, but this is NYC so go figure. Models were everywhere... Like these girls came in packs. One had a boyfriend that just was so unsettling to me. She was gorgeous and he was just so.... Meh..

Aaannnnyyywaaayyss, it was good. I am still fuming I didn't get to see my husband Touch Sensitive open because bs but for my first concert in years, it's a start.

Vitanimus

Our mother's philosophy
It feels like quicksand
And if she sinks
I'm going down with her

Hackle this darkness
Up to the light
Where choreographed oxygen
Embroiders the air

When we're broken we are whole
And when we're whole we're broken

We are the siblings of the sun
Lets step into this beam
Every time you give up
You take away our future
And my continuity and my daughter's
And her daughters
And her daughters...

iGfPhaWYa7mDo.gif

Vulnicura truly is AOTY.

Vazduh

Iconic sounds like a sleeper club hit tbh

It was one of the few standouts back when I gave the album a listen. Sounds like a potential single, tbh. Btw, I'm glad that Madead chose Ghosttown as her next single because it's one of the best songs on the album and probably my personal favorite.

Vitanimus

Mau ®;155803774 said:
I've been listening to this again after months.

It's so good.

220px-La_Roux_-_Trouble_in_Paradise.png

trouble in paradise was cute but it had no longevity. something to listen to when you have 15 minutes free or a surprise on shuffle. but I never found myself going out of my way to listen to it after a couple of weeks.

Mau ®

trouble in paradise was cute but it had no longevity. something to listen to when you have 15 minutes free or a surprise on shuffle. but I never found myself going out of my way to listen to it after a couple of weeks.

I agrih but it's still a quick-vapid slay.

Vitanimus

calling trouble in paradise a flop suggests any expectation of it doing well

it's not like she had a hit single or radio support, or any meaty promo appearances that I can recall. plus a five year gap after a debut. hopefully her next effort isn't plagued by other issues and she gets more success akin to bulletproof and in for the kill etc.

3phemeral

Mau ®;155812213 said:
Rihanna is the first black woman to ever rep for Dior.

ICON making histoRIH again.

tumblr_n5h2azT85d1rpywblo1_500.gif
Says a lot about Dior, tbh.

-----

As much as I like that beat for Bitch, I'm Madonna, I've moved it to trash. I just can't get into that sound. Is no one a fan of Inside Out? I think Best Night has a really chill vibe that's complemented well with that Middle Eastern instrument (have no idea what it's called). S.E.X. is also another great track that reminds me a Bedtime Stories Madonna. And Messiah continues to slay.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I just can't. It's like Rebel Heart's Nude Beach A Go-Go. It's cute for what it is but it's not something I can get into.

how on earth do you think it's the equivalent of Nude Beach a Go-Go tho

i don't think anything on RH is as much of a stylistic curveball as that

Frodo

As much as I like that beat for Bitch, I'm Madonna, I've moved it to trash. I just can't get into that sound. Is no one a fan of Inside Out? I think Best Night has a really chill vibe that's complemented well with that Middle Eastern instrument (have no idea what it's called). S.E.X. is also another great track that reminds me a Bedtime Stories Madonna. And Messiah continues to slay.

Still love Bitch I'm Madonna. The breakdown at the end just kills me every time. +1 fan of Inside Out here. Album filler, but still nice. Best Night is great, I love the Justify my Love reference in there. Don't like S.E.X. and I don't like the fact that the same girl moaning noise used in Holy Water is used again here. And while I'm at it, Holy Water is one of my favourites, but again, that moaning noise is so annoying. I want to remix that track to remove that and dial the volume of that bassline up. The bassline is just superb, it sounds amazing.

My favourite is still Body Shop, though. In love with it. So chilled out. Love the vocals.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;155818351 said:
"Bitch I'm Madonna" is so rancid. The production is so dated. Trash trash trash.

aren't you here for the new mumford & sons song, which sounds like coldplay circa 2001, though?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Holy Water is one of my favourites, but again, that moaning noise is so annoying. I want to remix that track to remove that and dial the volume of that bassline up. The bassline is just superb, it sounds amazing.
Natalia and her power.
gmi8X.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom