• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

And while I'm at it, Holy Water is one of my favourites, but again, that moaning noise is so annoying. I want to remix that track to remove that and dial the volume of that bassline up. The bassline is just superb, it sounds amazing.

Get into the demo version.

Mau ®;155818351 said:
"Bitch I'm Madonna" is so rancid. The production is so dated. Trash trash trash.

It sounds like that mostly because of Sophie (although Diplo's responsible for the more aggressive parts of the song). There's this new-ish post-Internet subgenre of pop called PC Music and which is apparently popular in the blogosphere, but I wonder if it will actually catch on, or stay forgotten like witchhouse. Time will tell, I guess.

3phemeral

The album version is way too soft. Diplo's mix is better simply because it actually goes in a bit.

I tried it. It's those verses.

how on earth do you think it's the equivalent of Nude Beach a Go-Go tho

i don't think anything on RH is as much of a stylistic curveball as that

It's the vibe from the verses. The chorus is great and hits, but the "I just wanna have fun to-night (woo ooh ooh oooh)," grates my ears. The mood shifts from this cute, carefree, childlike essence and into some hard-hitting shit, which is obviously the point but I just don't care for it.

[edit]: Forgot to address your point, I wasn't referring to in terms of "this is left-field from everything else," but the sound. Nude Beach A G-Go is obviously way more dedicated to fleshing out its sound throughout the entirety of the track, but I was referring more to the same kind feeling I get while listening to it (disappointedly non-scientific analysis, I know.) So it's more like, BIMs verses remind me of NBAGG (
lol
)

Still love Bitch I'm Madonna. The breakdown at the end just kills me every time. +1 fan of Inside Out here. Album filler, but still nice. Best Night is great, I love the Justify my Love reference in there. Don't like S.E.X. and I don't like the fact that the same girl moaning noise used in Holy Water is used again here. And while I'm at it, Holy Water is one of my favourites, but again, that moaning noise is so annoying. I want to remix that track to remove that and dial the volume of that bassline up. The bassline is just superb, it sounds amazing.

My favourite is still Body Shop, though. In love with it. So chilled out. Love the vocals.

Filler? Nooo. I'm clinging to these tracks because it's the only ones I've liked so far that I think I'll stick with. Ghost Town and Devil Pray are two others that might pass that test. Don't get me wrong about Body Shop, it's a majorly cute bop, but I'm having trouble feeling it.

It sounds like that mostly because of Sophie (although Diplo's responsible for the more aggressive parts of the song). There's this new-ish post-Internet subgenre of pop called PC Music and which is apparently popular in the blogosphere, but I wonder if it will actually catch on, or stay forgotten like witchhouse. Time will tell, I guess.

Ah, interesting.

Frodo

Nice. I need that bassline of the album version, though.

Filler? Nooo. I'm clinging to these tracks because it's the only ones I've liked so far that I think I'll stick with. Ghost Town and Devil Pray are two others that might pass that test. Don't get me wrong about Body Shop, it's a majorly cute bop, but I'm having trouble feeling it.

Filler just in the meaning of it was never intended to sell the album or to be a single. :)

And then it becomes a single. It is not like Madonna doesn't have a story of picking the wrong singles anyway. :p
Just look at Give Me All You Luvin'

3phemeral

Nice. I need that bassline of the album version, though.

Filler just in the meaning of it was never intended to sell the album or to be a single. :)

And then it becomes a single. It is not like Madonna doesn't have a story of picking the wrong singles anyway. :p
Just look at Give Me All You Luvin'

Ah, I've always considered filler to be tracks with a sound or lyrical content that were already covered by some other track, making it conceptually redundant. That, or a track with a quality so drastically subpar from the rest of the album that it sticks out.

Mau ®

aren't you here for the new mumford & sons song, which sounds like coldplay circa 2001, though?

Coldplay never goes out of style
160x160x114-raised-hand.png.pagespeed.ic.MIg2DrxaLC.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;155822764 said:
Coldplay never goes out of style
160x160x114-raised-hand.png.pagespeed.ic.MIg2DrxaLC.jpg

it's difficult to go out of style when your style is so middle of the road, so drab and ordinary, that it never is in style to begin with

truly the cerulean blue sweater of the music industry

tumblr_n7mf6vSjsO1sqaanso9_250.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
gaga getting a mention in the main video and the bonus
her eternal power

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
maybe rihanna's feature reminds them of growing up on the ranch, surrounded at night by the calls of goats, donkeys, and pigs in labour

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh @ ciara nearly clocking carly rae and her viral ways in youtube views, with a random track

The one thing I like about Natalia Kills (I can't speak for anything else coz I haven't heard a thing by her) is her makeup. Always on POINT. The hair usually snatches too.

Matt_

Well Ciara is a bigger star so I would hope so.

than tom hanks?
i think not
also bigger than carly rae is even questionable now days

edit; talking of style, eternal frustration at the fact I love the verses but hate the chorus

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;155847685 said:
We staying all nite
We never slow down
I think we better do it like we're doing it now!

!!!

Old single. Get into the new single Famous and future summer smash Die Tonight.
idCWLktV8c7fV.gif

Mau ®

Old single. Get into the new single Famous and future summer smash Die Tonight.
idCWLktV8c7fV.gif

I'm actually listening to True Romance rn-

I always wanted you, sometimes it's hard
What do I do to lock you up inside my heart
I wanted you from the starts
I want to lock you up inside my heart

crying.

What I Like is Charli's best song.

And when the clouds part open
When the last word is spoken
When the last heart been broken
We'll be sittin' on your bedroom floor still smokin'

idCWLktV8c7fV.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;155848657 said:
I'm actually listening to True Romance rn-

I always wanted you, sometimes it's hard
What do I do to lock you up inside my heart
I wanted you from the starts
I want to lock you up inside my heart

crying.

Both albums are perfect to be quiet honest.
d8e7286cf4.gif

Mau ®

Besides Florence, Paul, and Kanye, what other collabs are known? ��

Chris Martin wrote a song
She apparently did a song with Drake last year in France.
Prince is rumored
She recorded something with DJ Snake
Rae Sremmurd confirmed a collab but it's not know which also it's for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom