• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Love Story http://tayswiftdotcom.tumblr.com/post/97937814043/youareinloves-taylor-swift-performing-love

45ab1e3e.gif

Robyn has a lot of awesome songs.

Body_Talk.jpg

But Kylie is just overall so much better to me. She's pop perfection imo.

4126XEZRMSL.jpg

Kylie_Minogue_-_Aphrodite.jpg

Kylie_Minogue_-_Body_Language.png

eA4KgbH.jpg

Kylie_Minogue_-_Kiss_Me_Once_%28Official_Album_Cover%29.png

So another vote for Kylie.

3U8Rbid.gif

I have a feeling Robyn is winning this round though

royalan

Look.

I'm getting real sick of this shit.

Y'all Taylor Stans can go ahead and receipt stan.

You can even hype up her songwriting skills (although I personally I stopped updating my Livejournal when I turned 12 but whatev).

But stop taking it further than that.

Stop hyping this mess up as though she's actually talented.

Love Story isn't even a DIFFICULT song, and yet she is ear-abusingly FLAT right from the fucking onset. Had to cut this crap off not even halfway through because my ears couldn't fucking take it.

MILEY sings better than this.

SELENA GOMEZ sings better than this.

KATY PERRY SINGS BETTER THAN THIS.

That performance was fucking terrible. From the vocal to the damn loud-ass production remix.

Your girl ain't talented. And none of you hoes better ever come for Xtina again after praising this frog-mouth trollop as someone even vocally inoffensive, much less TALENTED.

Terrell

Kylie. Always Kylie. In some ways, not even the "queen of pop" compares.

Side note: I'm still to this day looking for a Chinese version of X that features a version of The One with a Jolin Tsai duet. I just want to hear it once. To blow my mind.

Look.

You can even hype up her songwriting skills (although I personally I stopped updating my Livejournal when I turned 12 but whatev).

Love Story isn't even a DIFFICULT song, and yet she is ear-abusingly FLAT right from the fucking onset. Had to cut this crap off not even halfway through because my ears couldn't fucking take it.

That performance was fucking terrible. From the vocal to the damn loud-ass production remix.

Your girl ain't talented. And none of you hoes better ever come for Xtina again after praising this frog-mouth trollop as someone even vocally inoffensive, much less TALENTED.

royalan and enigmatic alex fuming
45ab1e3e.gif

she's really going to make it this era, isn't she
45ab1e3e.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
this is some fucking bullshit
Kylie absolutely TROUNCED Ellie and now she has to go up again?
if she falls into the losers brackets I will absolutely fume
but i hope people shall vote for the true goddess
amO0DV.gif

this is some fucking bullshit
Kylie absolutely TROUNCED Ellie and now she has to go up again?
if she falls into the losers brackets I will absolutely fume
but i hope people shall vote for the true goddess
amO0DV.gif

yeah, wait you're right, I thought Kylie already moved onto Round 2? Why is she against someone who has yet to clear Round 1?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
yeah, wait you're right, I thought Kylie already moved onto Round 2? Why is she against someone who has yet to clear Round 1?

Something to do with how the next round would go
I guess because with 18 there would be 9 in the winners and 9 in the losers so I'm assuming by one person redoing a vote then there will be 8 in the winners bracket and 10 in the losers

it is still a travesty. kylie deserves some bonus points or some shit
although she should win on her own merit, given the fact that her discography vastly outdoes Robyn's, not to mention her numerous career accolades, her flawless videography and the fact that she is queen of euro pop

Mau ®

Yes, The Lord sounds very off-key in Love Story.

But the remix's production makes up for it. Please be included in the overly expensive deluxe of 1989 that I'm buying!!!

Vitanimus

So you thought it would happen
Good love goodbye
I know where no one can reach you
No I don’t mind
It’s your world why would you fake it
These days go by
As you turn around

Other people want to keep in touch
Something happens and it's not enough
Never thought that it would mean so much
Other people want to keep in touch

cry.gif

Mumei

Look.

I don't see any lies.

Link to your livejournal. I want to see that unfiltered adolescent royalan Xtina stanning

My god, Robyn vs Kylie.

This shit is impossible. They both have some amazing songs.

Robyn has more songs that I love to dance to and go out with and have fun....but ... but then... but then there's yoooooou, and everything went from wrong to right, and the stars came out to fill up the sky, the music you were playing really blew my mind, it was love, at first sight.

Hgahrhg, can't choose.

Matt_

Can we all agree that Get Outta My Way is Kylie's best song?
not a fault to be seen, can't find a decent version of the video anywhere though

Vazduh

Can we all agree that Get Outta My Way is Kylie's best song?
not a fault to be seen, can't find a decent version of the video anywhere though

I found the video in HD, but it's on Vimeo. Hope you don't mind that :)

Kylie Minogue - Get Outta My Way

I wouldn't say it's the best, but it certainly is one of her best songs. Man, I don't think I could ever pick a favorite, since I have so many, for example, Slow, On A Night Like This, Some Kind Of Bliss, 2 Hearts, In My Arms, Come Into My World, Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Burning Up, Confide in Me... and, well fuck it, I also love Better The Devil You Know.

Flawless queen.

gqXjTkR.gif

indeed also divine

does anyone know why the get outta my way video is so hard to come across?

Btw, for some reason I wasn't able to find On A Night Like This on YT, which, like Get Outta My Way was on emimusic's account. I don't know why they removed those two videos.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Illusion is also pretty incredible, considering it's just an album track.

[edit] And not you all sleeping on I Believe In You.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Pretty much the song that re-launched Kylie's modern career and slays everything Robyn ever did up until Body Talk. Absolutely iconic Bop.

tumblr_lyiwa8gIlv1r2l4j3o1_500.gif
This isn't completely true tho btw. Spinning Around, On A Night Like This, and Kids had all launched her back into the limelight. She was poised to dominate, and then Can't Get You Out Of My Head dropped and the rest is history. The most effortless mid-to-late career transition in history tbh.

I actually don't like "can't get you out of my head" and find it odd that it's that songs specifically that's her most successful en memorable song.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I actually don't like "can't get you out of my head" and find it odd that it's that songs specifically that's her most successful en memorable song.

I dunno, I think it's a pretty perfectly constructed pop song. Totally infectious, perfectly poised, polished, sexy, slinky, and ever so slightly wistful.

I dunno, I think it's a pretty perfectly constructed pop song. Totally infectious, perfectly poised, polished, sexy, slinky, and ever so slightly wistful.

I just think it's a bit too monotonous. I don't even know what the chorus is, but I'll guess it's the "na na na, na na na..." part.

I voted for Kylie. I'm less familiar with her work but her career has been so explosive and full of diversity that she gets all my props.

Robyn has some great bops, but even then I feel like Kylie has more under her belt. You go queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom