• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Sis, nobody believes this story.
I do. The same thing happened to me when I was a sophomore in high school at a super emo house party. "Since U Been Gone" came on, and the entire house started singing. It was bizarre. And considering "Shake It Off" is way more catchy than SUBG, it's completely believable.

iSYnf59RKIf8v.gif
iSYnf59RKIf8v.gif
Haunted
iSYnf59RKIf8v.gif
iSYnf59RKIf8v.gif

3phemeral

I blame the Tumblr gif quality. :(

But I didn't even tell you what you were "allowed" to do, sooo....

That's the quality of the
(Netflix)
video :(

There doesn't seem to be any better than that. :(

[edit] Album update: Beyonce's album has aged incredibly well (I still use all of it), but poor Sia. There's only a few tracks on there I still use. MIAMTEC still retains my original opinion of the best tracks versus the innocuous and the trash.

royalan

That's the quality of the
(Netflix)
video :(

There doesn't seem to be any better than that. :(

[edit] Album update: Beyonce's album has aged incredibly well (I still use all of it), but poor Sia. There's only a few tracks on there I still use. MIAMTEC still retains my original opinion of the best tracks versus the innocuous and the trash.
I feel the exact op op opposite.
Sia's album still slays, but Blow is pretty much the only track I can still listen to from Beyflopcé.

3phemeral

I feel the exact op op opposite.
Sia's album still slays, but Blow is pretty much the only track I can still listen to from Beyflopcé.

Really? Even the tracks I was iffy on with Beyonce have grown tremendously. There's a lot of her lower register that really emphasized on this album, and the subtleties with how she uses it for certain songs like Rocket, Superpower, and Jealous really add to the emotion. I've only used a handful of Beyonce's tracks from previous albums (but I use most of DC's Writing is on the Wall), but Beyonce is the first time I've actually used a whole album of hers.

Sia was able to wring a lot of pure emotion out of OTFOF but a lot of them have sort of become lyrically hollow to me after repeat listens. Like Cellophane or Dressed in Black. Elastic Heart and Chandelier still get a lot of use, and other tracks I don't mind if it's played randomly.

this is making me remember how mad i was when i left the stadium that she doesnt do blow

she sings pretty hurts

she sings if i were a boy

she sings fucking why dont you love me

she SINGS SOMEONE ELSE'S FUCKING SONG

BUT SHE CAN'T SING BLOW??????????

Mumei

I can criticize Mariah if I want and when I want. waiT at this unnecessary power trip moment.

I honestly can't tell if you have a reading comprehension issue or if you're just joking, so I'm just going to drop this, since my post wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. <_<

Touchdown

Banned
I honestly can't tell if you have a reading comprehension issue or if you're just joking, so I'm just going to drop this, since my post wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. <_<

Sis, I was joking with you, hence the cute gif..... ;)

iWrKPz4WVD6qw.gif

......I miss Leona btw :(

Mumei

Sis, I was joking with you, hence the cute gif..... ;)

iWrKPz4WVD6qw.gif

......I miss Leona btw :(

Oh. It was cute?

I didn't think the gif was meant to be cute, since it seemed like she was the embodiment of that, "You can't tell me what to do!!" message of the post. It seemed to accentuate the message, rather than subverting it and making it clear it was a joke, which is why I wasn't sure whether it was reading comprehension issue or a joke in the first place. And since you doubled down on it, I gave up on trying to figure it out.

If you -hadn't- posted the gif, I would have been more likely to think you were joking. <_<
I'm sure Leona is enjoying herself, whatever she's up to these days

Touchdown

Banned
Oh. It was cute?

I didn't think the gif was meant to be cute, since it seemed like she was the embodiment of that, "You can't tell me what to do!!" message of the post. It seemed to accentuate the message, rather than subverting it and making it clear it was a joke, which is why I wasn't sure whether it was reading comprehension issue or a joke in the first place. And since you doubled down on it, I gave up on trying to figure it out.

Nope it was just a bit of humor. :) Mess at you coming for my reading comprehension though. I'll still wish you a Happy Birthday because that's just how I am.
tumblr_n6jxfyPoA31rbojslo2_250.gif

Wynnebeck

Banned
Shake it Off is bad and Taylor Swift hasn't put out a good song since.....ever.

Oh and #TeamKylie. Fever alone slaps the hell out of anything Robyn has put out.

rude

Banned
Shake i[T] Off Slays. Obviously none of you have long commutes; I get my life 2 it while I drive.

Saying goodbye 2 summer btw w/this. slay a [ l o t ] mimi.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Happy Birthday Mumei!

Also: RIP Gaga. She needs a break and better management.
Her new manager is handling her well in terms of booking promo so I don't see the issue with that. Right now the issue is that she can't stop her pity party in every interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom