• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only like one Robyn song, and I haven't seen it posted yet.
With Every Heartbeat

And I haven't seen that one Kylie song I like posted either.
But there's more than one.
Timebomb

top of the page edit: Reminder - Beyonce will slay
with Jay-Z
for 2.5 hours tonight on HBO.
jP22C5b2XH0cs.png

Mau ®

AP: U2 released its new album alongside Apple, and Jay Z and Beyonce also released recent albums in unconventional ways. What do you think about that and do you think of innovative ways to release music when readying a project?

Gaga: I think honestly what we need to be doing, and this is my opinion, is instead of trying to find ways to trick the world into focusing on the album for a brief moment, I think that artists need to speak more about how media treats the artists

ki. Her victim complex is getting out of hand.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Mau ®;130922006 said:
ki. Her victim complex is getting out of hand.

lmao

She purposely changed the subject so she wouldn't have to talk about her flop artpop app. She is so out of touch. It's kind of sad now tbh.

Yado

My most played Robyn Songs are from her Robyn album

Anytime You Like
Eclipse
Should Have Known
Robotboy
I think I had already worn out her singles from this album by the time I started scrobbling.
Dancing on My Own

Kylie
Love at First Sight
2 Hearts (Extended Studio Version) (The album version of 2 Hearts is terrible)
Fever
The One
Heart Beat Rock

i9PavlJTXanlN.gif

I think I enjoy my top 5 Kylie songs more but I think Robyn makes better music in general. Kylie's good songs are really good but most of her music isn't very interesting.

Mau ®

Did you read the whole quote? lol

Yes, and I stand by my words.

She certainly had no complaints when the media was all up her arse, right? Now it's all about the evil media, the evil label, the evil execs, the evil traitors and evil social media users. They're to blame for ARTPOP. When she says "media should be more kind to artists" she only means her.

royalan

Making statements like this is really unbecoming of our First Lady.

There's being relatable, and then there's lacking class.

It's amazing how Shake it, God!'s performance is handily outpacing WANEGBT's, even factoring in the near 100k difference in their opening sales. And people said she would be seeing a decline... poor them.
1074.gif

Bladenic

I was tailgating for the football game today and Shake It Off played and literally everyone guy, girl, or gay got down and were singing along.

Her ever reaching impact

could your niche faves ever?

Mau ®;130930691 said:
Yes, and I stand by my words.

She certainly had no complaints when the media was all up her arse, right? Now it's all about the evil media, the evil label, the evil execs, the evil traitors and evil social media users. They're to blame for ARTPOP. When she says "media should be more kind to artists" she only means her.

True, though it's a chicken and the egg question: Does she have issues with the pop industry now because she flopped, or did she flop because of the issues she had with the pop industry?

It's easy (and fun) to say the first one but it is kind of interesting that her fame (and chart records) free-falled right after she split with her management. The timing of that kind of supports the second one, no?

Don't come for my first lady when you can't even fire sluts who suck dick on duty.

isc6umBeLp1N7.gif

So I made my decision. Definitely Kylie. I love Robyn but Kylie has delivered so much bops over the years that there's no competition. I would say Robyn last album is much better than Kylie last 2 and the quality of music is argumentatively better But Kylie just has better bops.

True, though it's a chicken and the egg question: Does she have issues with the pop industry now because she flopped, or did she flop because of the issues she had with the pop industry?

It's easy (and fun) to say the first one but it is kind of interesting that her fame (and chart records) free-falled right after she split with her management. The timing of that kind of supports the second one, no?

Girl it's obviously the first one. From her debut all the way up to Born This Way her music and image were rooted in glamorizing fame, media, and the public obsession with both. Look at the Paparazzi video. Look at the Bad Romance video. Listen to her interviews where she says she studies the 'art of fame' and is interested in the decay and downfall of famous figures.

Now that she's the metaphorical star from the Paparazzi video, the one the media wants to tear to shreds, the one that people are interested in as a case study of flopping artist, the pop industry isn't a spectacle anymore? Bye, Stephen.

ibgjpSxlcnPpOq.gif

Not sure if Gaga s bitterness is real or just a nicely created narrative through selective quoting, but if it's real, that's kinda sad. Girl should just continue her tour, and after that get in the studio to try again. Not this jazzy stuff with Bennet. lady Gaga is still a household name in pop, and was a phenomena just 2 years ago. She can bounce back.

Lemme have a moment with G. U. Y.

Edit: oh and she should release a HQ version of Partynousious.

Mau ®

Well things fall apart when you don't have management supporting you. It literally went to shit the moment Troy stepped off because she doesn't know how manage IMO. She's a great musician and performer, but she's not the businesswoman people believed her to be and everything that has happened since illustrates that.

I mean, she kinda has a manager right now but IIRC the dude was basically Troy's assistant or intern. She basically surrounds herself with people that are familiar to her and that she can control.

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;130948052 said:
Well things fall apart when you don't have management supporting you. It literally went to shit the moment Troy stepped off because she doesn't know how manage IMO. She's a great musician and performer, but she's not the businesswoman people believed her to be and everything that has happened since illustrates that.

I mean, she kinda has a manager right now but IIRC the dude was basically Troy's assistant or intern. She basically surrounds herself with people that are familiar to her and that she can control.

wait, this mess also applies to mama Mimi.

ihzX0WKg0FyJQ.gif

Mumei

wait, this mess also applies to mama Mimi.

ihzX0WKg0FyJQ.gif

Girl...

When some shady thing applies to your own fave, you keep it cute and hope no one makes the connection. Not you doing everyone's work for them, I swear.

Mau ®;130950836 said:
Bey lipping to Partition.

I could've sworn she was singing for real tho until that little mess-up :O

Mariah's influence strikes again. <3

Touchdown

Banned
Girl...

When some shady thing applies to your own fave, you keep it cute and hope no one makes the connection. Not you doing everyone's work for them, I swear.

Mariah's influence strikes again. <3

Excuse me, I'm allowed to say what I want about my fave. I'm also not concerned about "everyone's work".

ibnYLzCsjiZ2Ca.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom