• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
mess... looked at the first page of 7.5 and it's a graveyard
rihp
---
I didn't have a breakdown when Lana lost so if Bey doesn't win I will probably stay sane tbh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Back from President bush and I am slayeD
The first act was absolutely divine
The second act was just wtf. She sounded great but the fuck was up with the story and who on earth has that many songs about birds Jesus Christ
But it was all saved by an encore that absolutely transcended space, time and legend

I have never seen so many standing ovations and as she started to perform cloud busting I generally thought she would be swamped under a flock of Middle aged women and gay men

Kate bush stays being better

3phemeral

Get your life with the Time of Your Life with this timeless ringtone bop.

And Vote M.C.

ijosYjb2DEoRB.gif

Only a Queen could make a ringtone so bop-worthy.

Mau ®

The "On The Run" HBO special pulled in 888k viewers.

For reference, Justin Timberlake and Gaga both pulled over 1M with their HBO concert specials.

The HIVE is riled up right now..

JAYZ made me want to give up two minutes in. Literally, he cuts her off every 5 minutes and it's him for like a whole 15. Worst but best show I have ever seen. Ugh...

rude

Banned
tbh I don't like either candidates too much but I feel Beyoncé has contributed more socially than Mariah in my short flop life
What do you mean? What has Beyoncé contributed to society other than a flawless example of how to hustle, connive, and step on those who've ever helped you?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I summon the Gamemaster!

As it has come to our attention that a participant in the contest was permanently banned, the current vote tally should rightly be reexamined.

This member, banned on this day, was banned due to the discovery that they were the illegitimate alt account of a previous member who was also permanently banned.

Such accounts are expressly forbidden by NeoGAF policy and, thus, the only conclusion that can be reached is that this member was never an eligible member of GAF at any point during this contest.

As this was discovered during the current round, and before a final tally of votes between Beyoncé and Mariah Carey was determined, it is only fair and right that the offender's vote be stricken from the tally of whichever contestant for whom they voted.

It is the right thing to do.

Wait hang on

You really want to make this about false identities?

ik7gm036cxTjd.gif

Vitanimus

because Beyoncé is willing to dedicate a televised performance to proclaim how much of a feminist she is

I mean if Mariah has done simian feats I'll. be more than happy to change my vote :eli:

Don't blame the system on the individual's fraudulent choices.

Like Mariah getting married to the game to get up on others to where she is today lol. Everyone has some type of talent, except when your with the head of the record label who can make everything happen... But let me not strike her down for her Vile and fraudulent choices as well. Her talent is above business dealings..

Battle 7 shattered voting records; almost 70 individual votes were cast, which obliterates the previous highest record of 38! Tallying this round has been completely bonkers, with the closest matchup so far reeling in to even numbers then stretching out to double digits leads, and back again. It was definitely a tense affair for me since I'm a bit biased toward one of the two entrants, but now we can announce a winner!

Here are your results:

i1p26cPWYGwj5.png

Mimi soars to the top in the first major upset of the OT-X tourney so far! Beyonce had a big lead on day one but Mariah ended up catching up and then some in the final day. This is especially impressive considering that Beyonce was not only the expected winner of this match-up, but she was by FAR the most nominated contestant going into this. Granted, Bey stans, this isn't over for Mrs. Carter! Keep her afloat in the Losers Bracket to give her a shot at snatching the crown from down below!

May this be a lesson to all: NO ONE is safe.

Thank you to those who voted for making this the most fun match for me so far, I seriously enjoyed getting such an obscene amount of PMs at a time. <3

ROUND 01, BATTLE 08 COMING IN MINUTES!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
poor whitney, if only she'd known that it's only career death that makes you popular among "popgaf members"

Cynosure

There's a place that I go
That nobody knows
Where the rivers flow
And I call it home
And there's no more lies
And the darkness is light
And nobody cries
there's only butterflies

mariah-carey-o.gif

Yado

The real disappointment here is that Soul didn't tamper with the votes like Bey would have preferred. What would Matthew have done?

ibnMIF2fKWUxIR.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
well at the end of the day, all i can say is, what great news. i mean that popgaf has nearly 70 members! who knew?

Only in the Wildest Moments does our next contender let her claws out. But does she stand a chance against pop's official wild child? BATTLE 08 BEGINS NOW:

iyqmor5qscXbP.png

Hmm. Another David and Goliath pairing. Can Jessie Ware pull out an upset ala Mariah?

You can vote now by CLICKING HERE!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
does touchdown have any kind of investment in this matchup?

i need to know whether i should bother voting before we start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom