• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not listened to this Want Your Feeling until now.......

tumblr_inline_nbnyou5URD1roeneh.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I need PopGAF's opinion.

Is this show watchable?
Meh. It was very...pilotty. She was definitely the best thing about it. A show coming from that source material with that decent of a cast should have had a more solid script starting out IMO.

I've got a rule about not judging a new show too harshly until I've seen 4-6 episodes though, so I'll stick around for at least a little longer.

overcast

I've actually met Jessie Ware too, she said she noticed me dancing in the crowd. Funny, down to earth, talented. I don't always find her really attractive in pictures, but it really adds up, whole package.

CRS met her with me too :]

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Sorry rih
I've seen Jessie live and she is fucking amazing not to mention everything from the new album is great, I've even warmed up to the Ed Sheeran track

Vazduh

If it was anyone else tbh, I would vote Rih. But I can't against Jessie. She may be a flop, but she has such a sultry voice that...ugh. I can't. Share it all made me choke....Aaliyah was lifted because of her. Disclosure had the honor to work with her. She has miguel on a track. Like...the decision is easy

Vote for Jesus.

Yes to all this.

Vazduh

Yes, rude, stan a bit! <3

Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised by the sudden derhatization of POPGAF. I guess everyone's disappointed by the 2015 release date.

One thing is for sure... Mariah has been up before.. But this particular battle was the biggest.

Why?

Because people didn't really care for Mariah but voted her because they hate Bey and dislike her for some reason.

The Queen, her power.

I was not expecting Beyonce to lose. I thought she was popular on PopGAF.

Well it seems that despite her being one of the greatest artists of all time and the best performer since Michael Jackson's peak, a large pocket of people are still threatened by the prospect that someone can be brilliant AND hot.

More calm answer: Beyonce got more votes from POPGAF (a 2:1 ratio at least) but once people outside of POPGAF started voted they apparently preferred an artist whose music most of them haven't even heard. Whatever it takes to keep Bey down I guess. :/

The bad news for them though: Beyonce is much more likely to sweep the Losers Bracket since she received almost three times the votes as anyone else in that field (so far), so she probably has an even bigger shot now to go to the finals. :p

royalan

So much salt in this thread. Let me add some to my fries...

In truth, if y'all wanted Beyonce to win so badly, ya shoulda been doing what Touchdown was out there doing:

HUSTLIN

Touchdown put in that work. Don't be mad because his fave raised him right.

This whole situation is some Tortoise and The Hare for your asses. Y'all thought Bey was such an automatic thing. You got comfortable. Then you got lazy. Then the patient Tortoise walked right on by while you weren't paying attention. YAAAAASSSS I LIVE!

I don't think that's necessarily true.

She would win against Rih, but I think she would actually lose against someone like Kylie. Kylie seems to have a really big following not only in PopGAF, but within GAF as a whole.

Sure, Bey would sweep the indies. But there's still a chance she would get paired against a big name girl in the loser's bracket, one who ALL of GAF supports.

I've resigned myself to the fact that Taylor has no chance, unless she gets paired against someone all of PopGAF seems to hate, like Ellie.

Will they stick around for Mimi's next match though? ThaT is the question tbh.

As for this match, someone has accumulated twice as many votes as the other. And we've already tied with the Kylie/Robyn voter turnout. Thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom