• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
rnFOoDY.png

it's official!!!!

i'm literally the most excited!!!KOWjls;g

[edit] oh my god and the setlist is amazing shaking and crying rn can't deal

Nice!! Have fun. :D

I wish Mariah would get out of Asia and come tour the US with the Elusive Chanteuse show. :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

rediscovering time bomb now

TELL ME NOW!

d'you wanna wanna (WOOP!)
i wanna wanna
dance like it was the last dance of my life
i wanna (WOOP!)
i wanna wanna wanna
dance like it was the last dance

we're on a time bomb
it might not last long
so lets just do it right now come on
we're on a time bomb
before the night's gone
let's just do it right now do it come on

how's mariah gonna be in her mid-40's and still make rih look like she works at the DMV tho

I'm sorry, we must be talking about a different Mariah. Or maybe you're just into that zaftig, seasoned, rode hard and hung up wet look.
This:
ibnFhaU3XaliBo.gif

vs this:
iPQjVBSbtFcdj.jpg

ok sis.

I'm not attracted to women, so I don't have the reference point for what's "sexy" to straight men. But I'm sure a 5-head outranks Mariah's rumen, reticulum, omasum, and abomasum.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
break this heartbreak
the production
holy shit

Mau ®

I'm sorry, we must be talking about a different Mariah. Or maybe you're just into that zaftig, seasoned, rode hard and hung up wet look.
This:
ibnFhaU3XaliBo.gif

vs this:
iPQjVBSbtFcdj.jpg

ok sis.

I'm not attracted to women, so I don't have the reference point for what's "sexy" to straight men. But I'm sure a 5-head outranks Mariah's rumen, reticulum, omasum, and abomasum.

Drag ha.

ifvHTMz4TkmdC.gif

IrishNinja

oh look, a beautiful woman getting photoshopped, how unusual

almost as odd as seeing beetlejuice there without a squeegee in one hand and a cup in the other, so i guess i saw 2 new things today

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;131535794 said:
After listening to the that Kylie + Garibay EP... I feel really bad for voting Robyn :(

Sis it's a slay but let's not go overboard here. Afterall Godbyn already conferred on us the holy Royksöpp and Robyn Do It Again EP this year.

How are the votes being aligned so far in the Rihanna x Jessie Ware battle? Here's a peek:

iS5hy0dQtYKfW.png

Someone has a pretty solid lead so far, but we don't have a lot of votes just yet so it's still anyone's game. Remember, you have until tomorrow at 8pm EST/5pm PT to vote!

You can PM me your vote here.

I feel like the only person who likes this song, but Masterpiece by Madonna is fucking lovely. The only time her vocals accented the song and didn't hinder it, and the melody's incredibly satisfying and, I'll say it, sort of timeless. Under the right circumstances and timing this song could have been huge. Especially during Like A Prayer/Evita era Madge.

The only song on MDNA I use, aside from rare bouts of Love Spent and I'm Addicted. Oh and Girl Gone Wild.

Actually I kinda like MDNA, sue me

3phemeral

Kylie's voice is very similar to Madonna's. They just aren't really listenable whatsoever.

I'm thinking that maybe it's because I grew up with Madonna but at the same time, Madonna knows how to sell a song (for me), from her dance hits to her ballads. Even if her voice isn't remarkable, it just fits: La Isla Bonita, Cherish, Take A Bow, Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters, Into the Groove, Beautiful Stranger, Human Nature, Rain, Hung Up, Sorry, etc.

In other news:

ivwkL6HtCxhow.gif

Lookin' good.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm thinking that maybe it's because I grew up with Madonna but at the same time, Madonna knows how to sell a song (for me), from her dance hits to her ballads. Even if her voice isn't remarkable, it just fits: La Isla Bonita, Cherish, Take A Bow, Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters, Into the Groove, Beautiful Stranger, Human Nature, Rain, Hung Up, Sorry, etc.
Kylie has done this pretty effectively too. Except those awkward mid-career 'indie' albums.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh at me googling will.i.am and it taking me straight to a web page
kudos, pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom